• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
out of pillars, divinity, and wasteland 2, which is the "best"

i remember reading that wasteland is pretty rough, but that may be pre patch?

I'd like to play all 3 eventually but I have to come to terms with the fact that I'll never find the time. W2 is the most appealing to me because I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic settings but I think Divinity usually "wins" this debate, at least when it comes to gameplay.

Edit: god, these mobile ads are so fucking annoying.

Ahahaha, AHAHAHAHA, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!

Finished a Hell run, once and it only took me 128 hours.

What a beast of a game.
Congrats Veggie! That's one of the true feats in modern games.
Did MKXL get renamed back to MKX while I was asleep?

Random bit of news. If you just got Twitch Prime as a part of your regular Prime subscription, you can get a free copy of Nuclear Throne by subscribing to the Vlambeer Twitch channel with your monthly token and then linking your Twitch account on the Nuclear Throne website.
I wish I knew about this before now, because I already threw mine to Idle Thumbs. Hopefully they will offer this for at least one month more. Does anyone know how the money works out for a twitch sub to get a key? No cut to Valve in that case.

extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-51B753E283611EAE - Taken by Kudo

Teppic

Happy birthday jshackles, and thanks for the giveaway. Pay it forward. Interesting. It's been a while since we had one of those.

Phinor

You'll get four types of answers. One for each game, and a fourth option to buy all of them (though start with one, they are all time consuming games). They are all great games within basically the same genre, yet they are quite different from each other. I'd have a hard time ranking them, or at least my ranking might change every week depending on my mood. Right now I'd go Divinity > Pillars > Wasteland 2 because right this moment I remember Divinity combat being the best. Next week I might prefer story and go for Pillars, and yet on another week I would go for Wasteland 2.

Cth

Happy Birthday jshackles!

As an aside, did anyone have any impressions from Elegy for a Dead World? Apparently, I missed the bundle that had it in it recently. I've been waiting for it to drop in price for a while now.

Uzzy

Divinity has some of the best combat ever seen in a turn based RPG, but it's story is utter trash. Pillars has really good RTWP combat and a really good story, with some stand out characters written by the dreamy Chris Avellone. Wasteland 2 I've not played.

So Pillars > Divinity > Wasteland 2

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
is there some sort of bundle w/ spec ops floating around?

i have avoided spoilers for this game for like... 10 years and now that i have a pc en route i want to play it asap

Heh. Click on the information dot to the right of the meter.

That's just... wow.

I wish I knew about this before now, because I already threw mine to Idle Thumbs. Hopefully they will offer this for at least one month more. Does anyone know how the money works out for a twitch sub to get a key? No cut to Valve in that case.

I just found out about it today, but my understanding is that they've been 'selling' the game by proxy of a Twitch subscription for a long time now. Well before this Twitch Prime business happened. I think the offer will be around when we get next month's token too.

Also, happy birthday JS! Have a good one.

neoemonk

Been meaning to post some keys for a while:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neoemonk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space -- MB-4844B61EC8479D0D - Taken by Kagemusha. 2 entrants total.

t1475687793z1.png

MadGear

I just gave DoA5 Core Fighters a try. The game is still very enjoyable but it is disappointing that they never added an option to play your friends (otherwise I would have bought the game long ago). The online mode is absolutely dead (at least in Europe) and for some reason I'm unable to get matched with a friend despite both of us looking for a match at the exact same time.
I might still pick up the full game if it will ever receive a decent discount, but without a online multiplayer those games aren't worth much to me anymore.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-E5628F2778EB28CD - Taken by Catshade. 13 entrants total.

t1475773577z1.png

happy birthday man!

ModBot said:
Instructions for laserlaser:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-732B6FB05E1370E3 - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.

t1475687984z1.png

Teppic

A game.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

TIS-100 -- MB-4DDC5E7B330931CB - Taken by Shalashaska. 5 entrants total.

t1475688492z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-75D014CF28DC9CC3 - Taken by Ibuki

Tizoc

oh that explains it

I guess I don't play enough of those games :<

so you guys say Fall is still worth playing then? I already am set for War and the PG game, but Fall is the one that's hanging.

Get it. Although if you want check IsThereAnyDeal.com first to see when it is cheaper on other sites like Gamesplanet etc.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy birthday Jason!

Love,
r3n4ud

Happy Birthday Oldie Hawn

Happy b-day mate!

Happy Birthday :) Have a great day and thank you for the gives!

Happy birthday!

Thanks for all the great work you do!

Happy birthday JShaq

Happy Birthday!!!!! (Must....resist....posting anime birthday gif.....)

Anime birthday GIF

Happy birthday!

Tempted to take my chance on Grow Up, but don't know if I should since I also am pretty bad at "growing up".:D

Happy birthday maaan! Hope you have a great time today, and thanks for everything you've done for us with your amazing developments!

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

I'm also gonna try my luck at Grow Up. Clever birthday giveaway.

Happy Birthday jshackles, hopefully you have a great one!

And cheers all for the giveaways.

happy birthday dude!

Happy birthday jshackles, and thanks for the giveaway. Pay it forward. Interesting. It's been a while since we had one of those.

Happy birthday jshackles !

Happy Birthday! It's yer birthday, and you can... give games away if you want to? :D

Happy birthday Jshackles :D

Happy Birthday jshackles

Also, happy birthday JS! Have a good one.

and happy birthday JS!

happy birthday man!

Happy Birthday J!

Thanks for everything you do.

Giveaway chain reaction going on up in here.

Happy Birthday jshackles! Have a good one.

Thanks everyone! Great to see the love of gaming and giveaways spreading in here, that's honestly all I could have hoped for for my birthday. Keep being awesome everyone. Wish I had more time for gaming today, but I have an important job interview to get to so I won't be around when that timer on my giveaway kicks off - so congrats in advance to the winners!

Annubis

Thanks everyone! Great to see the love of gaming and giveaways spreading in here, that's honestly all I could have hoped for for my birthday. Keep being awesome everyone. Wish I had more time for gaming today, but I have an important job interview to get to so I won't be around when that timer on my giveaway kicks off - so congrats in advance to the winners!

Happy Birthday and hope you get the job.

Happy birthday, jshackles.

Question for the spelunky die-hards: Do you care about getting the alien gun? Cause I try to get it every run, but I'm not sure that's the proper risk/reward thing to do. You can't take it with you to hell (if I'm correct?), but the fourth world and olmec are a lot easier and more profitable with it.

Wok

Happy birthday, js. I thought you already had a birthday recently. Time flies.

Happy birthday, jshackles.

Question for the spelunky die-hards: Do you care about getting the alien gun? Cause I try to get it every run, but I'm not sure that's the proper risk/reward thing to do. You can't take it with you to hell (if I'm correct?), but the fourth world and olmec are a lot easier and more profitable with it.

Personally, all I care is the jetpack and a shotgun. Also sticky bombs and the baseball glove are good stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting ready to head out to my interview, with a hidden secret weapon

Thanks everyone for the birthday well-wishes!

Ascheroth

Shamelessly trying to Grow Up ;)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-1B020C67FA039EEE - Taken by sixteen-bit. 2 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-C3102B7F94D747D4 - Taken by Drayco21. 4 entrants total.

t1475689867z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom