• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmmm. Lego The Movie The Videogame is 75% off at GMG, plus there's an additional discount with voucher NEVR14-U3AJ96-7004LF. Does anyone have this one? I usually pick up Lego games without question, but this one doesn't seem to be up to the same quality from the few videos I've seen.

Yes thanks :)
EDIT:What the hell was that :l

"You watched it, you can't unwatch it!"

FloatOn

Just saw the news about Isaac Rebirth.

This year rules for video games. Hopefully my room mates won't be dicks and will get on some local co op for this.

abracadaver

Dead Rising 3 unlocks in 1 hour for me. Will I be able to get all the achievements right away or do I have to wait for another country to unlock?
Someone said it has to be unlocked in every country or achievements won't count or something like that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Dead Rising 3 unlocks in 1 hour for me. Will I be able to get all the achievements right away or do I have to wait for another country to unlock?
Someone said it has to be unlocked in every country or achievements won't count or something like that.

I've not heard of that, I started playing South Park early with a VPN and got achievements for it even when it hadn't unlocked in my country.

i just stumbled upon (TWD S02E05 spoilers and NSFW) this and thought it was funny
i chose jane though, but after watching Kenny's ending on youtube i wish i wouldn't have
worst is i read the comics last year but i didn't remember wellington during my playthrough

Jane was poorly written in that last bit just for some shocking moment. This scene doesnt even make sense...
Beginning:Im staying alone because i only trust myself.
Middle:Groups fall abart and everybody should stay alone.
End of the game:CLEM PLEASE STAY WITH ME BECAUSE IM SUCH A RETARD!!!!!!

Pachimari

I'll try get my Dual Shock controllers to work today.

As of right now, my computer won't detect the Asus BT-400 (I have installed the latest driver) but I'm very sure it's either because my USB ports aren't connected properly or that it can't power it because of too many connected devices.

I gotta try figure it out.

Just as I suspected, it was a connector which weren't connected properly. Now it works.

Is this the guide to follow if I want a Dual Shock 4 to work with my PC?

Backlogger

Hmmm. Lego The Movie The Videogame is 75% off at GMG, plus there's an additional discount with voucher NEVR14-U3AJ96-7004LF. Does anyone have this one? I usually pick up Lego games without question, but this one doesn't seem to be up to the same quality from the few videos I've seen.

For some reason I have had the same feelings about it. I'm guessing its due to the licensing involved on some of these LEGO games but I never quite understood the pricing. LEGO Marvel was probably one of the best LEGO games so far with LEGO Batman 2 in close second but LEGO Marvel probably got cheapest the fastest (on PC anyway). I was an idiot and payed full price for it on xBox 360 because my son was begging for it. I think it dropped from $49.99 to $29.99 within a couple weeks of me doing that.

I typically buy the LEGO games on the 360 because they are really for my son and I don't like him playing games on my PC, but they are starting to load pretty slowly on the 360 so not sure what to do when Batman 3 comes out. I clearly need to build a SFF PC for my living room.

Nabs

Just as I suspected, it was a connector which weren't connected properly. Now it works.

Is this the guide to follow if I want a Dual Shock 4 to work with my PC?

Nope. That's outdated. Simply download the J2K branch here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=52179 It takes 2 seconds to install:

i6AtTsLJQYFcu.png

He posts in that thread (Jay2Kings) so you can ask him for questions if you have any problems. I can probably help you out as well.

Just remember to "Hide DS4 Controller" in the settings tab.

def sim

If that'd be all, then sure, but all his other complaints are still intact only done worse than how the original two games handled it.

It reads like he wanted an easier game, which 3 definitely is. It's kinda the same game with a lenient time limit and longer lasting, stronger weapons.

Hmmm. Lego The Movie The Videogame is 75% off at GMG, plus there's an additional discount with voucher NEVR14-U3AJ96-7004LF. Does anyone have this one? I usually pick up Lego games without question, but this one doesn't seem to be up to the same quality from the few videos I've seen. unwatch it!"

It follows the Movie pretty closely (until the last few levels \ boss battle) , with several smallish open world maps (basically one for each realm you see in the film). There are a few minigames and sidequests, lots of hidden stuff, and abundance of costume\character unlockables in each realm. You can explore each one between the main quests. Clips of the movie are used frequently as cut scenes. The only other Lego game I've played was Lego Marvel Superheroes, and it is not as expansive or open as Marvel, but it was overall still enjoyable if you liked the movie. Don't expect much new outside of what the Lego games have done before though.

Pachimari

Nope. That's outdated. Simply download the J2K branch here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=52179 It takes 2 seconds to install:

i6AtTsLJQYFcu.png

He posts in that thread (Jay2Kings) so you can ask him for questions if you have any problems. I can probably help you out as well.

Just remember to "Hide DS4 Controller" in the settings tab.

None of this works.

And it says: "device driver software was not successfully installed" after restarting my computer.

I have the Dual Shock 4 connected via micro USB to my computer, but nothing works. My Xbox 360 controller works though.

Chariot

jjGpIvgyNRvtQ.png

This is most likely a scammer. Which is bad.
But he has a cute anime girl as avatar. Which is good.
But this is not even a creative scammer. Which is bad.

It's so difficult to turn an anime girl avatar down, I swear, if the prince of Nigeria would've be a cute anime girl, I would help him transfer his money without a second thought :(

Shadownet

Banned
I might buy Mind 0 when it comes out on PC. It kinda look like a Persona 4 clone from the look of the combat.

Also the poster above me.

*sigh* anime girls...

come on Chariot

It's basically a Samurai sandbox.
You're a stranger in a city about to face some heavy conflicts. There are various factions looking to get rid of each other.

-Do faction jobs and build up your rep.
-Wander the city and just pick fights.
-Find and collect 100s of weapons or create your own.
-Online functionality. Meet samurai from other player's games, try to kill them and take their stuff.
-Become stronger through the acquisition of dozens of skills.
-Multiple difficulty settings (which can affect the quality of loot you obtain)
-Dress up your samurai with tons of clothes and accessories.
-Eventually you can unlock EVERYONE as a playable character.
-Several endings (including one great ending, which requires a bunch of conditions to be satisfied)
-All sorts of interesting characters (a trio of sadomasochistic sisters, a foreigner who discovers a passion for sushi, etc)
-Lots of weirdness

Samuraikoden? Sounds good. I could go for another recruit 'em up.

Also, scrolled past that "Road Redemption" quickly, misread it, and got WAY too excited for a moment before I realized Rockstar would never do that. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jjGpIvgyNRvtQ.png

It's so difficult to turn an anime girl avatar down, I swear, if the prince of Nigeria would've be a cute anime girl, I would help him transfer his money without a second thought :(

honestly i just say yes to every friend request. since i use appear offline or whatever all the time, none of the scammers ever bother to actually contact me *shrugs*

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
honestly i just say yes to every friend request. since i use appear offline or whatever all the time, none of the scammers ever bother to actually contact me *shrugs*

oh, so THAT'S why you accepted my invite xD good to know :p

Ruruja

Awww, GMG lowered FIFA15 to £32.99 so I hoped to use the 20% off voucher code on it for an even cheaper price, but it doesn't seem to work.

Pachimari

Okay, so my Dual Shock 4 works wired.

Now I'm gonna try make it work wireless. I made the lightbar double flash, but how do I do the "connect to wireless controller" in bluetooth setting? Where is that in Windows 7? Is that the "add device" thing?

Jawmuncher

jjGpIvgyNRvtQ.png

That avatar is jank in that pic.
Ditch that unassigned loser to the curb.

Li Kao

Ok, I'm in my 'steam trade' period again. Yes, I still don't fully grasp the damn thing.
Just a question : Murdered Soul Suspect comes very cheap nowadays, and I get the feeling a moody game like this could help me wait for my planned hardware refresh.

But it has a RU/CIS/IN and a JP package. How can I make sure the seller will give me the ROW version ? Just by reputation alone ?

Yeah, I know, a fucking broken record. The thing is each time I dabble in steam trades it last too little time for my brain to really memorize it. A least after the last time I know I have to ask for gift ^_^

jjGpIvgyNRvtQ.png

One time such a scammer added me, I accepted and wanted to mess with him a bit, but he deleted me like 3 hours later.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey, if all it takes is an anime avatar, I'm gonna chalk this one up to natural selection and use it as evidence for social Darwinism.

jjGpIvgyNRvtQ.png

Ever wanted to know why anime cards are more expensive than most others? here you go

Uzzy

jjGpIvgyNRvtQ.png

Stay strong against the scourge of moe.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday. Dont eat too much cake ;)

Happy B-day, hope you´ll have a better one than i did last weekend, everyone but my father forgot mine, and got some congrats 1-2 days later from some.

morning all =)
Happy bday thesaucetastic =)

Happy birthday!

Thanks you guys! I prob won't do anything today anyway, probably just clean up my place and play some more games.

Damn Angerd that sucks. Happy belated birthday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom