• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
I'm playing Dex and it's very good, basically a 2D Deux Ex. I'm loving it, it's really one of the best titles I played this year.

I feel you on this. I've been trying to get NZXT's CAM going and the display in game seems to have a mind of its own. I like it because the design is so SO much nicer than RivaTuner, but if it doesn't show half the time it's not really worth it.

TrKlSaC.png
Wow that looks nice. Afterburner is nice but can get hard to see the metrics. Will take a look at this.

GPD Win - Dark Souls With DSfix

Ha, how awesome is that. Portable Souls! Prepare to die for 15fps though :)
I remember getting crazy better performance in DS2 compared to DS1 on my old laptop, so you should totally try that one out too Phawx! Results might surprise us.
Not having L3/R3 on the dual sticks is a major bummer.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you buy GTA4 complete edition is it a single library entry instead of the two entries you get when you bought GTA4 and the Episodes separately way back in the day?

Grief.exe

I just watched one of Quill's videos on Rimworld, this looks like one of the deepest games I have ever seen.

GPD Win - Dark Souls With DSfix

Ha, how awesome is that. Portable Souls! Prepare to die for 15fps though :)
I remember getting crazy better performance in DS2 compared to DS1 on my old laptop, so you should totally try that one out too Phawx! Results might surprise us.
Not having L3/R3 on the dual sticks is a major bummer.

The GPU usage is hovering around 50-60%, and actually reduces when the framerate spikes down.

duppolo

did u also do what i do? im primarely a multiplayer player, sometimes i buy a single player game, but i dont often finish them, but once ins ome month i got point and click adventure fever and i play and finish only those..

rtcn63

I've had my first PC since 2013. I built my first one in 2016. Now I already want to build a third. :(

Is this a sickness, GAF?

Yes. I personally don't enjoy the process of building, too stressful. Even dropping in new PCI cards is enough to give me heart palpitations.

I just watched one of Quill's videos on Rimworld, this looks like one of the deepest games I have ever seen.

Definitely. Rimworld has some great roguelike elements, in that every session you learn to do something better.

I'm really shocked people were able to keep it a secret for so long. (I don't remember hearing a single word about it before it released on Steam.)

Jawmuncher

Beat the battlefield 1 campaign. It's short, only about 4 hours, maybe 6 if you play on hard. But it's pretty good overall for what it is. Didn't hate my time with it like Battlefield 3&4

Jalal

Beat the battlefield 1 campaign. It's short, only about 4 hours, maybe 6 if you play on hard. But it's pretty good overall for what it is. Didn't hate my time with it like Battlefield 3&4

Do you unlock anything for multiplayer like BF4's did?

I may have "encouraged" my brother to play BF4's terribad campaign for me. >.>

Aaron D.

Indeed.

Likely as close as you'll get to the deep-dive complexity of Dwarf Fortress while still managing to maintain some sense of accessibility.

Simply amazing title. Can't believe it's being developed by a single person.

Ironically, RimWorld is tied with Stephen's Sausage Roll for my personal GOTY...another one-man production.

I kind of like it too. Some of the mini campaigns are better than others and the AI is pretty lousy but otherwise they're not bad. I like that they split the campaign into self contained vignettes instead of trying to craft a single story which inevitably leads to impossibly escalating stakes and a cartoon villain at the end. I also like that they tried to maintain a respectful tone throughout the campaign. You still do action hero stuff in every mission but they deliberately avoid glorifying what was one of the most horrible wars in all of history. And of course, I might have mentioned that it's quite possibly the most beautiful game ever :p

Do you unlock anything for multiplayer like BF4's did?

I may have "encouraged" my brother to play BF4's terribad campaign for me. >.>

Nope, no unlocks tied to the single player. Thankfully.

I've had my first PC since 2013. I built my first one in 2016. Now I already want to build a third. :(

Is this a sickness, GAF?

Yes. I personally don't enjoy the process of building, too stressful. Even dropping in new PCI cards is enough to give me heart palpitations.

This is why I like doing it. It's always so frustrating but the it's such a rewarding feeling seeing a successful post, just before you get into software installation hell.

I need to score a deal on a good GSYNC monitor before I start the upgrade process again.

Tizoc

Speaking of Dragonball, DB Super is finally on Crunchyroll, gonna start watching it from Ep. 28 once it goes up in 2 weeks' time :V

Dark Souls actually had insanely fluctuating frame rates on console. I think a fairly large segment would cope with the performance just to have a portable Dark Souls game.

PS3 version was only ever that bad in Blighttown and Lost Izalith. It never ran that bad for me in even the tutorial area like shown in the vid. Never played 360 version.

Nowadays it's 60fps or bust with Durante fix. Handheld PC thingy is cool but obviously if it can't handle even an old game like DS1, then it's priced too low and should upgrade the specs and charge more imo. Is that the $299 one?

MUnited83

For you.
PS3 version was only ever that bad in Blighttown and Lost Izalith. It never ran that bad for me in even the tutorial area like shown in the vid. Never played 360 version.

Nowadays it's 60fps or bust with Durante fix. Handheld PC thingy is cool but obviously if it can't handle even an old game like DS1, then it's priced too low and should upgrade the specs and charge more imo. Is that the $299 one?

DS1 is a notoriously bad port that is very CPU intensive. Dark Souls 2 has a good chance of running rather smoothly on it.

what kinds of games are lunatic dawn? dungeon crawler

i see that two are translated fully. passage of the book and book of the future. is book of the future not on steam?

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spirit of War -- MB-69308B32CEAD9689 - Taken by Purkake4

take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom