• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Yes but I don't want to mess with extra software and youtube accounts. Would be much more convenient if I could just press F11 for example.

So you want Steam to become more demanding. And You can already press F11 and record last 10-15-30 minutes of your gameplay with both AMD and Nvidia solutions.

abracadaver

So you want Steam to become more demanding. And You can already press F11 and record last 10-15-30 minutes of your gameplay with both AMD and Nvidia solutions.

Steam already uses the hardware encoding for steam link and inhome streaming. It also gives every user 20GB cloud space. Why not let users save some videos?

Tizoc

I want to get a USB Hub to replace my ghetto cheap-ass one that I've been using, what's a good recommended model?
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=usb+hub

EDIT: Apparently someone didn't get the memo
windows-10-blade-pro.png

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-pro?utm_source=affiliates&utm_medium=CJ

Danj

Does anyone know if there's a way to configure Steam to not pop up dialogs notifying me about events being held by groups or games I'm following?

Deques

How is Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition-? Is it fun game? It's currently 75% off in Humble Store. Wonder if I should get it

Tizoc

How is Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition-? Is it fun game? It's currently 75% off in Humble Store. Wonder if I should get it

Port runs fine for me. The game itself is rather basic system wise but the characters have some nice charm to them.
Freed is voiced by Daisuke Ishiwatari btw.

fantomena

Oh man, Im having so much more fun with CivVI than with Gears 4 and a lot of shooters.

CivVI and FH3 are definetly some of the games Ive enjoyed most this year.

Ludens

Banned
Uninstalled Soul Axiom after a couple of hours spent on it. I think the game suffers the same issues of Master Reboot:

-uninspired, with different but yet repetitive puzzles in the levels: find a cube, use your power here, push a button. The game lacks a direction, items you can interact with are not always clear so there's even a pixel hunt element I found boring.
-too dark. Really, even with brightness to the max, I find hard seeing something in this game.
-plot is rather light and confusing: you are literally throw in this world with no explanation, finding some confusing bits of a story in and there.
-the game won't save in the middle of a level: after playing 40 minutes, I needed to shut down my PC, so I quitted the game just to discover later none of my progress has been saved. No way I'll do again all that.
-buggy experience. Crashes, framerate all over the place etc.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-1B240FCC7F13017E - Taken by voodooray
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-259ADCF2A3722754 - Taken by Sarcasm

Anteater

Q: Will FFXV be coming to PCs? Also, what about the PS4Pro version of the game, the improvements will consist only in 4K and HDR or there’ll be modes/configurations for the player to choose how the game looks?

HT: About the PC we’re focusing all our efforts into the console versions of the game. So we’re not looking into it right now to be honest. Making a PC version of the game would mean we’d have to readjust a lot of stuff and concentrate solely on developing it, even though the development team has shown interest in getting a PC version out at some point. About the PS4PRO, it’s basically the same thing about the PC – if we wanted to take full advantage of the new hardware that would mean putting in much effort and time to make the game look and run better…and time is something we don’t have right now neither we had foreseen the PS4Pro existence before. In the future, with some dedication and time maybe we can get a PS4Pro version of the game that can take advantage of the systems capabilities. But as of right now the game has maxed out the PS4 horsepower.

:p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So... will they pull a Rockstar and delay the PC version further more ?

Squeenix said the other week that doing a proper PC version would take "more than a year" but even for Squeenix that strikes me as an overestimation. I expect the PC version to arrive 6-12 months after the console versions hit.

Squeenix said the other week that doing a proper PC version would take "more than a year" but even for Squeenix that strikes me as an overestimation. I expect the PC version to arrive 6-12 months after the console versions hit.

Yeah, that's bullshit. I expect them to just push settings and call it a day. Although I can see them releasing a GOTY version, either at the same time on PC or after sometime on PC.

Nillansan

Im curious if Ghostlight will release/port Samurai Western? It's a spin off of Way of the Samurai series which was published by Atlus back in the PS2 era

That's some neat art work, I need to look that up. There are so many obscure games, ideally all the good ones should be preserved on the PC platform. Streaming and finicky console backwards compatibility won't do.

I've mentioned this before, but I think the PS4 Pro and Scorpio mark the beginning of the console arms race condensing into a game of leapfrog. Nintendo will continue its idiosyncratic approach of indulging hit-or-miss whims, but I expect Sony to one-up Scorpio in 2018 and Microsoft to respond in kind in 2019, and so on until consumers get sick of it.

Yeah, seems like it will be their approach going forward, it sounds messy. I wonder how it will all affect the PC platform. I wanted to ask you earlier, but do you still believe that we'll see re-mastered version of Red Dead Redemption?

Knurek

I've mentioned this before, but I think the PS4 Pro and Scorpio mark the beginning of the console arms race condensing into a game of leapfrog. Nintendo will continue its idiosyncratic approach of indulging hit-or-miss whims, but I expect Sony to one-up Scorpio in 2018 and Microsoft to respond in kind in 2019, and so on until consumers get sick of it.

Funniest thing is, unless I'm misunderstanding something, PS5 might not even be an x86 machine.

Nzyme32

Funniest thing is, unless I'm misunderstanding something, PS5 might not even be an x86 machine.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...tation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine

I think MS will stick with x86 to suit Windows and push the perpetuity angle. It would be a bit surprise for Sony to move away from x86 to something completely new, since I feel like they will also have to address the perpetuity angle, as that issue becomes all the stranger as time goes on compared to every other device people own these days - but under Sony's current setup with PS4, this isn't realistic as a long term solution with out an infrastructure that MS have. I figure what they make next is the thing they will have to stick to and build upon

JaseC

I wanted to ask you earlier, but do you still believe that we'll see re-mastered version of Red Dead Redemption?

Yeah. Even assuming the "messy code" rumour to be true, there's too much money sitting on the table for Take-Two to ignore.

Ludens

Banned
Yeah. Even assuming the "messy code" rumour to be true, there's too much money sitting on the table for Take-Two to ignore.

I doubt a remaster will come. I mean, it's R*, they wouldn't give the greenlight to XBox One backward compatibility if a remaster was planned.
ITs the company charging 70€ for a Remaster and selling games on modern OS which don't boot without a crack (Manhunt) or don't work at all (GTAIV until they run out of GFWL keys).

JaseC

I doubt a remaster will come. I mean, it's R*, they wouldn't give the greenlight to XBox One backward compatibility if a remaster was planned.
ITs the company charging 70€ for a Remaster and selling games on modern OS which don't boot without a crack (Manhunt) or don't work at all (GTAIV until they run out of GFWL keys).

Take-Two may give R* the golden goose treatment, but at the end of the day it has final say and I doubt it's going to let hundreds of millions of dollars in potential revenue gather figurative dust.

I think MS will stick with x86 to suit Windows and push the perpetuity angle. It would be a bit surprise for Sony to move away from x86 to something completely new, since I feel like they will also have to address the perpetuity angle, as that issue becomes all the stranger as time goes on compared to every other device people own these days - but under Sony's current setup with PS4, this isn't realistic as a long term solution with out an infrastructure that MS have. I figure what they make next is the thing they will have to stick to and build upon

I can't imagine a non-x86-based PS5 going down well as many assumed that the move to x86 was done in no small part to best ensure backwards compatibility for the foreseeable future.

Tizoc

Take-Two may give R* the golden goose treatment, but at the end of the day it has final say and I doubt it's going to let hundreds of millions of dollars in potential revenue gather figurative dust.
Esp when they can sell said remaster on the ps4

Knurek

Look at Sega sitting on all those PC ports.
Look at Microsoft staying by WinStore.
Look at EA not releasing their games on Steam (even a year after Origin release).
Look at Ubisoft making Ubi Kiev port games to PC, fuckup after fuckup after fuckup.
Look at THQ and uDraw.

Game publishers are just run by morons.

yuraya

RDR is coming to PSNow soon so PC gaming community will be able to enjoy the PS3 version via streaming.

There is really no need for a remaster anymore.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
RDR is coming to PSNow soon so PC gaming community will be able to enjoy the PS3 version via streaming.

There is really no need for a remaster anymore.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Haha it's literally the worst of all worlds: the worst version, played through a streaming service (automatically shit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom