• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows how to unlock Dead Rising 3?

I preloaded it but when I want to play it it shows "Contents still encrypted".
I used a VPN now and thought maybe because I am in Germany it might show that but even when I am using an american IP it still shows the same error.

You also need to log out of all your steam accounts. That's the issue i ran into. Once I signed out on 3 computers, started the VPN and it worked fine to unpack.

Still can't play though. boo.

I can't wait for games to stop being released at 1 PM in the afternoon on the East Coast on Steam.

no shit. It's pretty bad.

Aerocrane

NKw0EVC.gif

Activision have lost their damn minds. Is that even a discount?

Probably there just to have something to super discount during the sales. Even at 90% off its like $40.

Buzzbrad

Sometimes the Steam forums are useful, found AssCreed Freedom Cry for 1 TF2 key from the Japanese pricing error. Excellent.

Is it a foolish idea to play that before AC4 itself? I'm in the mood for some Ass-action but don't want to commit to a full game.

Play AC4 first as the dlc takes place after AC4.

Aerocrane

Is the Vita version worth it?

I'd say yes, for about 20€ at least which is what I paid for it. I've heard that it ends abruptly and doesn't have a proper ending so I'm a bit hesitant to recommend getting it at full price although I haven't played much of it yet. The combat gameplay is pretty good, and really takes a mechanic straight out of the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series with the MINDs that work similarly to Personas.

Jawmuncher

I was wanting to grab mind=0 on vita but I haven't seen it at a decent price yet. So at this point waiting on the PC version will be easy.

Way of the Samurai 4, of course, what else?

edited: voted for Persona 0 yesterday, but the way greenlight is now, I'm not sure it works like that anymore.

Oh, I didn't even know this game. I just searched for it on Google and there are the usual combat images but others are the main protagonist on underpants, I guess it one of these games that doesn't take itself serious.

Grief.exe

I just watched his video and... I think he complains a bit too much. It could have been 10 minutes and he would have made a more effective point.

I've watched a couple of his vlogs where he discusses his analytics. Apparently, that is exactly what his fan base wants. He has noticed that his longer videos get more views and people watch a higher percentage of the video.

Is the Vita version worth it?

Literally everyone in the Mind-0 Greenlight thread was describing how mediocre the game is overall.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I... honestly don't feel like buying anymore of his games. And i bought his last 3 simply because I liked his attitude in the Indie movie.

I feel that it's only going to become more common as the generation marches on, too. If you're an indie developer and Sony comes knocking on your door late into development to say that it'll feature your game at events and in blog posts in exchange for timed exclusivity, you've little reason to disagree, really. We're already seeing this with No Man's Sky and Grim Fandango Remastered.

Grief.exe

3-6 months would be my guess.

Jase! How can you say that? Even the lower end of your prediction is nightmare fuel for me.

I... honestly don't feel like buying anymore of his games. And i bought his last 3 simply because I liked his attitude in the Indie movie.

Sounds like it was partially out of his hands. He was approached by a publisher to make this happen and that publisher signed the deal.

Edmund just sends them art and gameplay notes.

AHA-Lambda

god i'm still getting comments abuse for my review of Gods Will Be Watching, I didn't realise my review is still on the game's page >_<

aku:jiki

I can't decide if I want to know or not know who it is running around nude in that trailer. Did I just see Ed nude? I kinda didn't want to.

WTF did i just watched ?
Binding of Isaac has a deeply fucking disturbing story and you saw an appropriately fucked-up trailer. You would never think it by looking at the poop-filled screenshots but it's one of the darkest games I've ever seen.

anyone have the same problem i have in DR3 ?
i can't even start the game
its freeze at the first loading screen

I can't even get there. Game just black screens upon starting up and "DR3 has stopped responding"

I'm just going to wait it out until the normal release and hope there is a patch or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom