• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
header.jpg

Endless Space 2 enters early access tomorrow and they posted the system requirements:

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is the big day! Endless Space 2 will be available on Steam Early Access at 7pm (CEST - Paris time).

We've updated the minimum requirements on the Steam store page, so feel free to have a look to make sure your PC can run it. Here they are anyway:

Minimum:
  • Processor: i3 4th generation / i5 2nd generation / A6 series
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon 5800 series / NVidia 550Ti
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 8 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DX11 compatible
  • Additional Notes: Minimum Resolution: 1280 x 720

Recommended:
  • Processor: i3 5th generation (or newer) / i5 3rd generation (or newer) / FX4170 (or newer)
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon 8000 series or newer / NVidia GTX 660 or newer
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 8 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DX11 compatible
  • Additional Notes: Recommended Resolution: 1920 x 1080

About the price:

Also, you will be able to choose from two editions of Endless Space 2:
  • The Standard Edition available at $39,99 / £34,99 / € 39,99, with a 25% discount ($29,99 / £26,24 / € 29,99)
  • The Deluxe Digital Edition available at $49,99 / £44,99 / € 49,99, also with a 25% discount ($37,49 / £33,74 / € 37,49), which contains the digital soundtrack by FlybyNo and cosmetic in-game bonuses inspired by the Pathfinders of the Academy.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

FLASHOUT 2 -- MB-BA52CDACD07B01F5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
NaissanceE -- MB-2391A0C2CC6061DA - Taken by dimmer
Loot Hero DX -- MB-736053E024910FB0 - Taken by illusionary

Teppic

Deja Vu. Also thank jshackles if you win.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider -- MB-B36A0668256F9D13 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.

t1475707989z1.png

Blu(e)

Cally's Caves 3 is pretty fun and its $1.39 now. It has been 99 cents before but its pretty fun so I think it will be fine for that price. Spent 2 hours on it today.

Let me quote this post because Vazra is totally right, Cally's Caves is good fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blu(e), not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cally's Caves 3 -- MB-97FAB91DB9B4E115 - Taken by gurm3n. 7 entrants total.

t1475719138z1.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
anime
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Read Only Memories -- MB-2FBA96F5CB7F5F15 - Taken by shockdude

Lain

I just noticed I can't use or or or or to search my library on the Steam client, which made quickly searching to see if I owned Dsir impossible (copy/pasting ended as Dsir on the Steam client search bar). I wonder what's wrong.

Ah well.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Desire -- MB-35ACE75445C629D3 - Taken by Nzyme32. 4 entrants total.

t1475711311z1.png

Even modbot shat the bed with that title. Game is this one

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just noticed I can't use è or é or à or ù or ò to search my library on the Steam client, which made quickly searching to see if I owned Désiré impossible (copy/pasting ended as Dsir on the Steam client search bar). I wonder what's wrong.

I remember you gifted me a copy of May's Mysteries a long time ago. I remember this because it's not May's Mysteries. It's May’s Mysteries. Catch the difference? In case you didn't, the latter uses a "smart" apostrophe, rather than a regular apostrophe. Steam client won't accept a copy-pasted smart apostrophe and won't show the game if you just type May's. The website will, but not the client.

I posted in the Steam forum for the game in December 2014, and then bumped January 2016. No response, no actions. No one has posted on the game's forum since. I'll bump it again in January or February 2017. Clearly an abandoned game.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/327650/discussions/0/619574421589174731/

Parsnip

So many birthdays, so little time.
Happy birthday to everyone!

Some of the Paint it Back master paintings are quite something. I should try and not paint too many in a row, at some point I just end up staring them not seeing the solution even when it's obvious.

What are your rec's for games that are short to knock out, just to boost my games completed for the year?

My Far Cry's take up to much time.

Backlogger

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

GT Legends -- MB-A83E367A31D2A7F6 - Taken by illusionary

Mafia III's Steam page has now changed the countdown clock to the Midnight Eastern release time their Twitter account said earlier...so that's good

was worried it would be another consoles unlock at Midnight, PC unlocks at 1 PM situation again

Lunaniem

Mafia III's Steam page has now changed the countdown clock to the Midnight Eastern release time their Twitter account said earlier...so that's good

was worried it would be another consoles unlock at Midnight, PC unlocks at 1 PM situation again

It also has a early New Zealand release tomorrow morning if you want to go the VPN route.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game -- MB-5E4061ADC9825F6D - Taken by Kagemusha
It's got cards

Jawmuncher

I remember you gifted me a copy of May's Mysteries a long time ago. I remember this because it's not May's Mysteries. It's May’s Mysteries. Catch the difference? In case you didn't, the latter uses a "smart" apostrophe, rather than a regular apostrophe. Steam client won't accept a copy-pasted smart apostrophe and won't show the game if you just type May's. The website will, but not the client.

I posted in the Steam forum for the game in December 2014, and then bumped January 2016. No response, no actions. No one has posted on the game's forum since. I'll bump it again in January or February 2017. Clearly an abandoned game.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/327650/discussions/0/619574421589174731/

I always find abandoned games to be the oddest thing.
You more or less have the game sitting on steam's servers, and no one who will even take a peek at anything the forum posts. You would think someone responsible for getting the game on steam would pop their head in there once in awhile.

Corpekata

Banned
I have unbearable stuttering on Oxenfree

what gives

If you have a high refresh monitor double check what refresh/fps it's running at, some games are weird and will like launch at 24 fps caps. Unity games on Gsync monitors are especially bad for this sometimes.

Ozium

do you ahve enough ram?

also hb to everyone like jshackles and kagamin and whoever else i havent been here to read kthx

Salsa

I have 8 gigs of RAM what does oxenfree want from me

closed hogs like chrome and no difference, this aint on me

even reinstalled on the SSD, nada

Kagemusha

Mystery game was Aragami
I'm downloading now. Will definitely play this tomorrow. Looks amazing. Thanks anonymous!

For whatever reason, I never played those Tenchu games on PS1.
I think the only ninja game I've ever played was Ninja Gaiden

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What are the chances of the new Senran Kagura coming to Steam? I mean the concept of water guns alone...
2711925cde.gif

Parsnip

I was all set to clean up Dark Souls 2 achievements until I came upon the bell keeper covenant stuff on my checklist. I think I'll pass, covenant achievements are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom