• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Playing it stealth isn't as fun, plus it's hit or miss whether you're actually counted as ghosting a section. Hacking is always good to invest in early on though (skill points are not an issue in the game).

If I ever re-install MK, I'm a go full shotty to the face.

ezodagrom

Ghostlight is working on a console to PC port for another publisher, they haven't mentioned which publisher it is, but, I wonder, what are the odds of it being SEGA...
SEGA Europe is usually in charge of the PC ports after all, so it's not impossible.

If it turns out to be for SEGA, that would be nice, since Ghostlight ports are usually pretty decent, but, who knows which publisher they're really making a port for.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Airscape -- MB-09A88568FEA7BFBA - Taken by Diedac

Playing it stealth isn't as fun, plus it's hit or miss whether you're actually counted as ghosting a section. Hacking is always good to invest in early on though (skill points are not an issue in the game).

If I ever re-install MK, I'm a go full shotty to the face.

If you say so. Stealth was amazing :3

Aaron D.

Got a couple hours into Farming Simulator 17 and feel like it's better than I was anticipating.

Systems feel more fleshed out (both in-game and under the hood) and the presentation is simply golden (so much TLC put into the vehicle modeling).

Color me impressed.

Playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided with the steam controller is kinda weird. I'm definitely aiming worse than I would on a regular pad. It tips to making it better?

I could never get aiming in an FPS until I tried id's setup for DOOM. It was like a revelation to me it the controller suddleny seemed viable. Maybe take a look at it if you have DOOM and if you like it make it into a template.

zkylon

zkylewd
just read that ladykiller in a bind wasn't allowed on steam cos of its sexual content

the double standards of allowing sakura and hatred and other garbage (not to mention all the 100% shovelware) while blocking an actual videogame that doesn't treat sex as a questline reward is pretty dumb

i'm sure it's not valve being backwards but valve being slow but it'd be nice if gaben showed up for this game the same way he showed up for fucking hatred lol

PaulSane

So, i've been away for several weeks from this thread, and NeoGAF in general due to being extremely busy with work, but now i'm back, and i bring Neps (and Blancs, in this case)!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-43808BBF590CFBAC - Taken by sixteen-bit. 28 entrants total.

t1477443863z1.png

I'd also like to give a shoutout to the wonderful people at Idea Factory International - not only do they have some very reasonable prices and discounts on their Steam games, and said games being very good ports with some effort put into them, but they also apparently do some stuff i've personally never expected even from them.

I was beta-testing this game, and i got to keep the game after beta ended - that's a pretty common occurance. What i didn't expect is to get another key for this game as a token of thanks for partisipating in the test - and i didn't even submit a single bug report! (There was nothing to submit after 30+ hours of play though, so that's understandable :p)

So i decided to at least give something in return - that something being giving them just a little bit more publicity by making this giveaway post. I also think it's important to do so when companies do something good for their customers when they aren't obliged to, and aren't even expected to.

Jawmuncher

I could never get aiming in an FPS until I tried id's setup for DOOM. It was like a revelation to me it the controller suddleny seemed viable. Maybe take a look at it if you have DOOM and if you like it make it into a template.

Don't have doom, but I think I can still check the template

It's from a non-final PS4 build but yeah, at this high bitrate it's much more visible than on Youtbe. Kinda looks like dithering in some spots.

Eila

Didn't ghostlight already try to get Altus stuff for a port and weren't able to?

Yeah. Ross posts here sometimes, and I heard on an interview without being too specific they have tried to push for Atlus stuff but it just didn't happen.
I have a hunch they might be trying to get Trails of Cold Steel on PC but I don't actually have anything to back it up, except he sounded incredibly excited at the possibility of a certain port.
Here's the interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vNh9rCJ7Zw

Parsnip

I haven't played Dark Souls 3 since May so I'm not sure how old this is, but I just booted up the game and my Steam Controller config no longer works. I had the right trackpad set up as a mouse that would lock on to enemies when clicked in. Now all it does is recenter the camera. Very annoying.

I assume you tried to configure that again?
They've made a lot of changes to steam controller stuff since May for sure, wouldn't surprise me if something changed along the way that broke the config.

i love how gmg went right for the stranger things font

that's such a cheap look lol
ITC Benguiat is so easily recognizable and available so why not I guess.

illusionary

Ghost 1.0 is 50% off on Steam for 48 hours. It is among the best games that I have finished this year. Made by the creator of Unepic.

Seconded. I picked up the game in the summer sale and thoroughly enjoyed - it's an excellent action-focused light-Metroidvania.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yo Jase, wonder if you can shed any light on this but Lollipop Chainsaw was published by WB back in the PS360 era; do they still hold licensing or publishing rights?

Probably, as the game released less than four-and-a-half years ago, but there may be another issue in that although Grasshopper owns the game, it doesn't own the IP -- Kadokawa does.

Grief.exe

Hopefully Rimworld gets a discount during the Halloween sale period. I'm already close to pulling the trigger.

Doesn't necessarily seem like a horror game, but it's an outside possibility.

Sarcasm

Hopefully Rimworld gets a discount during the Halloween sale period. I'm already close to pulling the trigger.

Doesn't necessarily seem like a horror game, but it's an outside possibility.

Just buy it. Do it. You will then spend a good chunk of time playing it, so moneys worth right there.

Tizoc

Probably, as the game released less than four-and-a-half years ago, but there may be another issue in that although Grasshopper owns the game, it doesn't own the IP -- Kadokawa does.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Course then there'd be the voice acting issue :p

Sega needs to assert itself as the parent company and just handball Atlus' stuff to a porting studio.

SEGA Japan couldn't care less alas.
I mean SMT1 at least would be a safe testing ground as that game has a few similarities to ye olde RPGs of the 80s.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Interesting, thanks for the info. Course then there'd be the voice acting issue :p

Perhaps with regard to Japanese audio, but video game voice acting in the west is just standard contract work -- you record a line and the publisher can use it in perpetuity. Western voice actors don't even receive residuals, which is a large component of the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom