• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

024e22f1bd600950721a7ae048a06a5b96bcdb00125580220d636f738abb6e6d.jpg

rickyson1

so i've been playing the first witcher off and on lately and don't get me wrong I enjoy it(enough that I do intend to play the second and even jumped on buying the third one already thanks to shadownet)

but is it just me or is it....exhausting? there's a LOT of running around vezima etc for the quests and I usually can't play it for more than a couple hours in one sitting before I start feeling worn out and need to take a break for a while

does the second one get any better in that regard?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel that it's only going to become more common as the generation marches on, too. If you're an indie developer and Sony comes knocking on your door late into development to say that it'll feature your game at events and in blog posts in exchange for timed exclusivity, you've little reason to disagree, really. We're already seeing this with No Man's Sky and Grim Fandango Remastered.
Yeah, but we don't have to be happy with that. We can understand that and still dislike it.

Not saying you said so, because you didn't. Just wanted to explain how I feel about this situation.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As far as game trailers go, not to bad. Risky but not weird just to be weird.
As for the game, not seeing anything here to excite me but then the original didn't do anything for me either.

Yeah, that's deliberate. From his site:
More on-topic, could you tell us why your trailers are usually so weird and outside the box? Are you trying to replicate that 80s/early 90s vibe?

my trailers are weird because im preaching to the choir.
what i mean with the rebirth trailer for example, the only peopel who will care about it are peopel who know and love isaac.. so why not get weird with it and turn a few heads for people who dont know what isaac is.
id much rather people say “what the fuck did i just see” and be interested in what it was they actually did see.. then people who dont know the game saying.. that looked ok.
my games dont sell well with video, they need to be played to full appriciate them so i get weird with my trailers because its just more fun.

If people didn't really care for the first version they're probably not going to be interested in this one, so there's no point in trying to win them over with video footage of the game where what makes it fun or better isn't getting across that well.

Arthea

Yeah, but we don't have to be happy with that. We can understand that and still dislike it.

Not saying you said so, because you didn't. Just wanted to explain how I feel about this situation.
it probably will sound weird, but if timed exclusivity is less than half a year, I'm not upset about it usually, probably because I'm used to waiting for localizations. More than the year is bad, though.

L.O.R.D

I tested this game first from 'another source'. It worked fine and was fun, so I decided to buy it. Now on the legit version I can't get even load the damn menu because it crashes every time.

What the hell?! How can a cracked version work with an Nvidia card, but not a legit version?
Yeah same as me mate

The funny thing is that the pirated version works with no crashes to desktop on startup or anything

I bought two copies of the game on steam and after me and my friend getting the crashing to desktop i decided to have a look at the cracked version to see if it was any different

i copied all the files out of the steam version and extracted it somewhere else on my desktop and replaced the data folder with the cracked one

it started to work with no crashes or anything seems to me theres something wrong with the steam versions files

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/613935404060304387/

lol, the pirated version works fine , but the legit version not

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any clue on how much BoI Rebirth will cost and how big the loyalty discount will be?

Should I be hyped for Way Of The Samurai 4? Never really even heard of this game and the screens just confused me even more.

And wtf, Mind Zero has a PC version??? Voted for it, let's see how this Persona clone does.

so i've been playing the first witcher off and on lately and don't get me wrong I enjoy it(enough that I do intend to play the second and even jumped on buying the third one already thanks to shadownet)

but is it just me or is it....exhausting? there's a LOT of running around vezima etc for the quests and I usually can't play it for more than a couple hours in one sitting before I start feeling worn out and need to take a break for a while

does the second one get any better in that regard?

The first witcher is a GRINDDDDDD, with constant backtracking, a day/night mechanic that is just a pain in the ass, and a battle system that is just a notch above QTEs.

Play the first till you can't deal anymore, take a week or two off, and then play one of the best games of the last handful of years: The Witcher 2. It's a much tighter experience and improves on almost every issue i had with W1.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
On the plus side, it's my birthday. woo?

Happy birthday!

Sounds interesting.

Call of Duty Ghost Complete Edition

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/49997/

All of those stupid skins just make the bundle more expensive. Who on Earth would buy this, even at it's lowest historical price of $89.99?

I'd love to bring more attention to Yume Nikki, but have played it and a number of it's clones before. Even have been thinking o securing a copy of the Yume Nikki manga.

And other fantastic RPG Make horror/horror-esque experiences.

SteamGAF, how many of y'all have played Yume Nikki?

I've played it, it's pretty nice in terms of atmosphere.

That's so fucking weird, I love it.

Should I be hyped for Way Of The Samurai 4? Never really even heard of this game and the screens just confused me even more.

It has a character named Melinda Megamelons.

Yes you should be hyped.

Ok now I'm just angry at the people who made Dead Rising 3. Are they blind to framerate fluctuations or something? Like how does everyone who was involved in developing and testing this mess think it was okay for release?

It's basically a Samurai sandbox.
You're a stranger in a city about to face some heavy conflicts. There are various factions looking to get rid of each other.

-Do faction jobs and build up your rep.
-Wander the city and just pick fights.
-Find and collect 100s of weapons or create your own.
-Online functionality. Meet samurai from other player's games, try to kill them and take their stuff.
-Become stronger through the acquisition of dozens of skills.
-Multiple difficulty settings (which can affect the quality of loot you obtain)
-Dress up your samurai with tons of clothes and accessories.
-Eventually you can unlock EVERYONE as a playable character.
-Several endings (including one great ending, which requires a bunch of conditions to be satisfied)
-All sorts of interesting characters (a trio of sadomasochistic sisters, a foreigner who discovers a passion for sushi, etc)
-Lots of weirdness

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to find a good vid, wanted to post it, but weirdly there are none... It needs to be fixed.

The video we deserve.

Ok now I'm just angry at the people who made Dead Rising 3. Are they blind to framerate fluctuations or something? Like how does everyone who was involved in developing and testing this mess think it was okay for release?

Porting games to PC is hard. Capcpom needs more practice to refine their porting abilities.

Because they've evidently never ported a game to PC before if the state of the DR3 port is anything to go by.

It's basically a Samurai sandbox.
You're a stranger in a city about to face some heavy conflicts. There are various factions looking to get rid of each other.

-Do faction jobs and build up your rep.
-Wander the city and just pick fights.
-Find and collect 100s of weapons or create your own.
-Dress up your samurai with tons of clothes and accessories.
-Eventually you can unlock EVERYONE as a playable character.
-Several endings (including one great ending, which requires a bunch of conditions to be satisfied)
-All sorts of interesting characters (a trio of sadomasochistic sisters, a foreigner who discovers a passion for sushi, etc)
-Lots of weirdness

OK, I'm sold! This shall be mine when it releases.

aku:jiki

You are not skipping BoI, BoI skips you.

Played ~250 hours of the "first" one, so yeah I'm gonna enjoy this.
How did you manage to keep the game fun for 250? I hit 150 and I'm out of things to do. I haven't had a breaking run but it's so circumstantial and I'm not going to bother.

Maybe I can squeeze a few hours of that Community Remix thing...

OK, I'm sold! This shall be mine when it releases.
Me too, actually. I'm normally kinda bored with sandbox games but samurai sandbox sounds fucking sweet.

Knurek

Porting games to PC is hard. Capcpom needs more practice to refine their porting abilities.

Because they've evidently never ported a game to PC before if the state of the DR3 port is anything to go by.

They haven't, actually. They subcontracted QLOC for their previous ports.

Arthea

Quote this post for a 23% discount code on GMG, it'll be expiring soon so use it quick!

Add me!

you kidding right? check full size pic, I quoted that it wouldn't be so big and venture to posts when quoting
you've been there from the start!

Man, I've wanted to play Dawn of War II (I've had it for ages) but could never get it to run because GFWL was such a pain.

Time to fire it up and see what I've been missing.

It's a shame Dead Rising 3 seems to be such a lousy port. I've played the game for several hours now and have not experienced the issues a lot of people seem to be having. It hasn't crashed on me and the frame rate seems stable enough. Do note however that I have not updated my video drivers in some time (nvidia 2gb 760) and I have not tried to unlock the frame rate either. Hopefully they patch it fairly quickly because I have really enjoyed what I have played so far and it would be nice if everyone could play it. I've never played a Dead Rising game before either so I suppose it could just be the novelty of the game play coloring my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom