• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Is no one going to bring up the fact Australians get screwed over in this months Monthly bundle and we only get 6 games instead of the 7 because of Hotline Miami 2? Fuck that site.

edit: looks like you still get a DRM free copy just no Steam key. If they find out they will remove that aswell from us.

news_gameplay_of_styx_shards_of_darkness-18452.jpg

Gameplay of Styx: Shards of Darkness

Looking good.

Kaleinc

Banned
Mass murdering KKK members in a video game has brought about interesting results.

Normally the people that roll their eyes at another brofist shoot-em-up white male power fantasy are all super excited to play *just one part of a game that features* another brofist shoot-em-up black male power fantasy.

And the people that bitterly defend games that feature mass murdering from the other crowd are ... upset that there is mass murder in a video game?

Great job to the Mafia 3 team. They've managed to make two groups of people do a complete 180 on their stance.
Would be limited to US only even if true.

JMTHEFOX

Giving away a game from the Mystery Pack from Green Man Gaming!

ModBot said:
Instructions for JMTHEFOX:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JMTHEFOX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Point Perfect -- MB-41E30BE268BE8DE4 - Taken by dimmer. 3 entrants total.

t1475890358z1.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number -- MB-F7817387BB331BE7 - Taken by shockdude. 23 entrants total.

t1475891505z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How deep is the lore in Spelunky. Why is his nose red?

His a man seeking the legendary golden statue head his father could never could, to complete the quest that took said father away from him. With hope that one day he can claim this treasure and return a hero in the eyes of the woman he loves (whose picture he keeps in his pocket).
It's not that he has a red nose, it's that everyone on that world he calls home has a red nose. Common humanoid trait.

Speaking of which, I should get back to Spelunky. Been long enough since I've played that I've forgotten most everything, and now I won't have to worry about being thrown off if I use the Metroid mod.

xezuru

Speaking of which, I should get back to Spelunky. Been long enough since I've played that I've forgotten most everything, and now I won't have to worry about being thrown off if I use the Metroid mod.

The only rogue-like I care for, the personal accountability/skill cap to scenario diversity ratio is fuckin awesome, every bomb and ladder is a gamble and I'd fuckin wish any other roguelike could entrap me with shit like this and not just some normalized flash game combat and only meaningful random element being in text.

I hear Towerclimb does this, and savin up for the next Steam sale cross fingers.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is Slime Rancher still pretty content starved? I remember looking at it a few months ago, and it seemed pretty fun until you realize you have seen all three areas of the game.

Does SOMA ever...get good? I'm playing with the Wuss Mode mod since a lot of people recommend it, and it's kind of boring so far. It's doing this thing where it's setting up this huge mystery at the expense of having a world and characters I care about.

Corpekata

Banned
Oh my god Stein's Gate is so boring at the start.

I'm really trying to get to what people love about this (this is my second attempt) but it is a fucking slog to get there.

Corpekata

Banned
The first hour or so of SOMA is bland but it picks up.

Though I don't know if going in with the wuss mod is putting your best foot forward.

KenOD

what was in the humble monthly? specifically in the humble originals?

is this suppose to be a cruel joke? i don't get it

Grim Dawn
Slime Rancher
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Deponia Doomsday
Train Valley
Action Henk
THOTH

r3n4ud

Few extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gone in November Collector's Edition -- MB-1449EB612B4BE62A - Taken by rainking187
Zero Gear -- MB-10FF6EBC058A4C80 - Taken by Hakkelus
Ford Racing 3 -- MB-9AB448073AA37817 - Taken by WinterDemons
Monster Truck Destruction -- MB-E70ADCE10EB29A28 - Taken by Madrugador
Goblin Defenders - Steel 'n' Wood -- MB-FA8F36356E0EBC0D - Taken by Saty
Waste Walkers -- MB-C1251F7C2E1EF5D4 - Taken by texhnolyze
Vangers -- MB-D0D82C267509972A - Taken by Kifimbo
FlatOut 2 -- MB-2520B324DD67EF64 - Taken by freshVeggie
OutDrive -- MB-F579C94915A78DA0 - Taken by Purkake4
Tales From the Void -- MB-00A99A918286AE8D - Taken by Wok

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Diedac, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number -- MB-F7817387BB331BE7 - Taken by shockdude. 23 entrants total.

t1475891505z1.png

Some leftover keys from GMG.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Garmonbozia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Urizen Shadows of the Cold -- MB-D2DB22E68AB5D06D - Taken by illusionary
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-033E8CB0D75F0168 - Taken by thesaucetastic
Gravi -- MB-A441D3EF881C9E81 - Taken by ExoSoul
Action Alien -- MB-25908D34AAB8B5A7 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Legendary -- MB-38539B132C7A0AB4 - Taken by Jalal

zkylon

zkylewd
Grim Dawn
Slime Rancher
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Deponia Doomsday
Train Valley
Action Henk
THOTH

how about the humble originals? i'm not sure how that works but a guy i know was gonna make a game for them and i want to know if i missed it or i should sub next month

Popstar

how about the humble originals? i'm not sure how that works but a guy i know was gonna make a game for them and i want to know if i missed it or i should sub next month
The original this month was Fidel. (scroll down a bit)
Fidel - Dungeon Rescue

Fidel is a small dungeon crawler where the hero can't step on its own path. It's easy to get killed, but there's many ways to get farther by exploiting monsters, treasures and traps.

KenOD

Oh right. Original this month was Fidel Dungeon Rescue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwovIWFnCps

Is there a limit for developers on how large a game's file size can be?

There is, but whatever it may be I've long since forgotten and I can't seem to locate any more. It's well over 60 GB however.

zkylon

zkylewd
damn, that's exactly the game i wanted

if u guys bought it give it a shot, it's a spinoff of an in-development game by argieland's top indie dev that should be really awesome

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Paladins looks really cool, kinda regreting not buying the founders pack when it was on sale. Shameless Overwatch clone or not, im from the days where you had 50 clones of fighting games and nobody minded.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened to that redesign? Was it only for the steam store and not the client?

Only for the store, rumored to be rolled out next week - probably during Tuesday's maintenance window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom