• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sale Gift Packs Organization.

I'll start up a Red Faction: Guerilla group to see if there's enough interest. I'm in the US and can buy, and have gifted to a few GAFfers in the past.

Red Faction: Guerrilla 8 pack - no price yet
- slidewinder (host)

legend166

I guess no one took my advice to give me their emails instead of Steam IDs :lol

You've got to accept my friends request before I can gift the game to you.

legend166

For the rest of the guys in our group:

Try and get pay/get me your info ASAP so I can either give you the game tonight (I'll be around for 3 hours or so) or when I wake up tomorrow (around 13 hours from now, I'm in Australia).

Otherwise, don't get worried that I've stolen your money or something, it's just that I'm at work.

legend166

--- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack ---
- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- Yeef
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation
----
- Niblet
- Uncle Dukey
- Totakeke
- toasty_T
- Stage On
-
-
----

Ledsen

- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- Yeef
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation
----
- Niblet
- Uncle Dukey
- Totakeke
- toasty_T
- Stage On
- Ledsen
-
----

Kerrinck

Ledsen said:
- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- Yeef
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation
----
- Niblet
- Uncle Dukey
- Totakeke
- toasty_T
- Stage On
- Ledsen
- Kerrick
-
----
Definitely in

trinest

legend166 said:
For the rest of the guys in our group:

Try and get pay/get me your info ASAP so I can either give you the game tonight (I'll be around for 3 hours or so) or when I wake up tomorrow (around 13 hours from now, I'm in Australia).

Otherwise, don't get worried that I've stolen your money or something, it's just that I'm at work.
Hooked you up with the cash just then.

I'll ask to be in other packs as they get put up- so I'm aware of the price and can budget accordingly.

OMG Aero

When you are getting a bundle pack does everyone have to be from the same region?
I might like to get in one of the Recettear packs depending on how much it is.

JADS

OMG Aero said:
When you are getting a bundle pack does everyone have to be from the same region?
I might like to get in one of the Recettear packs depending on how much it is.

Nope, if anyone is hosting a JC2 pack I am in.

skybastos

- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- Yeef
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation
----
- Niblet
- Uncle Dukey
- Totakeke
- toasty_T
- Stage On
- Ledsen
- Kerrick
- skybastos
----

Now that we have the Recettear groups filled up can we get some buyers?

I don't know whether I should elect myself (it might cost more than I can front)

Fireflu

Ok im back!

Borderlands (6 Pack) - $6.66 Each
- Fireflu
- dream
- RickA238
- Fularu
- dorkimoe
- diztrukted

- lordy88 (as a backup)

I still haven't heard back from some of the people I PM'd last night regarding the deal and we still don't have a buyer (in the US). Rick is right though, it would be fairer if we pay(pal) the buyer beforehand.

So we need a buyer, anyone up for it? (only 5 hours left : <!)

RickA238

Fireflu said:
Ok im back!

Borderlands (6 Pack) - $6.66 Each
- Fireflu
- dream
- RickA238
- Fularu
- dorkimoe
- diztrukted

- lordy88 (as a backup)

I still haven't heard back from some of the people I PM'd last night regarding the deal and we still don't have a buyer (in the US). Rick is right though, it would be fairer if we pay(pal) the buyer beforehand.

So we need a buyer, anyone up for it? (only 5 hours left : <!)

I'm willing to buy it, however I will not be able to gift all of the licenses until tomorrow night as I will be away from the house for Thanksgiving shortly. Fireflu, if you can coordinate the payment from everyone, then I will buy it.

CaLe

kswiston said:
I did think of one problem with starting these lists so early. Typically, these groups are created when a 4, 8, whatever pack is already on sale. So the people who are interested are actually online/able to pay in a timely fashion. We're creating lists for sales that may take 3-4 days to show up (if at all). What happens if a few people on a list are away from gaf for a few days in the middle of this sale? They tie up a spot that could go to someone willing to pay more promptly and the pack host has to take a risk on them paying whenever they are back online...

My Just Cause 2 group will go like this:
1) I will front the money for the entire pack without getting paid first
2) you get your game as soon as you pay your share of the pack
3) Reserving your spot now only gives you first dibs. I will PM everyone when the Just Cause 2 pack goes on sale. If I don't hear back from you with confirmation that you are still in by 6pm EST the day the pack goes on sale (sales switch over at 1pm EST), I will give your spot up to whoever wants it. If you don't pay within 24 hrs, I will give your spot up to whoever wants it.

If you don't check GAF that often, and would rather me email you (or even text you), PM me your info!

EDIT:

Here is my group. The above applies to you!

Just Cause 2
1) Kswiston (host)
2) Takuan
3) Snack
4) The_Reckoning
5) Motorbreath
6) Seagoon (steam id: goonbridge)
7) K. Jack
8) CaLe

Thanks Kswiston.

No worries on my part, I will send you the payment the moment the pack goes on sale and you PM me. Thanks again for doing this !

Fireflu

RickA238 said:
I'm willing to buy it, however I will not be able to gift all of the licenses until tomorrow night as I will be away from the house for Thanksgiving shortly. Fireflu, if you can coordinate the payment from everyone, then I will buy it.

Im fine with that, im sure the others will be ok too but i need to get confirmation from Fularu/diztrukted. If i cant hopefully lordy88 could step in.

me, you, dream and dorkimoe are ok i think (as are all actively commenting regarding the pack in this thread)

Can anyone involved in the borderlands pack please confirm just to make sure you want to commit with Ricks plans, thanks.

I'll try PM'ing Fularu/diztrukted again now.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

NyxQuest 10 Pack
- No price yet
1. rohlfinator
2. legend166
3. x3n05
4. cartman414
5. Instro
6. Reticent Rhino
7. K.Jack

Updated with myself. If we still need a buyer, I'll be fine with handling that.

desu

I can't host the JC2 package but just to list a couple of people that want one:

Yet another Just Cause 2 Group
1. blackMamba1187
2. 1-D_FTW
3. JADS
4. Kerrinck
5. desu (can't host)
6. godhandiscen
7. xyla (can't host)

So basically we just need 2-3 (if someone drops out) more people and someone that would like to host (I can't because I can't buy in dollar...)

Fireflu

O boy... only just realised it was thanksgiving TODAY, that may explain the utter lack of life on here atm. Well at this rate then i guess organizing the borderlands pack is becoming increasingly unlikely. Unless a sudden flurry of people emerge on the 11th hour. Shame : (

deleted

desu said:

1. blackMamba1187
2. 1-D_FTW
3. JADS
4. Kerrinck
5. desu
6. godhandiscen

So basically we just need 2-3 (if someone drops out) more people and someone that would like to host (I can't because I can't buy in dollar...)

I would take spot No. 7 if still available... Can't buy though, I'm in Euroland.

desu

xyla said:
I would take spot No. 7 if still available... Can't buy though, I'm in Euroland.

Added you.

Fireflu said:
O boy... only just realised it was thanksgiving TODAY, that may explain the utter lack of life on here atm. Well at this rate then i guess organizing the borderlands pack is becoming increasingly unlikely. Unless a sudden flurry of people emerge on the 11th hour. Shame : (

No sure how many are missing to get the group complete. But you guys could try to still buy it and let SalsaShark add the open spots to the first post. Guess there might be people coming by in the next days that missed the deal. But this depends on the host of your group.

Fireflu

^ That would be ideal, not sure how Rick feels about it though (he may have gone away already). If he's ok with it then im sure it will all work out, like you said there may be people coming in later that want to pick up the remaining copies from the pack.

Fireflu said:
^ That would be ideal, not sure how Rick feels about it though (he may have gone away already). If he's ok with it then im sure it will all work out, like you said there may be people coming in later that want to pick up the remaining copies from the pack.
I wasn't gonna get Borderlands but maybe I will if there's still a spot.

cress2000

NyxQuest 10 Pack
- No price yet
1. rohlfinator
2. legend166
3. x3n05
4. cartman414
5. Instro
6. Reticent Rhino
7. K.Jack
8. cress2000

I can't be buyer. Steam charges me sales tax.

Fireflu

Schmattakopf said:
I wasn't gonna get Borderlands but maybe I will if there's still a spot.

Schmattakopf are you in the US? if so would you offer to be the buyer? im desperately trying to locate a buyer for the pack outside of euroland so that we get the best deal. If your worried about people not paying up im sure salsashark could add a list of people who need to pay in the OP (as desu suggested).

desu

Fireflu said:
p im sure salsashark could add a list of people who need to pay in the OP (as desu suggested).

Not really need to pay, but people that still have copies left they want to sell because they couldn't find a last person for their group.

luiztfc

desu said:

1. blackMamba1187
2. 1-D_FTW
3. JADS
4. Kerrinck
5. desu (can't host)
6. godhandiscen
7. xyla (can't host)

I'd like to join the group. Depending on the final price, I may be able to captain this.

desu

So final:

Just Cause 2 Group #3
1. blackMamba1187 (can't host)
2. 1-D_FTW
3. JADS
4. Kerrinck
5. desu (can't host)
6. godhandiscen
7. xyla (can't host)
8. luiztfc (might make the host)

We gotta wait on the price now.

If anyone else in the group could host as well, please let me know!

thefil

NyxQuest 10 Pack - No price yet
1. rohlfinator
2. legend166
3. x3n05
4. cartman414
5. Instro
6. Reticent Rhino
7. K.Jack
8. cress2000
9. thefil

desu

NyxQuest 10 Pack - No price yet
1. rohlfinator
2. legend166
3. x3n05
4. cartman414
5. Instro
6. Reticent Rhino
7. K.Jack
8. cress2000
9. thefil (can't host)
10. desu (can't host)

(depends on price)

denomes

EDIT: Oops, should have checked the second page. My bad. Starting a new ten pack for this:

NyxQuest 10 Pack #2 - No price yet

- denomes

LQX

It will be good to note if you dudes get charged tax. Some of us don't and though it won't be much we can still save a little if someone that doesn't get charged tax makes the purchase.

Top Bottom