• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iW2GHJ5fU9XYL.png

ibbLpy9vvKsSLl.gif

I... I dont know what to say....

GAF generosity is best generosity! Thanks Shadownet!

a.gif

Shadownet

Banned
But you're...you're not Monk. When SteamGaffers are having issues, we talk to Monk :p

When SteamGAF have a technical question, you go to JaseC. Now I don't know much about Monk. I've only talked to him once or twice but he seems like a world class guy. But if he's the resident comfort pillow/psychologist then I will back off :p

I guess you can always count on me...actually idk what could you count on me for :p

Lomax

BwuoY13CYAAl7Vs.jpg

Is that an Alienware Steam machine?

Been saying for a decade that the big step between pc gaming and the mainstream market was being able to buy a decent gaming computer at Walmart. This could be a pretty huge deal. If only Valve was actually going to have Steam Machines available any time soon.

_hekk05

Banned
If you need help. I can help you get a copy or 4 copies. :) PM me on steam, I won't be able to get it for you until tomorrow though. ($4.30 per copy or $17.20 for a 4-pack)

Yeah I just paid the russian bear and my money needs like 4-5 days to process since I made a US paypal (to escape overseas fees) and since I don't have a SSN I can only link my US bank account and can't add funds, which sucks.

Russian bear is a very trusting bear though.

Edit: shadownet you didn't give me anything for my bday T.T
don't actually give me anything

So, about the Codemasters weekend...

I'm deciding between DiRT 3, Showdown, GRID, or GRID 2. I've played DiRT 2 and have enjoyed it, but the GFWL shit drives me up the wall and even though I know DiRT 3 has some dumb shit I've still wanted to play it since before it released. Showdown I know is a full-on arcade racer with the DiRT IP but I don't know if it's better to play the full arcade-y version or the halfway-arcade-y version of Dirt 3. I did play GRID 2 on my PS3 thanks to PS+ and kind of enjoyed what I played but I hated the low resolution and horrible framerate. I don't know if GRID 1 is a better game.

Would anyone be so kind as to rank the four games I've mentioned? I don't really know how well they stack up against each other. For the record I already own DiRT 1 and 2.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah I just paid the russian bear and my money needs like 4-5 days to process since I made a US paypal (to escape overseas fees) and since I don't have a SSN I can only link my US bank account and can't add funds, which sucks.

Russian bear is a very trusting bear though.
Edit: shadownet you didn't give me anything for my bday T.T
don't actually give me anything

If you ever need anything else. Let me know.

I'm sorry D: I must have missed your birthday! But don't worry I should do a giveaway for Alien around October :) Good luck?

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-22EAFA7EB55A8CE9 - Taken by soapypanda. 1 entrants total.

t1409881016z1.png

Peace:)

rickyson1

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

World of Goo -- MB-3D4A34B78CE27125 - Taken by creamsugar

rickyson1

it kind of scares me a little how addicted i've become to upping my steam game count the past few months

I spend more time buying games than playing them sometimes

what is it that's so addicting about upping a game collection when I only go through maybe like 1 game a month or something

Hey buddy, You're suppose to click on the Quote button on the PM that Modbot sent you. then copy and paste everything.

I'm guessing you forgot to hit "Quote" before you Copy and Paste. :)

oops

I deleted the first part and accidentally deleted the first quote tag too I think

looks like stump already fixed it for me though,thanks to both of you

Ibuki

Banned
I was planning to get Dead Rising 3 for after work tomorrow, but I don't think I can run it! Oh well, sad day for me. I've got plenty of other stuff to play at least.

it kind of scares me a little how addicted i've become to upping my steam game count the past few months

what is it that's so addicting about upping a game collection when I only go through maybe like 1 game a month or something

Before finding SteamGAF, sales and bundles, I had less than 50 games (that was around the summer sale this year). Now I'm already nearing 10 times that amount. >.>

rickyson1

Before finding SteamGAF, sales and bundles, I had less than 50 games (that was around the summer sale this year). Now I'm already nearing 10 times that amount. >.>

occasionally I literally buy bundles and straight up admit to myself that I don't intend to play any of the games in it but tell myself it's a good deal because it's less than a dollar per game or something

but yeah I literally didn't even have a steam account until like 4-5 months ago and now i'm up to 363 games already

Nabs

oops

I deleted the first part and accidentally deleted the first quote tag too I think

looks like stump already fixed it for me though,thanks to both of you

modbot can handle the post without quotes if you choose.

Eternia

Hexcells is pretty nifty. Definite Sudoku x Minesweeper vibes by the end. For completing it in one sitting, I probably had enough at that point (made several dumb mistakes on the last level). If I actually took my time beating the puzzles, I would have wanted at least one more set of levels with all the mechanics thrown together. I guess that's what Hexcells Plus ended up being?

Oh well, I'll look forward to more of that another day.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

JaseC claims another one.
200_s.gif

Nabs

Hexcells is pretty nifty. Definite Sudoku x Minesweeper vibes by the end. For completing it in one sitting, I probably had enough at that point (made several dumb mistakes on the last level). If I actually took my time beating the puzzles, I would have wanted at least one more set of levels with all the mechanics thrown together. I guess that's what Hexcells Plus ended up being?

Oh well, I'll look forward to more of that another day.

Hexcells Plus makes Hexcells look like a simple tutorial.

xeris

For the first four years I had Steam I had 3 games on it. Last year I dipped into the winter sale for some reason and upped that to around 30. Held pretty close to that until the summer sale. Between that, bundles, sales, and giveaways here I'm now over 250. Dreading the winter sale this year.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm multitasking like a boss right now. Watching the Seahawks vs Packers game and also the IBP vs Reliable (CSGO) on Twitch lol

I won this game earlier today. I would never have bought it so early otherwise. I have now played it for about two hours now. It is awesome! I can't get the menu music out of my head. This game is seriously a lot of fun.More of you need to get this game. Paying back my good fortune from earlier. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-E37606F23102DE9E - Taken by Hugstable. 51 entrants total.

t1409895176z1.png

Lain

I just bought the new weekly Humble and one of the games isn't showing for me (Armageddon Empires). Feels weird. Hopefully it won't take them too long to fix it.

I take it back, I didn't notice it was DRM free only lol. I am still sleeping I guess.

wilflare

When SteamGAF have a technical question, you go to JaseC. Now I don't know much about Monk. I've only talked to him once or twice but he seems like a world class guy. But if he's the resident comfort pillow/psychologist then I will back off :p

I guess you can always count on me...actually idk what could you count on me for :p

getting copies of NieR <3<3

FauX

Some Lefties

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

3 Star of Destiny -- MB-13F782E2953B1758 - Taken by GaussTek
Syberia II -- MB-199DA6CA41D3559A - Taken by Sarcasm
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-37693911921D548A - Taken by prudislav

Salsa

I won this game earlier today. I would never have bought it so early otherwise. I have now played it for about two hours now. It is awesome! I can't get the menu music out of my head. This game is seriously a lot of fun.More of you need to get this game. Paying back my good fortune from earlier. Good luck!

couple friends comin tomorrow so if I win this you might have made my weekend, wootz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom