• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Vx6EL6h.png

237.gif

q3frhb8.png

the-finger-fuck-you-gif.gif

Knurek

What are safe temps whilst gaming?

Is 70 too high in speedfan?

CPU is a tad high, but still okay.
GPU is absolutely okay.
CASE is high.
FAHRENHEIT is... no idea, who in their right mind uses Fahrenheit?
KELVIN is amazing, share your cooling solution bro.

Tellaerin

http://store.steampowered.com/app/540640 <-- this is some RPGmaker trash but the name is "Tales of the Elements FC" so collectors might want to buy in case Namco or Xseed notice and the game gets taken down rather than renamed.

Aren't there a few other non-Bamco "Tales of __________" already up on Steam? (Tales of Maj'Eyal, Tales of the Orient: The Rising Sun, Tales of Aravorn: Season of the Wolf, etc.) I'd like to think they're not going to go after anything with "Tales of" in the title. (Then again, we did have that idiot "Edge" developer...)

Phawx

Aren't there a few other non-Bamco "Tales of __________" already up on Steam? (Tales of Maj'Eyal, Tales of the Orient: The Rising Sun, Tales of Aravorn: Season of the Wolf, etc.) I'd like to think they're not going to go after anything with "Tales of" in the title. (Then again, we did have that idiot "Edge" developer...)

The more I watch the sizzle reel the more I'm wondering how any one thought it was a good idea.

That city scene where people are bolting around at light speed.

The over..... use of ....ellipsis.

The pulsating monster.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fidel is Ernesto but with a dog instead of a man as the main protagonist.

The game is Spelunky for puzzle games. Procedural levels, heart management, and a freaking ghost chasing the dog when the hidden timer runs out.

well ernesto levels aren't procedural and there's no timer or anything

it's a cool spin on ernesto's thing, i like it, wish i could play it :/

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
CPU is a tad high, but still okay.
GPU is absolutely okay.
CASE is high.
FAHRENHEIT is... no idea, who in their right mind uses Fahrenheit?
KELVIN is amazing, share your cooling solution bro.

It's GPU that reaches 70, sot that's okay?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-C93A34FC4409424D - Taken by Jadax. 11 entrants total.

t1476037907z1.png

I just noticed that ARK's Early Access DLC pack isn't in the top ten sellers right now. Whew!

Every time I see it I feel a little bummed out.
Its day in the sun is
done.

I'm nominating this for the worst post of the year.
I never beat it. The upgrade system was too good for the rest of the game.

As an aside, Ogre Battle and Disciples II are quite similar. And both awesome.

This comparison intrigues me... I must dust off my
GOG
copy of Disciples II some time.

zkylon

zkylewd
mafia 3 story stuff looks pretty good on that quicklook

i think i'm gonna wait until someone clips it all together on youtube and watch that lol

open world games in 2016 are the most uninspiring thing ever for me

Anteater

mafia 3 story stuff looks pretty good on that quicklook

i think i'm gonna wait until someone clips it all together on youtube and watch that lol

open world games in 2016 are the most uninspiring thing ever for me

meh it'll be like 7 bucks in no time :p

rtcn63

Mafia 3 would probably be better linear like Max Payne 3 (but without the slow-walking). It already does the "you're in the past now you're in the present now you're drunk look you're drunk in the past" gameplay cuts.

zkylon

zkylewd
meh it'll be like 7 bucks in no time :p
i'm not sure how good the open world stuff is, but a driving open world game sounds very unappealing to me right now

like, gta 5 had a great open world but a terrible story, and even then the open world stuff wasn't interesting enough for me, in no small part cos i can't buy hotdogs at hotdog stands anymore

Mafia 3 would probably be better linear like Max Payne 3 (but without the slow-walking). It already does the "you're in the past now you're in the present now you're drunk look you're drunk in the past" gameplay cuts.
i would rather have this, yeah, a max payne 3 esque game that's not shit would be nice

Anteater

i'm not sure how good the open world stuff is, but a driving open world game sounds very unappealing to me right now

like, gta 5 had a great open world but a terrible story, and even then the open world stuff wasn't interesting enough for me, in no small part cos i can't buy hotdogs at hotdog stands anymore

I bet the open world stuff still stinks because mafia 2 did, 3 probably just adapted the modern open world repetitive stuff from ubi/witcha 3

mafia 2 was ok because the story was fine: the map was just for you to go from point A to B, but I expect 3 to add a bunch of stupid modern open world stuff to it

zkylon

zkylewd
im pretty uninformed about mafia 3 but i would guess that'd be the case since that seems where every open world game is going

except gta 5, tho gta 5's story made me want to kill myself

i didn't like mafia 2 very much, but i liked mafia 1 a lot, specially the story and simulation elements even tho i believe the game was kind of garbage, i can't really make it out in my memory if it was actually good or just seemed good at the time. i would much rather the game was realistic/simulation, but it seems they went for a pulpy disjointed narrative-gameplay thing that kind of reminds me of sleepy dogs, fairly gripping crime drama then goofy shenanigans

wish games were less dumb about this stuff

but again i haven't played or seen much mafia 3, so idk if any of this applies

It's me or Mortal Kombat X story mode is very hard?
CPU hits like a truck.

You weren't kidding about this. I decided to give the story a go and got my ass handed to me at the end of the first chapter with Shinnok :\

Also this game has an insane amount of content. It's actually kind of intimidating so I just end up picking the regular 1v1 mode and stick with that. Such a stark contrast to SF5.

Ludens

Banned
You weren't kidding about this. I decided to give the story a go and got my ass handed to me at the end of the first chapter with Shinnok :\

Also this game has an insane amount of content. It's actually kind of intimidating so I just end up picking the regular 1v1 mode and stick with that. Such a stark contrast to SF5.

I managed to clear the story mode and I liked it but yeah, it's very hard.
After I beat it I read it's because the default difficulty setting for that mode is Medium, but the fact is, since I simply selected Story Mode, I didn't see the option to change the difficulty because it's buried into the menus.
So if you are struggling, you can change the difficulty.

The story itself is worthy, a bit weird like all Mortal Kombat games, bit confusing but very enjoyable.

On a note, if you guys are planning to buy Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Experience on Steam, be aware: the PC version won't include the 2000 MB coins included in the console version.

2000 MB coins are like 20€ of contents (you can buy stuff for MGO with those, like skins etc.), I don't know why Konami decided to not include this on PC while all platforms have the same contents you can spend the value on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom