• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MafiaIIIRally.gif
Holy shit. 😯

Lain

Cleaning out my (Gala) closet:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back -- MB-22427E29FE83CCF4 - Taken by Lomax
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-C29FDF5D8C75124A - Taken by voodooray
Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres -- MB-7867EFC5324D7057 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Iesabel -- MB-7978E370ACD7078F - Taken by Wok
Sparkle 3: Genesis -- MB-1DBED1C0A7CF8AF2 - Taken by KenOD
Sparkle 2: Evo -- MB-D9CFC5258C1C1AE1 - Taken by Goldensun_it
Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-B262A459886C3CBF - Taken by alr1ght
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-2610A1962206960D - Taken by Eila
Frederic: Resurrection of Music Director's Cut -- MB-2D2CEC9B7AF06BA0 - Taken by darkchewie
Timberman -- MB-B0B83C43609C4B50 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-1592092759892B04 - Taken by septicore
Millie -- MB-A222103BB7DE2619 - Taken by Belgarion
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-613EDAF54FCCDB33 - Taken by texhnolyze
Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-E2C975699ECD8772 - Taken by gurm3n
Violett: Soundtrack Edition -- MB-3B207C35953D4010 - Taken by Mavromatis
Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma -- MB-914B4A139F60B831 - Taken by Purkake4

Adnor

Banned
Put C4 in a car, drive the car to the KKK Southern Union meeting, jump at the last second, explode the C4 and shoot everything that is still alive.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I asked this before but I am stupid and forget the answer: Do games that say "This Game Requires a VR Headset" actually require a VR headset? A lot of them seem like they've play fine without them, and unlike Oculus, a third party dev has no incentive to exclude people who want to play the game but don't have a headset unless the game design actually requires one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The cliffhanger ending (not the best ending) of DR2 is actually the canon one, so Case West is the actual end to the story. It does not tie into Off the Record, since OTR is not canon.

You have Chuck and Frank teaming up at all times, and if you're playing alone you get AI-controlled Frank. Basically you get to run around a very different kind of setting, fight new enemies, and make new combo weapons. And you start at level 40 so you can do some fun stuff right away.

Eh, outside of the pharmaceutical company, I didn't really see a cliff hanger?

Salsa

Why is your GPU at 70 degrees running something at half GPU usage? Does it just idle that high?

Also what GPU do you have?

it's the OC and a pretty silent fan profile, has never been an issue in years but I go with it or default depending on the game

I have a 2gig 680

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Please, my dick can only get so hard.

whitney_receipts_serving_cinema.gif

I think I asked this before but I am stupid and forget the answer: Do games that say "This Game Requires a VR Headset" actually require a VR headset? A lot of them seem like they've play fine without them, and unlike Oculus, a third party dev has no incentive to exclude people who want to play the game but don't have a headset unless the game design actually requires one.

I think some actually dont require the VR Headset despite saying so but the warning is there in case if some VR games are VR Only in terms of functionality I suppose.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Phawx

For the most part, I'm going to say they will work fine without a VR headset. I've had a few games that were not advertised as VR and because it detected my DK2, started up VR mode.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I know that a game that says it requires a headset but also has controller support will usually not actually require a head-set, but I do know this depends on game to game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-E5628F2778EB28CD - Taken by Catshade. 13 entrants total.

t1475773577z1.png

neonglow

Here are some racing games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GT Legends -- MB-AE188B9921097611 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
OutDrive -- MB-705637219E1E3DA2 - Taken by Ryne. 3 entrants total.

t1475732943z1.png

fantomena

Played CoD4 Remastered campaign a bit.

Holy shit. Might be the best remastered Ive ever played. I gotta really call it a remake.

If it's a cash grab, it's the best cash grab.

Played CoD4 Remastered campaign a bit.

Holy shit. Might be the best remastered Ive ever played. I gotta really call it a remake.

If it's a cash grab, it's the best cash grab.
Can't be better than Resident Evil but I'm glad to hear it's good.

I look forward to never buying it because Activision prices.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of kagamin, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-9FCC7D0A3DCBACFD - Taken by Snakethesniper. 36 entrants total.

t1475783008z1.png

giphy.gif

^^everyone was fine! One guy got a cut on his leg.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Zero Gear -- MB-6E7DC1C5464EC812 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Oniken -- MB-B31E664BFD1FBD4E - Taken by Mikurden
Monster Truck Destruction -- MB-DB03DD4674529C4E - Taken by dave is ok
Switch Galaxy Ultra -- MB-186AB33B8710201F - Taken by texhnolyze
Insane 2 -- MB-BC9FBD0805D4C42E - Taken by shockdude
Vangers -- MB-778404C3921631C9 - Taken by rainking187
Necromonads -- MB-01EF0DC14BFB6494 - Taken by MaxiLive
OutDrive -- MB-D95810280F2268FA - Taken by Hakkelus

Those GT Legends keys must be old, it was in the form XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX instead of the standard 5x3.

Some of the rarest achievements on my Steam account are from Zero Gear... a game I don't own... I played it during a free weekend several years ago.

Hop to it, SteamGAF. (And keep in mind that ZG has had dead multiplayer since before the free weekend.)
Ehm, is there a way to cheat the last fight in Baldurs Gate? I'm playing on easy and I just want it to be over.XD

For the EE? This page should help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never done that before so no idea how to do it

IIRC, you have to switch to e-mail-based Steam Guard in order for the IP change to properly take effect since loading the mobile app gets in the way of things. Then it's just a matter of installing a VPN (FlyVPN or VyprVPN's free trials come to mind, but be wary of the 20-minute session/500MB monthly download limit, respectively), connecting to an AU or NZ server, and restarting Steam.

Also, a reminder that Valve buggered Steam's countdown timer by adding "In less than an hour" into the mix instead of replacing "In approximately one hour", so the game actually unlocks in AU/NZ in roughly 7h40m, not 6h40m as you'd expect.

MaxiLive

More racing keys:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GT Legends -- MB-55483FC5E304C4E5 - Taken by bloke. 5 entrants total.
Zero Gear -- MB-0E8854649D5CE9F5 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Vangers -- MB-4251B3850C3183C6 - Taken by Drakhyrr. 1 entrants total.
Monster truck Destruction -- MB-2E7467807C9F79FF - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.

t1475752789z1.png

dfbhqbzroiefwbnvt0cl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom