• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also seems to slip people's minds in regards to performance of UWP games.

I played the demo of ReCore yesterday (only gives you 30 minutes though)...ran well for me at 1440p/everything on it's highest...dunno what the framerate was since it doesn't have an in-game option for that and I don't have anything else that can give one

had fun with it but not $40 of fun...will wait until there's a decent sale sometime

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Dawn -- MB-7F94D5B874223F70 - Taken by freshVeggie. 29 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Grim Dawn was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1475804182z1.png

Anustart

This bioshock remastered is the biggest piece of shit ever.

Just loaded it for the first time after the update, now it's just stuck in windowed mode, no matter what. Changing the setting does nothing.

The way I see it, the "60fps patch" they're working on is either reactionary or the game was intentionally gimped (ala Watch Dogs) to make the PC version less appealing in favor of the console release sales.
I just can't believe they would intentionally do something like that. Every dev ought to know by now framerate locks only generate negativity and disdain. It's not like console sales change drastically by the sheer existence of a competent PC version.

Blitzhex

Guys I have a major problem

Someone just tried to login to my account from some European country. Steam says they were trying to access with the correct user and pass, but I setup a fresh random pass a month ago. Thing is, this happened a month ago too, and the pass I was using a month ago was also a fresh pass I setup a few days before that hack attempt by some thai ip address.

This probably means by computer is compromised, but I've run every rookit, virus, malware, adware, spyware scanner listed on bleepingcomputer, and have malwarebytes, windows defender etc and they never turn up anything.

They won't be able to access my account because my email is also behind 2FA, but this is worrying. Anyone know what I can do?

Teeth

That was really quick. Good on them!

What's weird is...if they had just delayed the PC version, there might have been a couple of complainers, but they effectively would have avoided this shitstorm altogether.

This bioshock remastered is the biggest piece of shit ever.

Just loaded it for the first time after the update, now it's just stuck in windowed mode, no matter what. Changing the setting does nothing.

What happens if you hold Alt and hit Enter (Alt+Enter)?

Adnor

Banned
Valve added sprays to CSGO

Locked behind a chest with only 50 uses when you unbox one

Always fucking up

Wait CSGO didn't have sprays??

But then the only strategy I know about that series is worthless! You can't distract people with pinups a la Metal Gear!

Meanwhile sprays in Overwatch are the garbage no one wants. (Except D.va's winkyface spray which is THE BEST.)

Valve is legitimately insane at this point.

Deadbeat

Banned
Wait CSGO didn't have sprays??

But then the only strategy I know about that series is worthless! You can't distract people with pinups a la Metal Gear!
I used to do that with Day of Defeat Source. Have giant gif of that chick popping her boobs out from here shirt and place it at the lower junction on avalanche (area between back entrance to church, rubble, and the steps into the building) and then sit as a sniper either on the roof near allies spawn or at axis balcony way back.

Plesiades

Valve added sprays to CSGO

Locked behind a chest with only 50 uses when you unbox one

Always fucking up

You can get them as a drop when you level up. At least the monochromatic ones.
I welcome this way of policing sprays. Also, artists get money for their work. That said, limited charges is a really dumb idea.

What if you could pay for lives and revives? That way people without time to get into a game can still compete.

100% going to be attempted in a AAA game in the next five years. This stuff is just getting sick.
You can get them as a drop when you level up. At least the monochromatic ones.
I welcome this way of policing sprays. Also, artists get money for their work. That said, them having limited charges is really dumb.

Correction: players have a chance to receive Graffiti as a free weekly drop for ranking up.

Just no. There's no reason to give quarter to such a poisonous game design ideology. It's a naked attempt to squeeze more money out of their whales.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I bought split second cuz it was on sale.

After attempting to redeem I realized I already bought splitsecond.

Guys this is a real problem.

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Split/Second -- MB-5A955D5AE81C7B27 - Taken by shockdude. 29 entrants total.

t1475817815z1.png

Damn it to hell, I thought Mafia III was going to unlock now but it's still got an hour, approximately and hour isn't a good way of say you still have two hours to go...

GaussTek

Guys, a bit of a help here with Enhanced Steam. Using Firefox 49.0.1. For some reason, it stopped showing up in the http://steamcommunity.com pages, BUT it does show up normally when I go to the main page, go to a game page etc (the steampowered.com ones). Meaning I cannot see any enhancements on the market, wishlist, and all the other stuff.

Dunno if it's a glitch or if that shouldn't happen. I already tried reinstalling it and resseting its options. Any idea? Thanks!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Campaign Clicker is a pretty dang good clicker. Highly recommended. I'm currently autoclicking using my Steam controller. Big fan, big fan.

Granjinha

so while mafia 3 doesn't unlock i'm playing seasons after fall, and man, this game is pretty good. Shame that nobody seems to have noticed it. Nice (and simple) story, good VA, great controls and fun puzzles, decent soundtrack and it's GORGEOUS. Just don't really like the pacing (although by the end it's better)

some screens:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dungeon Fighter Online is kinda fantastic underneath all the F2P bullshit.

The f2p system is actually fairly forgiving, you have like 18 character slots and access to every class, theres just all the usual million currencies and crafting and items and 300 different stores, all of which im completely ignoring.

The actual gameplay part is starting to get really cool now that im getting access to the cooler skills of the classes and the dungeons are getting longer.

Grief.exe

so while mafia 3 doesn't unlock i'm playing seasons after fall, and man, this game is pretty good. Shame that nobody seems to have noticed it. Nice (and simple) story, good VA, great controls and fun puzzles, decent soundtrack and it's GORGEOUS. Just don't really like the pacing (although by the end it's better)

some screens:

seasonsafterfall1qdsen.jpg

Damn.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Alo81, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Split/Second -- MB-5A955D5AE81C7B27 - Taken by shockdude. 29 entrants total.

t1475817815z1.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Enjoy them mate
keep in mind hat war has a 30 fps lock but u can remove it using he guide in pcgamingwiki
I will try tp remember to link to more config tutorials for the duology later on @_@

I'll probably play the PG game first anyway, I'll remember to look those up later

Amzin

some screens:

I like it quite a bit, although I haven't finished it yet. My main complaint is that there seems to be a tiny delay on jumps, and it can be REALLY hard to track down secrets in a not time-consuming fashion.

yuraya

Looks like there is a 1gb patch for Bioshock remastered going live.

2 is getting a 727mb patch as well.

Took em long enough. I hate when devs promise a patch weeks before actually releasing it.

RootCause

Will Friday the 13th have a single player mode? I'd even settle for a bot mode. The nes version was single player, after all. :p

are the transformer games any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom