• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wanted to support Playism by buying the Silver Case direct but the weak pound has it cheaper at Steam. Hope someone streams or does a review this evening. I can wait to play it though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I accept DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin, Ridge Racer Unbound, One Piece Burning Blood, PAC-MAN 256 and One Piece Warriors 3 as gifts to cope with the fact that I'll be living in Florida this Sunday. kthnx.

Now outside of the joke they seriously have a good sale there.

Uzzy

I don't pre-loads games anymore cause unpacking takes more time than downloading. 95% of pre-order goodies are useless to me (don't care about cosmetics, maps, OSTs etc.)

Even games Im pretty sure will be super good I don't pre-order. Just waiting till release day and buy it then. That's just me. There's always a chance I don't either have time or the game is messed up somehow.

Perfectly valid reasons. For me, since I moved house my download speed has cratered (I'm below 2mb/s sometimes) so a preload is a godsend.

Oculus Rift Room Scale is more expensive than HTC Vive XD LOL

Those alt-right memes don't pay for themselves, you know.

They'll probably drop the price of the headset.
I think they'll be first to market with a second headset also. Wonder if they'll go with the Apple watch naming structure, series one and series two. If they keep the old version on sale as the budget version I'm dubbing it the Oculus Thrift

Nillansan

gjKxgJC.png

FMhRDBB.png

And that's a wrap. Accomplished all my goals I had with Spelunky. Suddenly the urge to have just one more run faded away. That's a good thing though. Had plenty of fun. Time for something new.

Good for you, I ended up obsessing over the Achievements and wouldn't let go until I managed to 100% the damn thing.

The Silver Case is now up

Bought.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OP BB must have bombed hard if its already 50% :/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of kagamin, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-9FCC7D0A3DCBACFD - Taken by Snakethesniper. 36 entrants total.

t1475783008z1.png

What's the name of the game that started with a V and was very obtuse as hell from the 90's but got re release on Steam? It was mentioned some pages back?

mp1990

Banned
Eye of Heaven is trash. The previous game with 60fps would be neat tho.
I never understood the appeal of these 3D JoJo fighting games. I'm not sure how to put it but I feel they miss the point of what makes the franchise great. The 2D one looks really good, I'd like to see it being ported one day.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I never understood the appeal of these 3D JoJo fighting games. I'm not sure how to put it but I feel they miss the point of what makes the franchise great. The 2D one looks really good, I'd like to see it being ported one day.

The 2D one is GOAT and the other that is 3D but somewhat traditional 2D ish gameplay is tolerable but the framerate being 30 with many drops messes things up.

Shadow Warrior 2 – New PC details revealed

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/shado...feature-fov-slider-will-support-slicrossfire/

No Denuvo or any form of DRM
Uncapped FPS, Variable refresh rates available
21:9 Ultrawide support
Controller support
Uses DX11
Temporal AA support
SSAA support
Sli support
Customizable crosshair
Resolution scale slider
Full key mapping
FOV slider
Playing at 1080p ( at ultra settings ) FPS rates are = In a 660 – 40 fps / On a 970 – 60 fps
Texture quality = 2 gb – High textures / 4 gb – Ultra textures
You can turn off almost the entire HUD and Ui if you want, eg. Damage numbers and the enemy health bars.
You can disable and edit chromatic aberration / lens dirt / motion blur / DOF / lens flare
Steam Cloud support
Linux and Mac versions are upcoming. No support at launch.

OTHER GAME FEATURES

No regional censorship (eg Germany or Australia )
Crossplay with GOG players
Coop is 100% optional and campaing never forces you to buddy up.
:salute:

AAA Pubs take note!

yuraya

Steam reviews for Mafia III so far

36% Mostly Negative

tumblr_inline_ngaxhjTTyL1qagjj4.jpg

Seriously tho locking fps @ 30 in a pc game. In 2016.

And waiting until day of release to announce it..

For shame.

Tizoc

The recent jojo games are more about the style than substience
Theyre great for the non gameplay stuff and to me it makes me look past the gameplay flaws :p

Hektor

36% Mostly Negative

For shame.

They didn't announced this at all, they only responded after people found out by themselfs.

Adnor

Banned

36% Mostly Negative

For shame.

They didn't even announce it, PCGamer had to ask them about it after a streamer said it ran at 30 fps.

AHA-Lambda

Finished Aragami, mixed bag on this one.

It is ultimately a satisfying stealth title, and I wouldn't say it's a bad buy at the current price either, plus it's a decent length and you can get about 6-8 hours out of it, plus there is some replayability to it too.

But it is definitely quite janky.
Enemy AI on more than one occassion had a bit of a brain fart and stopped patroling or moving
The reticule's targeting for the use of powers (shadows, teleports etc.) can be quite finicky
And the waypointing is inconsistent, for example, to unlock barriers blocking your progress you need to find and destroy totems that are marked out by waypoints, but at the same time, may also not be marked out at all. There seems to be no distinction for why some are marked out and why some are not.

They're all relatively minor grips though, but my biggest issue by far (and one that could be patched I guess if the dev wanted to) is the game can feel very stingy with checkpointing at times; and it can irksome when your character is killed in one hit and getting spotted is basically an instantaneous death due to their wide/homing projectiles.

Couple this point with the game's infuriating boss bottles and you've got an exercise in frustration. 2 of my 7 hours of play time can be attributed purely to 2 of the bosses, that each take 3-4 hits to kill, are surrounded by guards, and have a near constant awareness of where you are, while you have 1hp and one chance to kill them without restarting the whole level again.
I think I'd be a lot more positive on the game as a whole if it weren't for the bloody boss battles.

Jawmuncher

Mafia 2 is starting to look no where near as good as Mafia 2. The sandbox style of do shit, to get the boss to show up I just hate. Will be waiting for it to hit the bargain bin. I personally was just hoping for another good story, with just more side content on the world. That's all they had to do.

kagamin

Mafia 2 is starting to look no where near as good as Mafia 2. The sandbox style of do shit, to get the boss to show up I just hate. Will be waiting for it to hit the bargain bin. I personally was just hoping for another good story, with just more side content on the world. That's all they had to do.

Mafia 2 better than Mafia 2?! Impossible!

rtcn63

I look forward to watching someone else play Mafia 3. From what I'm reading, it still suffers from serious open-world repetition and grinding.

gdt

So I own the base Dying Light....what do I buy to get the whole experience and enhanced edition? The $30 thing..? Or just The Following?

I finally take a whack at DayZ after purchasing it full price a year or two ago and it runs like crap, and of course I can't refund it now. I've tried 3 times and Steam has stayed firm each time.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I finally take a whack at DayZ after purchasing it full price a year or two ago and it runs like crap, and of course I can't refund it now. I've tried 3 times and Steam has stayed firm each time.
I've always had the thought in the back of my head that I should try to refund that. I'm sad to hear they probably won't take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom