• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

you kidding right? check full size pic, I quoted that it wouldn't be so big and venture to posts when quoting
you've been there from the start!

Thanks mate, sorry I was somewhat groggy since I had a sour throat and just ate ^^;

Terra_Ex

Should I be hyped for Way Of The Samurai 4? Never really even heard of this game and the screens just confused me even more.

And wtf, Mind Zero has a PC version??? Voted for it, let's see how this Persona clone does.
Yes, you should be hyped, I can't contain all my hype so I'll transfer some of it to you. Game is the real deal, I've spent hundreds of hours on the various WotS sequels already and having it on PC is something I never thought I'd see. Hoping the Steam release generates some good money for them so we can another sequel.

I also voted for the Persona clone, can't say no to more jrpgs and there's money sitting on table while Atlus ignores PC so it's no surprise to see others capitalising on it.

It's basically a Samurai sandbox.
You're a stranger in a city about to face some heavy conflicts. There are various factions looking to get rid of each other.

-Do faction jobs and build up your rep.
-Wander the city and just pick fights.
-Find and collect 100s of weapons or create your own.
-Online functionality. Meet samurai from other player's games, try to kill them and take their stuff.
-Become stronger through the acquisition of dozens of skills.
-Multiple difficulty settings (which can affect the quality of loot you obtain)
-Dress up your samurai with tons of clothes and accessories.
-Eventually you can unlock EVERYONE as a playable character.
-Several endings (including one great ending, which requires a bunch of conditions to be satisfied)
-All sorts of interesting characters (a trio of sadomasochistic sisters, a foreigner who discovers a passion for sushi, etc)
-Lots of weirdness

Interesting. But this is the thing that won me over:

It has a character named Melinda Megamelons.

Yes you should be hyped.

Now I'm truly hyped.

Grief.exe

So excited SteamGAF!

Both Grim Fandango and Binding of Isaac announcements for simultaneous release within 24 hours of each other.

Grief.exe

Yes, you should be hyped, I can't contain all my hype so I'll transfer some of it to you. Game is the real deal, I've spent hundreds of hours on the various WotS sequels already and having it on PC is something I never thought I'd see. Hoping the Steam release generates some good money for them so we can another sequel.

Sounds good to me, the depth of this game has piqued my interest.

I've decided that I do, in fact, want to play Papers Please.

I think it was $5 or less during the sale. Anyone know where I can get it for a similar price now?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How did you manage to keep the game fun for 250? I hit 150 and I'm out of things to do. I haven't had a breaking run but it's so circumstantial and I'm not going to bother.

It took me about 100 hours to 100% the game, then they released the addon which took me roughly 80 hours. The rest was me playing the game on my crappy old laptop while watching TV cause I was at my parents house and BoI is basically the only thing my laptop runs without dying immediately.

Nabs

I've decided that I do, in fact, want to play Papers Please.

I think it was $5 or less during the sale. Anyone know where I can get it for a similar price now?

It goes for 2 tf2 keys with traders. That's the best deal you're going to find at the moment.

Pachimari

I'll try get my Dual Shock controllers to work today.

As of right now, my computer won't detect the Asus BT-400 (I have installed the latest driver) but I'm very sure it's either because my USB ports aren't connected properly or that it can't power it because of too many connected devices.

I gotta try figure it out.

Mind Zero on Greenlight? Heh, voted. Heard it's not that good though.

i didn't buy it cause it looked like doodoo and its $40. I'm not spending $40 on a game that looks like doodoo. I'll wait for some impressions on it from steamgaf when it comes out and if it sounds interesting I'll pick it up on sale (unless it starts off at $20, then I might just buy it at its regular price)

this game looks pretty dope. added it to my wishlist

I want to feel the DR3 hype but fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, can't get fooled again. Fool me like five times, I don't even know. Point is, I've been excited for every previous DR only to finally get it on release day, launch it and go "oh yeah, I keep forgetting that this franchise is frustrating and boring as shit". Weapons break too damn quickly, zombies respawn too relentlessly, the time limit blows and the story is ridiculous to the point of being stupid and not fun. Is this all still true in DR3?
If you didn't like Dead Rising 1 and 2 - which I found great and good respectively but that's besides the point - then you're not going to like a watered-down sequel where the developers didn't even want it to stay true to the Dead Rising formula. Never mind the rampant performance issues.

def sim

If you didn't like Dead Rising 1 and 2 - which I found great and good respectively but that's besides the point - then you're not going to like a watered-down sequel where the developers didn't even want it to stay true to the Dead Rising formula. Never mind the rampant performance issues.

3 is closer what he wants if he found the time limit frustrating, no?

Anyway, it's too bad about the performance issues. It sounds like I'm going to have to settle for 30fps.

I watched a particular oft-hated youtuber play Road Redemption and I was pretty impressed.

It was an alpha but seemed to have a ton of silly modes.

louiedog

Murdered Soul Suspect is awesome :D

Anyone that likes adventure games or collectatons should try it.

Yep. I thought it was pretty cool. I like when big budget adventure games seem to find their way through to release. Too bad there's probably not a good chance for a sequel.

Nabs

This is some creepy shit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/321700/

ss_aa1cf0fb947818ab4d3187ae23248199f882bea0.1920x1080.jpg

"Starbound" avatars for FaceRig.

This is some creepy shit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/321700/

"Starbound" avatars for FaceRig.
I lol'd. that looks scary as shit.
Murdered Soul Suspect is awesome :D

Anyone that likes adventure games or collectatons should try it.

I want it. I knew right from the beginning it wasn't going to be some masterpiece, but I thought it looked like a decent b tier game. the problem is imo that companies don't price these b tier games correctly, they price em at $60. who the fuck wants to spend $60 on a game thats clearly a budget game? shoud've been 30 digital and $40 for physical.

i just stumbled upon (TWD S02E05 spoilers and NSFW) this and thought it was funny
i chose jane though, but after watching Kenny's ending on youtube i wish i wouldn't have
worst is i read the comics last year but i didn't remember wellington during my playthrough

Twinduct

So Planetary Annihilation releases today?
Downloading the launch update, but not reading anything about offline play (aka not playing the game via their terrible servers).

Grief.exe

Damn, I misinterpreted your post as Grim.Fandango releasing on the same day as BoI xD

Sorry simultaneous release with the console version.

I watched the latest development video and it looks like they were able to obtain the original source assets from Lucasarts. Meaning they will be able to rerender the backgrounds at a high resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom