• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
darkness_cover.jpg

So I got a new laptop. Can I just copy my steamapps folder from my computer onto a USB drive and transfer it over to my laptop so I don't have to download everything?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I got a new laptop. Can I just copy my steamapps folder from my computer onto a USB drive and transfer it over to my laptop so I don't have to download everything?

You'll also want to copy the userdata folder as it's where client settings/screenshots/some saves/some configs are saved.

derFeef

I would copy the whole Steam folder for the userdata as well. I have done that multiple times and it works fine.
edit: beaten!

Also question: I know the news feed do not show games you bought on 3rd party sites and activate on Steam. But was that always the case?

Corpekata

Banned
Can anyone with some Play Anywhere games do me a favor and try rolling back to an old Nvidia driver and report back to me if the games still work?

I reverted from the Civ/ BF 1 one to the GoW4 and none of the UWP games would launch. I'm wondering if there's sort of hangup regarding regarding reverting drivers.

derFeef

Can anyone with some Play Anywhere games do me a favor and try rolling back to an old Nvidia driver and report back to me if the games still work?

I reverted from the Civ/ BF 1 one to the GoW4 and none of the UWP games would launch. I'm wondering if there's sort of hangup regarding regarding reverting drivers.

I am still on the GoW4 one and it works fine for me.

Nillansan

Nice, these games probably have higher chance to be in the next Humble Monthly bundle since you bought them :p

I don't mind, I actually intended to buy them both when they launched (I think that Ghost 1.0 even had a 50% discount for the entirety of its launch week). I wouldn't expect them in a Humble Bundle just yet, Humble Monthly seems more likely.

Wok

I don't mind, I actually intended to buy them both when they launched (I think that Ghost 1.0 even had a 50% discount for the entirety of its launch week). I wouldn't expect them in a Humble Bundle just yet, Humble Monthly seems more likely.

It was discounted for the summer sales, so 2 weeks after the launch. I know because I bought it full price day one.

Monooboe

Any of you play Ember? I would need a savefile from someone, since all my saves are after the "point of no return" and I missed only two achivements out in the world which I would like to get so I can uninstall the game and free up space.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Circuits -- MB-6E5FC6342DAB0C31 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
LIFE IS HARD -- MB-645D63F5DB93B94E - Taken by MaxiLive
Arcane Sorcery -- MB-32A7A4801C8AA629 - Taken by rainking187

Nillansan

Ah yes, should have worded it different. Wasn't implying you did that but just stating my opinion that either, MS/Sony and Nintendo's approach, are good ways for home consoles. I share your sentiment. Ever since getting a capable PC, all I look at consoles are exclusives really and surprisingly Nintendo and Sony stand out. Xbox on the other hand, hard to justify.

Got you. I am actually really tempted to get myself a 3DS, I really want to check out the Fire Emblem games. Overall it seems like it's the device with the strongest and most diverse library out of all the consoles.

So, i've been away for several weeks from this thread, and NeoGAF in general due to being extremely busy with work, but now i'm back, and i bring Neps (and Blancs, in this case)!

I am not going to join in on the give away, but that's a nice gesture.

duppolo

IM in europe, can i buy on nuuvem, maybe with vpn? one years ago i bought, but now under every game i see not avaible in europe, also if it should be region free

JaseC

IM in europe, can i buy on nuuvem, maybe with vpn? one years ago i bought, but now under every game i see not avaible in europe, also if it should be region free

Depends on the game. Many will throw back an error if you try to complete a purchase with a payment method not based in South America.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You know how sometimes you randomly install a game you've had for awhile because the download is tiny and you don't feel like diving back into something big? In that spirit: SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition

Its soundtrack kicks ass.

Retro and digitally chunky, reminds me a bit of Undertale. The game itself is as bit like that in so much as the "visuals" are deliberately old school (in that they're ASCII based) and tonally it's not taking itself too seriously. Much bigger focus on stat driven turn based battles and random loot over exploration and character interactions though.

A quick look through the forums to find out why the achievements don't work reveals that the devs were apparently all fired so the owner could be a publisher instead. So that's funny.

But yeah, give that soundtrack a listen. Download the piano collections if you got the game in a bundle.

Deques

I tried to buy a game last week using VPN and it didn't work for me. It ended with me not buying the game

duppolo

Depends on the game. Many will throw back an error if you try to complete a purchase with a payment method not based in South America.

also one year ago i have this problem, but now all the game i see are decribed as not avaible in europe...is this true?

JaseC

also one year ago i have this problem, but now all the game i see are decribed as not avaible in europe...is this true?

A game being unavailable to purchase isn't by itself in indicator that it's region-locked, if that's what you're asking.

duppolo

the things is i got a banner that now nuuvem allow payment in us dollar in my region, but under all the game it is a description that is saying they are not avaible in europe

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NOT A HERO -- MB-093727BC51899709 - Taken by fenners. 2 entrants total.

t1477399000z1.png

Suddenly the white theme is forced?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Veteran Combat -- MB-0847BEB5F18B9061 - Taken by Jawmuncher

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-43808BBF590CFBAC - Taken by sixteen-bit. 28 entrants total.

t1477443863z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom