• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Your turn SEGA, First the NX, now we got the XN news, it's your tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn!

I want Sega to release a retro Saturn clone. No CD drive to keep the cost down, all of Sega's Saturn games built in, one controller, HDMI out. Sell the thing for $50-75. I'd be happy with that.

Your turn SEGA, First the NX, now we got the XN news, it's your tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn!

Sega made the Switch 20 years ago.
title.jpg

Complete with 3 hour battery life, TV-out, and Multiplayer support.

Tellaerin

Sega made the Switch 20 years ago.

Complete with 3 hour battery life, TV-out, and Multiplayer support.

I had a Nomad back in the day. Really only used it around the house, since it sucked batteries dry like a vampire, but I loved that thing. Though the one handheld I really wanted back in the day was the TurboExpress. :V

Ludens

Banned
Wow, just came home from work, booted Steam, it downloaded a DS3 patch, I was "let's see what this patch do" and...the community hub is full of people reporting cheaters with early access to dlc weapons. Good job From.

kagamin

Wow, just came home from work, booted Steam, it downloaded a DS3 patch, I was "let's see what this patch do" and...the community hub is full of people reporting cheaters with early access to dlc weapons. Good job From.

It's like Dark Souls 2 all over again! LMAO

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman The Telltale Series (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-BB90C386655EACAA - Taken by NeoRaider. 5 entrants total.

t1477086801z1.png

How do I download the 25th anniversary soundtrack for Civ VI? I bought the base game yesterday but redeemed the code for the deluxe pack and soundtrack today so I had already downloaded the game before the DLC showed up in my library.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oops didnt notice it was the telltale DRM version of bats. welp >_>

Uzzy

Civ 6 is literally unplayable, it's so weird. I just booted up the game, got to the main menu and found myself entirely unable to do anything but sit and listen to the main theme.

Very bizarre.

Nzyme32

Gah, so frustrated with Civ - namely the tutorial mode since I haven't had time to try anything else. Ran into so many bugs that make the game increasingly irritating to play and now reached the point where I have 3 instances of music playing in discord, a goal that I can't achieve in the time I have free, no save, increasingly dodgy locations of UI tips and elements that don't go away correctly or are laid out on screen one way but you click and it selects a different option... and so much more

I've given up on it. I've no idea if the rest of the game is like that, mine is fucked up or they just didn't pay attention to the tutorial mode. I'm done for the day. What a waste of time.

Deques

Played half an hour payday 2 to unlock a few achievements. Got a safe. Realized that those can be sold in Steam market. Sold the safe for 0.40 Euro. Nice :D

Just finished the Orwell demo. Fantastic stuff, definitely picking this one up.
Great price point too.

I can agree to this, really well done investigation simulation. Very political in terms of balancing freedom/security as a topical theme nowadays.

Thanks for the hint, out of nowhere. Everyone should at least check the demo.

"Die Gedanken sind frei"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hollow Bliss has a Steam page.

Small bannner:

and large banner:

You beat me to the punch Wok, but thank you to everyone on GAF helping with the bits. I can still make changes to the Store Page from feedback, but right now working hard on the game to meet the launch date.

Trying not to show too much but make people interested is a hard balance. I also am in talks to have the game be up on Humble Store, GreenManGaming, Indie Game Stand, Bundlestar, & Amazon right now, as a heads-up to SteamGAF.

Though odd the old small capsule image is being used some places, in others the updated one is being used, but alas.

capsule_184x69.jpg

I really enjoyed stacking units in CIV IV, I still played CIV V for 50 hours but it just wasnt the same. It gets boring having to move 30 units every turn when at war.

Stellaris: Leviathans and its Heinlein patch are a lot of fun so far. Biggest improvement is combat balance, so suddenly fleet comp and the actual design of ships plays a critical role in how successful a given fleet will be. Another smart change was spreading out empires by reducing habitable planets--it makes expansion a lot more interesting. And to top off both of these big improvements, a nice visual bloom has been enabled that makes 'em shine a little brighter.

That said, I'm still in the 'early game' phase (it's only been 40 years!) so I haven't seen much of Leviathans content yet. With how much stronger roving fleets of raiders are, I'm kinda scared to explore... let alone meet any space monsters.
Is Mount and Blade: Bannerlords expected this year or next? Because if it's a ways off I'm gonna get Civ VI, the hype is getting to me.

They haven't said either way but 2017 is probable, unless they do something crazy like drop it during Christmas. Taleworlds has been working on it a long time but have only recently started to show gameplay.

And man, Bannerlord is gonna be so amazing.

They haven't said either way but 2017 is probable, unless they do something crazy like drop it during Christmas. Taleworlds has been working on it a long time but have only recently started to show gameplay.

And man, Bannerlord is gonna be so amazing.

It's one of my most anticipated, it's one of those PC ass PC games that I can't not get excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom