• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-06-ubisoft-ends-partnership-with-limbic-entertainment

Looks like there will be no Might & Magic XI, at least not from the same people.

Also: happy birthday, Jshackles and Kagamin.

Nooooo, I recently filled some Ubisoft survey and half the survey I kept re-emphasizing how much I enjoyed M&M X and how Ubisoft should really devote a tiny little bit of resources into games like that even though that particular game didn't set the world on fire.

Tizoc

The rumour is that Nintendo is repeating what it did with Bayonetta 2 and funding development in its entirety as Ubisoft was completely disinterested, rather than an SFV/DR3/DR4esque joint effort.
Ninty is really overestimating the value of bg&e :v
But nah this being ubi i dont think it will be exclusive

Jawmuncher

I doubt Nintendo is on it. Just because if they're wasting resources, they'd rather keep the announcement for themselves I would think. Why let the company announce it so haphazardly.

Doubt it.
omg i'm so fucking dumb

i ended up reformatting my PC out of frustration trying to install gears 4

i just needed to update my pc
H-How..... how do you format accidentally? :D
At least use a modern F1 crash.
csR2u0J.gif
Great destruction model this physics engine has.

It is gnna be hilarious when ps4 gaffers start complaining about ps4 pro games not running at 60 fps

They wont be, because then all of a sudden its "not that important".
Look at 4k before the announcement of the Pro. Sony-Gaffers were dismissing 4k resolution, because "you need a huge TV" "you dont see a big difference" "no content."
After PS4 Pro announcement suddenly you had like 5 threads daily in Gaming OT about 4k TVs.

The same thing when a PS4 "exclusive" game was announced for PC or something else. Remember No Mans Sky? You had like thousands of threads about how that will be the Star Citizen of PS4. Then it was announced for PC and suddenly the threads got less and less.

Tizoc

They wont be, because then all of a sudden its "not that important".
Look at 4k before the announcement of the Pro. Sony-Gaffers were dismissing 4k resolution, because "you need a huge TV" "you dont see a big difference" "no content."
After PS4 Pro announcement suddenly you had like 5 threads daily in Gaming OT about 4k TVs.

The same thing when a PS4 "exclusive" game was announced for PC or something else. Remember No Mans Sky? You had like thousands of threads about how that will be the Star Citizen of PS4. Then it was announced for PC and suddenly the threads got less and less.
This post of yours feels contradictive to your first sentence @_@

This post of yours feels contradictive to your first sentence @_@

What I mean is, as soon as they have "it", whatever that may be, its the most important thing ever.
If they dont have "it", its not really that important. I mean even on GAF you have people, whenever it comes to PC vs console, that say they cant see the difference between 30fps and 60fps or its not that important, when they dont have it.

It was the same with 4k, it was the same with VR and its the same with fps.

Jawmuncher

Too bad the windows store downloader is still busted depending on your internet speed. Gears 4 has restarted every time at around 20gb when I have tried to download.

I'm not bothering with a 70gb download that can restart at any moment

Tizoc

woohoo, got tf devastation, and the two cybertron games
Enjoy them mate
keep in mind hat war has a 30 fps lock but u can remove it using he guide in pcgamingwiki
I will try tp remember to link to more config tutorials for the duology later on @_@

septicore

Disappointing to hear that Mafia 3 is locked to 30FPS on PC.

Also happy birthday to both Jshackles and Kagamin. Hope you both had a good one.

rtcn63

Considering the dev was surprised about the lock, I'd expect a patch to do at least 60 early. But yeah, sucks if you're playing at launch.

Eternia

Giantbomb thread, the technical problem thread, the PSVR exclusive thread.

Some were like, where some people said "PSVR is the worst" that they must be lying.
Some said it must be a MS conspiracy, being totally serious.
The exclusive thread was like "No games on PCVR." and when you showed great PCVR games like Assembly, Pollen, Subnautica, Tabletop Simulator, Climb etc. they disregarded that.
Yeah, the review thread and GB thread are ridiculous. They kind of remind me of DS4 build quality threads where the blame goes directly to the user.

Tizoc

Surely there is a .ini file or cetain editing that fan be done to unlock the fps?
Like wit dead rising 3

Wok

Today is the day of Shenzhen I/O. Anyone willing to buy the early access, or are you rather waiting for the release planned in December?

Also, there is a making of for Furi:

chronomac

Extra from the Joystick voting:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-A3DC59C3A4951B6B - Taken by shockdude. 2 entrants total.

t1475766019z1.png

Grief.exe

Yeah, the review thread and GB thread are ridiculous. They kind of remind me of DS4 build quality threads where the blame goes directly to the user.

Giantbomb thread, the technical problem thread, the PSVR exclusive thread.

Some were like, where some people said "PSVR is the worst" that they must be lying.
Some said it must be a MS conspiracy, being totally serious.
The exclusive thread was like "No games on PCVR." and when you showed great PCVR games like Assembly, Pollen, Subnautica, Tabletop Simulator, Climb etc. they disregarded that.

Just burn GAF down. It's dead.

PSVR exclusivity details for various titles up on PS EU blog

ultimately what's most important is that Rez infinite is a timed exclusive, so Rez may indeed come to PC! :D

Wait, Hatsune Miku says "playstation exclusive content" like job simulator instead of "playstation exclusive" like the other exclusives. Are we gonna get miku on PC VR?

Also seems like Robinson: the journey will eventually come to Vive/Oculus at some point. Still trying to decide between PSVR and Vive so at least if I go Vive I might still be able to play these games.

fantomena

With the news that Mafia 3 is locked at 30 FPS most games these days is dissapointing me in some way or another.

Good times to have a skeptical mind and self control and don't bend over to pre-order bonuses and such.

Madn

Did the mystery game turn out to be any good? I already have Spec Ops so I probably wouldn't bother getting the stuff if the mystery game is like Zack Zero or something.

I got Rooks Keep. Also if you play Spec Ops it gives you back your buck in currency for GMG

I asked how the "games" for psvr are shaping up and people got pissy.

Sorry but almost everything is just a tech demo, with only a couple standout titles. I don't care about games that I would rather play on PC either.

But hey, "obvious bait". When RE7 and Driveclub are your only games to stand out you've got a lot to do to convince me especially with the shitty move controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom