• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Deleting clientregistery.blob should be enough: it is where steam stores your info and gets ****** up many times. Deleting it only will solve the problem.

Actually, Valve recently (as in Valve Time recently) changed what ClientRegistry.blob stores, so deleting it and it alone isn't quite the super fix it once was. If you delete the file now you'll notice that it doesn't regenerate once you restart Steam as it used to do and in fact these days it's only 1KB in size.

Grief.exe

I would be pretty annoyed if it wasn't the same day.

Edmund has been transparent during development, he has already admitted that the publisher he is working with had previously inked a deal with Sony for temporary exclusivity. They have had a date set with Sony for the PS4/Vita release, with the PC release soon after.

Yes, it is utter bullshit.

Anustart

Actually, Valve recently (as in Valve Time recently) changed what ClientRegistry.blob stores, so deleting it and it alone isn't quite the super fix it once was. If you delete the file now you'll notice that it doesn't regenerate once you restart Steam as it used to do and in fact these days it's only 1KB in size.

You are so well educated in all matters Steam. I am in awe of your powers.

go to steam folder and delete clientregistery.blob . Then reconnect, it should work now.

This didn't work...

Delete everything but Steam.exe and the steamapps and userdata folders, then run the exe; this will essentially reinstall Steam. If that doesn't work, then back up your steamapps and userdata folders, uninstall Steam, then reinstall it to a different directory (e.g. D:\Games\Steam2 rather than D:\Games\Steam; you can rename it after, once Steam starts working again). The latter shouldn't be necessary but I've had to do it once before for some bizarre reason.

but this did. Thanks, both of you, for your suggestions!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You are so well educated in all matters Steam. I am in awe of your powers.

He's just a bit mad.

vmUrcNx.gif

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-E059F6A0E6BE9592 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-7FBE8B7AE06E4A4D - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-1C001B83750683C1 - Taken by Shalashaska. 6 entrants total.
Cargo Commander -- MB-56E0F2EAADCDEA6F - Taken by deadflower81. 3 entrants total.
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-A90B0DA2A4F081AF - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Syberia 2 -- MB-F9B2D7A6F4518DFA - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.

You are welcome, I didn't know valve ******* up again and made the solution even worse.

Presumably the way I got into this to begin with is shutting off my computer without giving Steam the proper amount of time it needs to stall my entire computer as I go to shut it down normally, so go figure!

Shadownet

Banned
Well according to Maneil. I got a hater here in NeoGAF who also frequent GameFAQs... lol

Guess I'm not lovable anymore.

Hugstable

Banned
Well I'm going to sleep now steamgaf, sorry I haven't posted much. I've been playing Fire Emblem lately. Fredrick is a monster and I just recently found out I shouldn't be letting him kill everyone cause he's an exp drain... well at least I'm only up to chapter 4, just gotta keep him on the sidelines i guess.

I like you're new avatar. :)

You better be training up Donnel! He's the god of buckets!

oipic

Well according to Maneil. I got a hater here in NeoGAF who also frequent GameFAQs... lol

Haters are going to do their hating thing, it's how they roll... best we ignore them, and all that.

1x virtual hug sent your way, Shadow, just to balance out whatever else is going on there.

Games: it just dawned on me that Wasteland 2 is a mere fortnight away from final release... that's crept up on me. Kickstarted titles are funny like that.

Ozium

been crafting badges while I idle cards and got some kewl emoticons and one that I put on the market for 2 dolla.. hope someone bites. got a coupon for faerie solitaire and bought it for a dolla with card money...

so close

edit: also fuck "The Few." Its idle time is so long I might write a negative review about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah my final opinion is that the dks2 old iron king dlc is actually pretty fun but it has pretty glaring sucky parts. namely all the iron passage section is awful and fuck the smelter wedge stuff

i thought the actual area was pretty ok, but first dlc was much much better

ehh

Deques

Guys, is this old news?

Dawn of War II Patch Notes and Updates
UPDATE: 9/4/2014 11:20am PST

Updated Build:

2.6.10216: Dawn of War 2

Features removed:
• LAN / Direct Connect.
• Referee Mode.
• Ability to “Pause” during multiplayer.

Other:
• Games For Windows Live Removed.
• Previously Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising Shared the same Leaderboards & Achievements. These have now been separated per title and using Relic Servers.
• Relic Battle Servers integrated to manage multiplayer networking.

Tellaerin

been crafting badges while I idle cards and got some kewl emoticons and one that I put on the market for 2 dolla.. hope someone bites. got a coupon for faerie solitaire and bought it for a dolla with card money...

so close

edit: also fuck "The Few." Its idle time is so long I might write a negative review about it.

Clearly "the few" is a reference to how often its cards drop. >.>

Anustart

So Shovel Knight is pretty good! It hasn't yet been better than the best Mega Man's i've played, but it isn't a slouch either. Thanks Shadownet for making it all possible. You see that hater? Shadow helps people :(

Deitus

Total Biscuit put up a video on the state of the Dead Rising 3 port

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE0ZgbBAYF8

What I gather from this video is that the game was optimized around 720p/30fps (understandable considering it's origins as an XBO game), and they made no effort to get it to run well at higher resolutions or framerate other than simply allowing the option. Considering what the game looks like, there's really no excuse for it to dip down to 30 on the hardware he was running at 1080p. I just hope I can get the game to a stable framerate at 1080p, but I suspect that won't be the case.

Wait, like someone is trash talking you on the GameFAQs boards or something? That would be pretty weird if so. Cross site drama is weird.

WreakHavoc

Neo Member
What I gather from this video is that the game was optimized around 720p/30fps (understandable considering it's origins as an XBO game), and they made no effort to get it to run well at higher resolutions or framerate other than simply allowing the option. Considering what the game looks like, there's really no excuse for it to dip down to 30 on the hardware he was running at 1080p. I just hope I can get the game to a stable framerate at 1080p, but I suspect that won't be the case.

Wait, like someone is trash talking you on the GameFAQs boards or something? That would be pretty weird if so. Cross site drama is weird.

Sadly the norms for these ports seem to be that users are pretty much stuck waiting for some fan to patch up the game (ala DarkSouls1) in order to get it to be relatively playable for PC. I'm genuinely surprised this practice hasn't stopped yet but I guess since there's no real repercussion for being lazy, why bother?

Shadownet

Banned
You're goddamn right.
Copons hates me because I keep calling him
Coupons :(

According to Maneil, the guy doesn't like me anymore since he found out what I look like, and how I act. Well damn, I don't like what I look like either but harsh.
-----------
So finally booted up Witcher 3 for the first time in months and something weird is going on. Geralt is doing minimal damage to guards. Like I can't kill anyone. Which is weird.

Durante

So finally booted up Witcher 3 for the first time in months and something weird is going on. Geralt is doing minimal damage to guards. Like I can't kill anyone. Which is weird.
I'd assume a lot of stuff can happen in a few months for a game as heavily in development as Witcher 3.
:p

Copons hates me because I keep calling him
Coupons :(

According to Maneil, the guy doesn't like me anymore since he found out what I look like, and how I act. Well damn, I don't like what I look like either but harsh.
-----------
Must be because The Witcher 3 isn't finished yet :p

Edit: everyone joke at once!

milena87

That's strange, the only thing that comes to mind is that you're using a silver sword, but even with a silver sword you should make more than minimal damage.

Do bombs and signs do the damage they're supposed to?

Phinor

Valve only revokes a key if requested by the publisher or the actual key owner disputes it with support and provides sufficient evidence to prove ownership. There have only been two mass removals in the history of Steam: Orange Box (Valve's decision, obviously) and Modern Warfare 2 (Acti's decision; presumably affected only those who played the MP as I still have my copy).

I don't know if it counts as mass removal but they did disable a ton of Sniper Elite 3 keys at the request of Rebellion. I still think Rebellion did that just because they didn't want people to get the game cheap at the time of release, not because the games were really stolen as they originally said.

Arthea

I felt asleep 5 or 6 times while playing Pixel Puzzles: Japan. Probably I should take it as a hint that jigsawing puzzles aren't my thing. What do you think?

How's pigeon dating business going? Still cool?

Shadownet

Banned
That's strange, the only thing that comes to mind is that you're using a silver sword, but even with a silver sword you should make more than minimal damage.

Do bombs and signs do the damage they're supposed to?

I'm at the beginning part where Geralt escape the prison after being falsely accused of killing the king.

Yes I'm using the silver sword, signs are still doing normal damage, the only time I can do damage with a sword if I do a charge swing attack. Otherwise it's minimal damage. I'm also playing on Insane difficulty if its any help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know if it counts as mass removal but they did disable a ton of Sniper Elite 3 keys at the request of Rebellion. I still think Rebellion did that just because they didn't want people to get the game cheap at the time of release, not because the games were really stolen as they originally said.

It was probably a mix of both as some reseller sites have been known to fraudulently obtain keys (G2Play comes to mind).

milena87

I'm at the beginning part where Geralt escape the prison after being falsely accused of killing the king.

Yes I'm using the silver sword, signs are still doing normal damage, the only time I can do damage with a sword if I do a charge swing attack. Otherwise it's minimal damage. I'm also playing on Insane difficulty if its any help.

Ah ok, that part is supposed to be done stealthy and you won't do much damage anyway, but you should have another weapon beside the silver sword to use with the guards that spot you.
There are 2 guards that will attack you as soon as you enter their room, though. They're behind a closed door after stepping down a few stairs.

I played several times on Dark difficulty (I will do an Insane run sooner or later!) and, while the guards won't drop in 1-2 swings, they won't take more than 6-7 fast swings. Unless they're armored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom