• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

In case you're not aware, the Halloween Sale is different to the other sales of the year in that only games that fit the theme in some way are discounted.

Yep! I've been through a couple of these. There's a few horror games I've specifically waited on.

Parsnip

It's a very good game. It's just the worst Souls game by far. I don't know why people try to downplay the glaring issues of DS2 all of a sudden. You can put all the points you want into ADP, the roll will never be as good as in Demons/Dark/Dark3/Bloodborne. That's a huge issue.
It's a welcome change, usually people just downplay the glaring issues of DkS1.

That's what I've been saying since last year :V
That's what I've been playing since last year :V

Literally. I started sometime in December 2015. :p

bjaelke

CU2AqiX.png

Unai

Right about what?

I like DS2, but most of the areas are short, gimmicky, and extremely linear.

DS2 is open in the sense that you can choose the areas you want to go first, but DS3 has more open areas that only can be accessed in a linear fashion for the most part.

redlacs

yeey for hocus! it just got cards and achievements treatment. i also discovered that 35 new levels and level editor were added since i last played it. check it out if you like puzzle games.

86586_1470374928_0_234_416.gif
hocus.png

alternatively, you can try Evo Explores. same concept but with couple extra features such as level rotation, elevators, twisters and more. yet somehow still designed NOT to give you a headache.
i particularly enjoyed the clever design where some levels work in stages. as in, once you think you solved the level, something changes, different door openes and you are presented with another puzzle on the same map that requires different approach.

Parsnip

alternatively, you can try Evo Explores. same concept but with couple extra features such as level rotation, elevators, twisters and more. yet somehow still designed NOT to give you a headache.
i particularly enjoyed the clever design when some levels worked in stages. as in, once you think you solved the level, something changes, different door openes and you are presented with another puzzle on the same map that requires different approach.

I still can't get over just how blatant Monument Valley rip this is.
They say they were "inspired" by it, that's one way to put it I guess.

Wok

That noodle simulator looks amazing. No idea how the gameplay is even possible.

Edit: "Developed in Unreal Engine 4, Snake Pass is the very first original title to be developed and published by the acclaimed UK-based developers, Sumo Digital (Dead Island 2, Crackdown 3, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed). "

yeey for hocus! it just got cards and achievements treatment. i also discovered that 35 new levels and level editor were added since i last played it. check it out if you like puzzle games.

[IMGhttp://static-images.app-liv.jp/v1/r/articles/53311/86586_1470374928_0_234_416.gif[/IMG] [IMGhttp://s13.postimg.org/cthqk4p6v/hocus.png[/IMG]

i particularly enjoyed the clever design when some levels worked in stages. as in, once you think you solved the level, something changes, different door openes and you are presented with another puzzle on the same map that requires different approach.

[IMGhttp://www.blackberryrc.com/uploads/allimg/151221/2-151221140S0333.jpg[/IMG]

Have you played Monument Valley? That's also a great exploration game involving Escher-inspired puzzles. I believe it's only on mobile though.

I still can't get over just how blatant Monument Valley rip this is.
They say they were "inspired" by it, that's one way to put it I guess.

Yea I just watched those YT vids and I'd have to agree with you. It's a shame.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
feels good to be in the winning team steamgaf

fkiudg.gif

anyway looks like the preload of Skyrim went bigger, what time will it launch? Are regular Skyrim mods compatible?

I've seen more people say its the weakest of the series with a "best pvp" sprinkled here and there. I would say it's cool to hate it.

People saying it's the weakest of the series doesn't necessarily mean they hate it. Dark Souls is considered to be a great series overall so DS2 can still be a good to great game when compared with other titles outside the series.

Plesiades

"Developed in Unreal Engine 4, Snake Pass is the very first original title to be developed and published by the acclaimed UK-based developers, Sumo Digital (Dead Island 2, Crackdown 3, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed). "

So Dead Island 2 is still alive... and they are working on Crackdown 3?

madjoki

Figured as much since it's not getting fixed. Thanks for confirming.

Funny though, since the discount goes from either 75% off or 85% off when you refresh the page.

I guess that it didn't apply base discount of 10% sometimes. (It's common on steam to sales flip on-off just when started, probably due to bad caching on some servers)

You can get loyalty discount by buying 2016 & 2017 together too. Comes to 26€ vs 36€ for just 2017.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can get loyalty discount by buying 2016 & 2017 together too. Comes to 26€ vs 36€ for just 2017.

On a related note, 2016 will likely be pulled in the very near future (all previous releases were replaced with their newer counterpart).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom