• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I can feel the Civilization hook pulling me in.

Rome just got what was coming to them after they needlessly declared war on me. Had to save scum a few times as I worked my way through the combat mechanics, but they ended up seeding me a ton of gold and resources for peace.

Erekiddo

This is why I like doing it. It's always so frustrating but the it's such a rewarding feeling seeing a successful post, just before you get into software installation hell.

I need to score a deal on a good GSYNC monitor before I start the upgrade process again.

I like the instant gratification of seeing something built from previously nothing.

I don't enjoy the post-Windows installation patch installs. Getting stock Win 7 to the latest patch took me an entire day. An. entire. day.

dex3108

I can feel the Civilization hook pulling me in.

Rome just got what was coming to them after they needlessly declared war on me. Had to save scum a few times as I worked my way through the combat mechanics, but they ended up seeding me a ton of gold and resources for peace.

tumblr_mnj5vrstw41rvs9wso1_500.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
i also have to appreciate the work that cdpr seems to have put on witcha while i was gone

you can now toggle off the awful batman mode fisheye vfx, they redid all the interface screens, they let u compare items (i think that wasn't there before), etc.

the bigger issues with the game still remain but it's so impressive the way they've committed to improving on their already pretty good game

Just the one that gives the spiders bigger breasts.
lol

GPD Win - Dark Souls With DSfix

Ha, how awesome is that. Portable Souls! Prepare to die for 15fps though :)
I remember getting crazy better performance in DS2 compared to DS1 on my old laptop, so you should totally try that one out too Phawx! Results might surprise us.
Not having L3/R3 on the dual sticks is a major bummer.

I think the game run worse than the PS3 version for me, even with DSFix. DS2 runs like a dream in comparison.

Bastard Bonds is 50% off ($10)

Really cool, but tough as balls tactical RPG. I'm about five hours in, and it took a few re-tries of the tutorial before I got a hang of the systems. I love the sprite work, and the character creation is pretty cool too.

I'd suggest checking out the Demo, it doesn't bring your save over to the full game, sadly. But you can play a damn lot of it. Just wait for it to click (the mechanics) and the game is a blast. It's got saves and reloads, but party members (which are randomized each save based on your starting choices) can perma-die.

Backlogger

playing Grimm Dawn with the Steam Controller makes me realize I need to use this thing more. Not as good as Diablo 3 on PS4 with a gamepad, but pretty close

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Someday there will be a survival horror game about catgirl clones that have gone wild and start killing people in an amusement park in Tokyo. West Meoworld it should be called.

zkylon

zkylewd
gta5 fixed most of the issues gta4 had with like car handling and being called by idiots 24/7 but didn't fix the other critical issues of the story being absolute garbage, with social commentary that would only be deep to a 14 year old, the mission structure having barely progressed from something out of 2003, and playing the game generally not being any fun since it's still stuck in between something like a simulation and general goofiness

and the gta5 "universe" is just so boring in comparison to gta4's post 9/11 new york

crap crap crap crap

Bastard Bonds is 50% off ($10)

Really cool, but tough as balls tactical RPG. I'm about five hours in, and it took a few re-tries of the tutorial before I got a hang of the systems. I love the sprite work, and the character creation is pretty cool too.

I'd suggest checking out the Demo, it doesn't bring your save over to the full game, sadly. But you can play a damn lot of it. Just wait for it to click (the mechanics) and the game is a blast. It's got saves and reloads, but party members (which are randomized each save based on your starting choices) can perma-die.

that looks super cool

is it a roguelike?

i hope not

gta5 fixed most of the issues gta4 had with like car handling and being called by idiots 24/7 but didn't fix the other critical issues of the story being absolute garbage, with social commentary that would only be deep to a 14 year old, the mission structure having barely progressed from something out of 2003, and playing the game generally not being any fun since it's still stuck in between something like a simulation and general goofiness

and the gta5 "universe" is just so boring in comparison to gta4's post 9/11 new york

crap crap crap crap

that looks super cool

is it a roguelike?

i hope not

It's not. The only permadeath is teammates can die. But you die, you load a save. You can only save on the world map, not in dungeons. The demo is seemingly 1:1 so give it a go : o

Tenrius

I really like the discovery aspect of the Steam library in the Big Picture mode. The genre selections are nice and it also cleverly uses my actual activity.

Nzyme32

I really like the discovery aspect of the Steam library in the Big Picture mode. The genre selections are nice and it also cleverly uses my actual activity.

I await the day they apply this to the desktop client and allow genre / tag / purchase date categorisation of your own library so you can find games you own to suit your mood etc

you should have bought it when it was 75% off!

I suspect it will be in the Halloween sale

It's on the wishlist ready to buy

Bizukah

Neo Member
I await the day they apply this to the desktop client and allow genre / tag / purchase date categorisation of your own library so you can find games you own to suit your mood etc

It's so weird because Big Picture Mode has a lot going for it that you can't find in the desktop version, and yet it's still missing plenty of features (can't select which drive you're installing to, can't find partial controller support games, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom