• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

I think DR3 is an even worse PC port than Watch Doggies... dips below 30 fps in cutscenes, normal gameplay, ... ugh. Sorta disappointed, the transparency with which Capcom promoted the game made me feel optimistic. But it's Capcpom, so what did I expect.

nick nacc

Banned
New to pc gaming here. I bought a r9 290 and it game with a coupon code for 3 games. Problem is I have no interest in the games listed on their site. Do the games change often? Is there a way to get out of this and get the games I want?

New to pc gaming here. I bought a r9 290 and it game with a coupon code for 3 games. Problem is I have no interest in the games listed on their site. Do the games change often? Is there a way to get out of this and get the games I want?

They just changed a few days ago, and they don't change that often, you could try selling the code or pick 3 games and sell them but the price has bottomed out due to a recent price error on Newegg's part, surely you can find 3 games you are slightly interested in.

Mozendo

Well the games do change from time to time, but the codes don't last forever.
And sadly the best you could do is trade the code or the games for ones you want, but recently Newegg sold the codes for 99 cents so I wouldn't be surprised if their trade value dropped.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Is the code for Never Settle Forever or Never Settle Space Edition? If it's the former then it's only valid for another few days. If you'd prefer to make some of your money back as opposed to give it away, your best bets would be Alien, Murdered: Soul Suspect and Thi4f.

Is the code for Never Settle Forever or Never Settle Space Edition? If it's the former then it's only valid for another few days. If you'd prefer to make some of your money back as opposed to give it away, your best bets would be Alien, Murdered: Soul Suspect and Thi4f.

Methinks AMD need to rethink their wording.

xBladeM6x

Concerning DR3, I saw the TB video, the port doesn't seem so bad. I mean, if you want costant 60 fps yes, is bad, but even when the fps go under 30, it seems playable.
Of course I need to put my hands on it to test it, but watching the video is not so bad.

This was the same impression I got from it. Basically if you're on a high end card, play @ 30FPS, full quality. If you're on a mid-range / lower high-end card, play on 30FPS 720 Internal resolution. The quality drop didn't seem too bad.

Knurek

Oh, yesterday I played Dishonored DLC.
And the game gave me motion sickness. It went too fast, when I turn around corners it make me vomit.

This is the second time I experiment this in my whole life of player, the first one was with Amy on PS3, that game make me feel VERY sick, even if I played something like 10 minutes, I was disturbed until the next day.

Low FOV values in FPS games tend to have that effect on people - have you tried increasing it?

This was the same impression I got from it. Basically if you're on a high end card, play @ 30FPS, full quality. If you're on a mid-range / lower high-end card, play on 30FPS 720 Internal resolution. The quality drop didn't seem too bad.

But if you're on a high end card then you don't want to play at 30FPS. You could've just bought the Xbox One if we wanted to play at 30fps. I don't think it's a terrible port and it seems that Capcom are looking into the issues but I already played this game at 30fps, I don't want to do it again. Note: I don't have a high-end card currently but will be upgrading before the year's end.

xBladeM6x

But if you're on a high end card then you don't want to play at 30FPS. You could've just bought the Xbox One if we wanted to play at 30fps. I don't think it's a terrible port and it seems that Capcom are looking into the issues but I already played this game at 30fps, I don't want to do it again. Note: I don't have a high-end card currently but will be upgrading before the year's end.

The point is, it will be better looking than the Xbox version on a high end card, even at 30 FPS, just for the actual 1080p internal rendering, and the more dense zombie crowds, on top of the fact that it actually looks much better (like shadows and all that). Not to mention that it will stay at a solid 30, instead of being like it was on Xbox where the FPS would dip into the teens regularly, and very rarely ever stay above 27 FPS. I understand that getting it on PC has more expectations, but at least it's still the better game when on PC, even in it's currently unoptimized state. We still have performance patches, and driver support / SLI support to look forward to.

(I don't like 30FPS as much as the next person, but as I said, at least we still have the best version of the game, even in this state.)

nick nacc

Banned
Well the games do change from time to time, but the codes don't last forever.
And sadly the best you could do is trade the code or the games for ones you want, but recently Newegg sold the codes for 99 cents so I wouldn't be surprised if their trade value dropped.

How and where do I trade the codes? Like in a reddit forum or something?

If I manage to get another tf2 key I think I'll take the Saint's Row 4 bundle. Can someone link me again the dispenser of the guy that trades it for 5 keys?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Have The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter pre-ordered now, along with Th Evil Within and got the cheap AMD Alien Isolation deal.

I'm gonna do it guys. October I am going to hold a Steam (and indie PC) horror game marathon. Expect to see a lot of impressions from me durin October.

Fuck. I'm making my anticipation on these things harder, my trip to Europe is going to seem like a drag if I start thinking stuff like this so early on. Still got about three weeks to go.

Ozium

Have The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter pre-ordered now, along with Th Evil Within and got the cheap AMD Alien Isolation deal.

I'm gonna do it guys. October I am going to hold a Steam (and indie PC) horror game marathon. Expect to see a lot of impressions from me durin October.

Fuck. I'm making my anticipation on these things harder, my trip to Europe is going to seem like a drag if I start thinking stuff like this so early on. Still got about three weeks to go.

Nice.. I feel like doing the same.. have a lot of games in the horror category area of the backlog

Dusk Golem

Dunno if you already own it, but if you have IGN prime Five nights at Freddie's is free.
Bought FNAF for another person, no Prime but I like to support horror efforts, $5 is not much.

One I do want to play in Octoberto see what I think of it, though.

Nice.. I feel like doing the same.. have a lot of games in the horror category area of the backlog
I'll be interested for such. Definitely enough horror games out there.

derExperte

Sometimes the Steam forums are useful, found AssCreed Freedom Cry for 1 TF2 key from the Japanese pricing error. Excellent.

Is it a foolish idea to play that before AC4 itself? I'm in the mood for some Ass-action but don't want to commit to a full game.

WreakHavoc

Neo Member

Do itttt! Also for indie game how about Yume Nikki? Don't know how much exposure that game has in this forum.

kudoboi

Sometimes the Steam forums are useful, found AssCreed Freedom Cry for 1 TF2 key from the Japanese pricing error. Excellent.

Is it a foolish idea to play that before AC4 itself? I'm in the mood for some Ass-action but don't want to commit to a full game.

id say play AC4 first. AFAIK the events of that DLC is after AC4 (not really sure, its been a long time since i played it)

Dusk Golem

Do itttt! Also for indie game how about Yume Nikki? Don't know how much exposure that game has in this forum.
I'd love to bring more attention to Yume Nikki, but have played it and a number of it's clones before. Even have been thinking o securing a copy of the Yume Nikki manga.

And other fantastic RPG Make horror/horror-esque experiences.

SteamGAF, how many of y'all have played Yume Nikki?

Arthea

And it's done, first in history the hype palanquin is now on the move, no stopping this one

iJNhXGVVTIua7.jpg

sorry if I forgot anyone

derExperte

Been out all day, haven't paid attention to gaming news, the port is horrible?

Crashes like a mofo with Nvidia hardware, probably driver related. And the framerate is worse than it should be.

id say play AC4 first. AFAIK the events of that DLC is after AC4 (not really sure, its been a long time since i played it)

Hm, I have no idea what's going on storywise in the AC universe anyway....

But...I have nvidia...

Older drivers apparently help.

Also your GIF gives you a good indication of how DR3 will run on slower hardware. Interestingly enough especially the cutscenes run terrible.

The_Monk

Morning everyone!

Will try to keep a look for the Dead Rising 3 today, seems that some people are already reporting their impressions so let's see how's the game so far on PC.

ViviOggi

I'd love to bring more attention to Yume Nikki, but have played it and a number of it's clones before. Even have been thinking o securing a copy of the Yume Nikki manga.

And other fantastic RPG Make horror/horror-esque experiences.

SteamGAF, how many of y'all have played Yume Nikki?
I've been meaning to play this but never got around to, how long is it?

Anyone knows how to unlock Dead Rising 3?

I preloaded it but when I want to play it it shows "Contents still encrypted".
I used a VPN now and thought maybe because I am in Germany it might show that but even when I am using an american IP it still shows the same error.

derExperte

I used a VPN now and thought maybe because I am in Germany it might show that but even when I am using an american IP it still shows the same error.

Japan is our friend, not the US.
See WW2.

So this is what being an AMD user must feel like
wink.gif

I LOLd.

That said I can't confirm having less driver troubles sind being green. Most of the time everything works, sometimes something breaks. The Capcom guy on the Steam forum said they're talking with Nvidia already, I think I'll just wait instead of trying other drivers.

Vuze

You need to use a japanese VPN, it's not out in America. Select "Play" to start the unpacking process, you can cut the VPN now. After Steam has unpacked the preload you can run it fine from the install directory w/o VPN (no card drops / achievements until worldwide release).

E: lol @ "run it fine"

Dusk Golem

I've been meaning to play this but never got around to, how long is it?
Can range greatly due to how Yume Nikki is built. It's free to go through the game in about any order, you explore a strange dream-like world in any order really, looking for effects (egg-like objects), and finding secrets, of which the game has numerous of. There are 24 total effects, and the game does have an ending.

Can get the English translated game here: http://www.moddb.com/games/yume-nikki/downloads/yume-nikki-v010

968full-yume-nikki-screenshot.jpg

ViviOggi

Depends from how many items you want collect.
If I remember well there are 24 items, some are just impossible to find without a guide.
I took maybe two hours with a guide to collect all items, they should help to see the true ending.

Can range greatly due to how Yume Nikki is built. It's free to go through the game in about any order, you explore a strange dream-like world in any order really, looking for effects (egg-like objects), and finding secrets, of which the game has numerous of. There are 24 total effects, and the game does have an ending.

Can get the English translated game here: http://www.moddb.com/games/yume-nikki/downloads/yume-nikki-v010

968full-yume-nikki-screenshot.jpg

I see, if it's that short I'll definitely give it a shot soon!

Eh, just play it. I haven't played ACIV yet but I have no problem with Freedom Cry. Adéwalés story seems to be separate from the main game and I never cared for the story in the Assassin's Creed-games anyway. Really fun to just run around and explore and to be a pirate. Great looking game too.

extremely unoptimized

game ran at 20FPS for me on HD7870 with 16GB of RAM and i7-2500K with settings switched to medium

didn't stop me from having fun though

totalbiscuit has a video covering it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE0ZgbBAYF8

Crashes like a mofo with Nvidia hardware, probably driver related. And the framerate is worse than it should be.

Hm, I have no idea what's going on storywise in the AC universe anyway....

Older drivers apparently help.

Also your GIF gives you a good indication of how DR3 will run on slower hardware. Interestingly enough especially the cutscenes run terrible.

Worst I've seen in a while.
Wow, thank god I didn't cave into the Russian discount.

derExperte

Eh, just play it. I haven't played ACIV yet but I have no problem with Freedom Cry. Adéwalés story seems to be separate from the main game and I never cared for the story in the Assassin's Creed-games anyway. Really fun to just run around and explore and to be a pirate. Great looking game too.

That's what I wanted to hear. ;)

Wow, thank god I didn't cave into the Russian discount.

Load times are a huge problem too. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128563040&postcount=582 For more impressions check that thread. I hope it's a W_D situation where the engine had fixable bugs that caused performance issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom