• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesho

hmmm...

is it worth picking up tales of symphonia/zestiria since it is 66% off? Any idea how the ports are now?

shockdude

Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number -- MB-F7817387BB331BE7 - Taken by shockdude. 23 entrants total.
ok this is ridiculous.

Gonna have to do a giveaway in the near future. I hope you all like arcade racers and shmups.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
hmmm...

is it worth picking up tales of symphonia/zestiria since it is 66% off? Any idea how the ports are now?

Zestiria you can easily patch it to run 60fps and no idea on Symphonia really. Havent bothered much with that one.

sadblob

hmmm...

Symphonia had a few patches that improved performance by a lot (including one a few days ago that does basically the same stuff a very popular fan made mod did). It doesn't have 60 FPS though.

You can actually see the improvement in the reviews because overall it's mixed but the recent ones are very positive, so I guess people are pretty happy with it.

one thing about Mafia III is that at least early on in the game you have to try and make each shot count (or make sure you can get to another weapon that's dropped/out to be picked up)...you don't get tons of ammo so if you're not careful you can run out of ammo easily

really like the game...just wish the technical stuff gets resolved (would have been better to not have those issues in the first place)

Lain

January 24 per Tales of Berseria? Bamco giving me a birthday present? Oh, wait, it's the 27 in Europe. Well fuck you too Bamco.

Grief.exe

Symphonia had a few patches that improved performance by a lot (including one a few days ago that does basically the same stuff a very popular fan made mod did). It doesn't have 60 FPS though.

You can actually see the improvement in the reviews because overall it's mixed but the recent ones are very positive, so I guess people are pretty happy with it.

He's working on the 60 FPS patch.

January 24 per Tales of Berseria? Bamco giving me a birthday present? Oh, wait, it's the 27 in Europe. Well fuck you too Bamco.

Well, if the PC version releases with the console version on the 24th you can always utilize a VPN.

Levyne

Banned
I finally finished the two DLC packs for the original Dishonored. I was playing through it before looking into the sequel coming out soon.

I thought the main game was really, really subpar. Really amateur writing and boring levels. I had a LOT more fun with the dlc packs. Almost kinda like a Dark Souls 2 and its DLC sort of situation. I'm far more excited for Dishonored 2 now.

Anno

Random bundle stuff. Note that the CoH2 stuff is just various DLC so you need the base game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-8EEBA1B94FD00C63 - Taken by pantsattack. 14 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-1E06A258896C8BC4 - Taken by calyx. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Oberkommando West DLC -- MB-33B3168F2F891776 - Taken by Stall19. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies Mission Packs DLC -- MB-24D4C3B0FCB78AD4 - Taken by Ludens. 1 entrants total.
Galak Z -- MB-928DD56C92F07CA2 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 2 entrants total.

t1475907385z1.png

Annubis

Finally finished Shadowrun: Hong Kong
It's not as good as Dragonfall but it's still very good.
The extended story is worthwhile doing too.

Kudo

I hope Mafia 3 doesn't need SLI Titan X to run at 60fp, opinions seem to be divided about the game so I'm glad that I didn't pre-order in this case, but still planning to get it at some point.

Feel like everything gets delayed these days, here's hoping Space Hulk Deathwing doesn't next month, so looking forward to it and calendar is mostly empty that month for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Beast Blaster -- MB-66FB23AE26EEB338 - Taken by WinterDemons

Anyone know some good dungeon crawler type games that have local coop? Maybe some indy or hidden gem somewhere? The wife and I just finished the main story campaign for Dungeon Siege 3 and despite the awful camera, we had a blast. We also tried Gauntlet but it isn't loot based and Hammerwatch is too difficult haha. Thanks.

Edit: We were sad to learn Diablo 3 doesn't have local coop for the PC version :(

xezuru

Anyone know some good dungeon crawler type games that have local coop? Maybe some indy or hidden gem somewhere? The wife and I just finished the main story campaign for Dungeon Siege 3 and despite the awful camera, we had a blast. We also tried Gauntlet but it isn't loot based and Hammerwatch is too difficult haha. Thanks.

Edit: We were sad to learn Diablo 3 doesn't have local coop for the PC version :(

How independent is the Mrs. for deep rpg stuff? I feel like Divinity Original Sin is great to fuck around once you get a hang of it and its customization but it is kind of overwhelming even for experienced rpg dudes.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-8EEBA1B94FD00C63 - Taken by pantsattack. 14 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-1E06A258896C8BC4 - Taken by calyx. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Oberkommando West DLC -- MB-33B3168F2F891776 - Taken by Stall19. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies Mission Packs DLC -- MB-24D4C3B0FCB78AD4 - Taken by Ludens. 1 entrants total.
Galak Z -- MB-928DD56C92F07CA2 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 2 entrants total.

t1475907385z1.png

Knurek

What's the SSD to go to now?
I'd like to transfer my 840 EVO to wife's computer, since she's still on a magnetic drive, but I have been out of the loop.
No fance PCIe, M2, etc, standard SATA drive.

Two similar problems...

Does SOMA ever...get good? I'm playing with the Wuss Mode mod since a lot of people recommend it, and it's kind of boring so far. It's doing this thing where it's setting up this huge mystery at the expense of having a world and characters I care about.

Soma doesn't tell you what's happening until about an hour in. The first clue I got was by reading a letter that explicitly mentioned what had happened in the world. Now that letter was placed in a place everyone would find it, but I do remember thinking that if someone missed it or ignored it (because not everyone reads collectibles and stuff) then they would miss a very important plot point that might not become clear until much later.

My advice is to pay attention to the notes/emails/audio logs to get a feel of what's happening. Eventually you will directly be told some things regarding what happened, who you are, what your goal is and it'll bring up some interesting questions.

Oh my god Stein's Gate is so boring at the start.

I'm really trying to get to what people love about this (this is my second attempt) but it is a fucking slog to get there.

I haven't played the game but my experience with the anime went something like this. The first five episodes made absolutely no sense. It was like I had been randomly dropped among these bunch of people, one of whom was absolutely nutty and spoke like a maniac, with completely random things happening and I was completely lost. After those five episodes a story started to take shape and you start to understand it. That's when it gets interesting. Then around the tenth episode or so, something happens that instantly raises the stakes like crazy and you finally see why this is a really special story. The anime was a total of 22 or 24 episodes.

My point is, if the game follows the same pattern, it'll be pretty opaque to start off with. It'll start to make sense after a while and become absolutely amazing a little while after that.

drakaenae

seems like a a good idea to always buy the humble monthly for the unlock, since you can easily sell the rest of the bundle for $8

Wok

Not cool.

If u guys bought it give it a shot, it's a spinoff of an in-development game by argieland's top indie dev that should be really awesome

This is what I wanted to say too, but people seem to have me on their ignore list. The same happened with Seasons After Fall.

Fidel looks a ton like the upcoming Ernesto, which is among the top upcoming games according to Jonathan Blow.

I think it is worth mentioning that Fidel, the bonus game in the Humble Monthly, is made by Daniel Benmergui. He has been working on Ernesto.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Or even regular pre-purchasers you gold buying elitist :p

EnHUrqq.gif

I actually didn't get around to buying the GE of Champions of Anteria before it was quietly pulled after Ubi just as quietly cancelled the Season Pass, however I'd guess those who did buy it (if anyone at all) were refunded as the subs were never updated with a Uplay key DLC app.

A game lost in limbo of Humble Bundle. Apparently I purchased this one time too much.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Limbo -- MB-32BB046D034C32A9 - Taken by hannes. 1 entrants total.

t1475917630z1.png

Orgen

Does the Walking Dead Season 2 have several endings? If so:

- How many?
- It depends on decisions earlier in the game or it's a last moment decision? (ala Mass Effect 3)

Thanks!

- How many?
- It depends on decisions earlier in the game or it's a last moment decision? (ala Mass Effect 3)

Thanks!

There are two (EDIT: after looking it up it's actually five) and it's decided at the end of the final episode.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not cool.

This is what I wanted to say too, but people seem to have me on their ignore list. The same happened with Seasons After Fall.

Fidel looks a ton like the upcoming Ernesto, which is among the top upcoming games according to Jonathan Blow.
yeah been waiting for ernesto forever (and storyteller more than anything)

those games are made by cool people

AHA-Lambda

Seems Higurashi Chapter 4 has hit a last minute delay??

Manga gamer twitter cites technical issues they're trying to resolve and that was 10 hours ago. Plus it's the weekend now, so... :-/

Bl@de

Downloading Sniper Elite 3 right now. Is it true that coop sucks because of the lack of saving? I don't want to repeat missions over and over because you can't save. With everyone having busy schedules there is only so much time I have for multiplayer.

Jadax

LOL

Telltale games -- your decisions having an effect on the ending: Does Not Compute!

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom