• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of games with online multiplayer mode have multipayler only dlc Like Battlefield BC2.
This has been the case for years.

I don't think he's being serious.

Unfortunately the multiplayer is pretty dead these days besides a handful of hardcore fans and hackers so there really is very little point to getting any of it unless you just want the +1 to your dlc count.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For JaseC or someone into the steam registry: is there a way to check if MGSV Definitive Experience is a separate app or something in addition to the current MGS entry? To know if maybe there's a free/paid upgrade option.

I found this:
https://steamdb.info/sub/74452/

but I think it's another thing, considering is almost one year old.

That's just a GZ + TPP bundle. It's easy to tell if something is a different app as you can just search the name and see if there duplicate entries (e.g. there are two public versions of Dishonored). There are rare exceptions, though, such as The Witcher 3 GOTY, which, despite months of activity, didn't end up being used for the GOTY Edition release after all.

Tenrius

I tried a coop mission in AC: Unity and it was such a waste of time. It was a two-man mission and me & my random ally just kept dying. The mission objectives were pretty dumb too, but at least it had a pretty cool intro cutscene.

The game in general leaves me with very mixed feelings. On one hand, it's beautiful and some of the missions are sorta fun? On the other, it's an AC game with a full spectrum of hereditary flaws.

One of my biggest gripes is the story, actually. Specifically its integration with historical events. The game never really expalins what's going on and why outside of its own politics and mythos. History is always just a very distant backdrop. We see the king giving a speech at the parliament, but we never really learn much more abou that presumably important event — it's all about Arno sneaking in to meet his friend. And then the Storming of the Bastille is used solely as a pretense to get him out of jail — and NOTHING is explained about the revolution, the state of the monarchy or anything else (and there is a big time skip almost immediately after that which, again, doesn't explain all the ongoing changes).

Accoun

Welp...

Ct_BWp3VUAEEXvR.jpg

It's been reopened now, though.

JaseC

That's amusing. It reminds me of when Darkspore's servers went down and EA hadn't commented after a few days, compelling a mod on Maxis' forums to put up a notice stating in no uncertain terms that the game has been abandoned, which was later pulled and replaced with an actual announcement from Maxis itself reassuring everyone that the game was still being supported. I think said mod was demoted, too, in a harsh reminder that being a community mod doesn't make you an employee.

Congrats. I imagine you feel empty now. What will you be able to play after Spelunky?
So true. But on the flip-side I thoroughly do enjoy no longer seeing Spelunky the moment I close my eyes - yes, even while blinking.
Congrats. I've gotten back into Spelunky doing the daily runs, don't think I've got past the Jungle yet
Still a lot of things to do
L8b558x.png
Well done Fresh Veggie. Now try to do a Low Scorer run to really break your spirit.
Thanks all. Pretty proud I'm now part of the small elite of Hell runners ( ^_^)/

Entire Gang and Seen It All I'll probably do. Meat Boy only locked character and in Journal only thing left is Worm, Vlad, his Cape and the Red Stone.

Low Scorer though..... I like a challenge but I'm no sadist! :p
grats, now to entertain the life of dailies and eggplant runs
Just learned about eggplant runs from you.... shiiiiiiiiiiiet.
Someone gift me and veggie TowerClimb as the next pinnacle of my life. rofl

Dang it looks awesome.

Tizoc

15ish hours into Mad Max and have just begun the 2nd Warlord's area.
I feel like I've seen everything there is for the game to offer :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
...and here's the top post.

8Yhv1dV.png

I hope they shut it down again.

At some point people are going to need to stop and evaluate whether it's worth expending this much energy on a mediocre-to-poor videogame.

Use this experience and fucking grow from it.

Hektor

At some point people are going to need to stop and evaluate whether it's worth expending this much energy on a mediocre-to-poor videogame.

If Tizoc has fun with mad max then let him play and don't be so rude.

Pixieking

Banned
New Rob Fearon piece, about that PC Gamer/Early Access article.
The piece opens declaring that, and I quote, “Valve does not have formal penalties for developers who violate the rules of Early Access, according to a document obtained by PC Gamer”. Except they do. They absolutely do. Your entire storefront on Steam is at the whim of Valve at all times, if they find out you are going against their wishes, they will take action.

chronomac

But what if they are though?

1. They aren't. 2. There is no top secret collusion 3. It's a whole bunch of hand-wringing over one motherfucking video game.

There are hundreds of games released every year, just on Steam. They need to find another one and, you know, have some fun for once.

I mean, really.

Jawmuncher

1. They aren't. 2. There is no top secret collusion 3. It's a whole bunch of hand-wringing over one motherfucking video game.

There are hundreds of games released every year, just on Steam. They need to find another one and, you know, have some fun for once.

I mean, really.

lol I know. It's pretty ridiculous all around

rdytoroll

Wanted to buy Mafia 3 on GMG right now and after I put it in my cart, the price went up from 39€ to 49€. I'm logged in and the game shows up under VIP, but the VIP price is gone. Has the sale ended?

Xanathus

15ish hours into Mad Max and have just begun the 2nd Warlord's area.
I feel like I've seen everything there is for the game to offer :p

It has the same problem as Just Cause 3 which was also by Avalanche which is that there is actually not much unique content and they pad the fuck out of the game with Ubisoft collectible events and repeated side missions.

MUnited83

For you.
It has the same problem as Just Cause 3 which was also by Avalanche which is that there is actually not much unique content and they pad the fuck out of the game with Ubisoft collectible events and repeated side missions.

Heh, I love how detailed the world is, all the crazy differents outposts and places, the great car combat and so on.

Still the best designed wasteland in a videogame ever.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Basement (film) -- MB-CFA4BE00D7F0E598 - Taken by Ludens
Apartment 666 -- MB-BCD35EA12A01E079 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Frederic: Resurrection of Music - Director's Cut -- MB-C51295C53E17A63A - Taken by Ucchedavāda
Morningstar: Descent to Deadlock -- MB-7F49EFEE96853A58 - Taken by Sammichu
Teddy Floppy Ear: Kayaking -- MB-68A89491D833FFCD - Taken by ExoSoul
16-bit Trader -- MB-250CA1C558775A38
Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-7DB5EE0D6F085235 - Taken by bloke
Millie -- MB-2936729E3A9FB070 - Taken by Vuze
Teddy Floppy Ear: Mountain Adventure -- MB-A6465C140FC015B7 - Taken by ExoSoul
The Charnel House Trilogy -- MB-1C14734D95D6CC10 - Taken by voodooray
The Bloc (film) -- MB-770582D3B65C07D4 - Taken by rainking187
Iesabel -- MB-E02B891D8A007C72
The Cain Complex (film) -- MB-96E719EC8D5DC0C6 - Taken by SSPssp
Whispers -- MB-F84E8A68904883AB - Taken by Eila
Hyperdrive Massacre -- MB-CA73CD5EAB00A864 - Taken by Henry Swanson