• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ds4windows is pretty neat. only issue is that the trackpad is wayyy to sensitive to be used as a mouse(so i can start up dolphin games with it) Must have application if you own a ps4 controller and pc. PS4 controller is much better than the 360 imo. I can't speak for the xbone since I've never actually held one but I'm assuming its pretty similar to the 360. I don't like where they put the dpad, makes it usesless imo for 2d games and stuff.

BoI after all the uncertainty technically comes out on PC first as it's regular Steam update time versus the erratic PSN schedule.

EDIT: Looks like my phone had a stroke in that sentence.

Nabs

ds4windows is pretty neat. only issue is that the trackpad is wayyy to sensitive to be used as a mouse(so i can start up dolphin games with it)

If you're using the J2K build I posted you can easily adjust the touchpad. I think Slide is the option you want to mess with.

If you're using the J2K build I posted you can easily adjust the touchpad. You can either change the slide or mouse sensitivity.
Idk if that's the build I have(the one I have has a blue background, I'll download the build you put up when I get home and check it out

I read that this trailer was weird, and now that I am watching it for the first time I see that it is actually pretty weird indeed, and also a little creepy.

Binding of Isaac is 7€, I hope an upgrade for 1€.

Do you mean the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? 7€? Where? I can't see it on SteamStore.

Anyway 7€ would be cheaper than I am expecting, they may be seeling it at a lower price to all owners of the originl game, but since a bunch of people already owns it and I gather they expect to make some money off it I am not expecting it to be too cheap, at least not at launch.

Tellaerin

It is about that time of the week.

I approve of this change. Wee Saoirse's self-portrait is really adorable.

hmmm... nope!

i feel like smiley pink girl with glasses rite now so that's what i'm wearing :>

The new avatar's awesome. Hope you're in a "smiley pink girls with glasses" mood more often. :D

It's basically a Samurai sandbox.
You're a stranger in a city about to face some heavy conflicts. There are various factions looking to get rid of each other.

-Do faction jobs and build up your rep.
-Wander the city and just pick fights.
-Find and collect 100s of weapons or create your own.
-Online functionality. Meet samurai from other player's games, try to kill them and take their stuff.
-Become stronger through the acquisition of dozens of skills.
-Multiple difficulty settings (which can affect the quality of loot you obtain)
-Dress up your samurai with tons of clothes and accessories.
-Eventually you can unlock EVERYONE as a playable character.
-Several endings (including one great ending, which requires a bunch of conditions to be satisfied)
-All sorts of interesting characters (a trio of sadomasochistic sisters, a foreigner who discovers a passion for sushi, etc)
-Lots of weirdness

...for the record, this'll be the second game you've sold me on now. (The first was Zanac X Zanac.)

Not sure about Depth yet (though the screenshot with the one diver bitten in half does have me intrigued >.>) but GG and Road Redemption have both found their way onto my wishlist. Be nice if GG has online play so I can get my Chipp on with some of you guys and gals.

Stay strong against the scourge of moe.

I think you mean the Face of Moe. >.>

the game has yet to be released in some countries right? AFAIK i remember something similar with thief and once that game was released globally, i got like 3 or 4 trading cards at once

I was just checking the page to see if it was unlocked and saw it had cards. I don't know if it's out for everyone yet. Strangely enough, my badges page says I don't have any drops for it yet. Maybe it takes a little while.

Night Dive Bundle from BundleStars is up, for $3.49

• System Shock 2
  • Bad Mojo: Redux
  • Wizardy 6 & 7
  • Wizardy 8
  • Harvester
  • 7th Gues & 11th Hour
  • I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
  • Shadow Man
ATTN: THIS BUNDLE IS AMAZING AND YOU SHOULD BUY IT. SYSTEM SHOCK 2 IS THE FPS EVER. HARVESTER IS AMAZING. ALL OTHERS (EXCEPT BAD MOJO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS) ARE PRETTY GREEEAT

Doomshine

Lego games are 75% off at Green Man Gaming, which one would you guys recommend out of The Lego Movie Videogame and Lego Marvel?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Cool, it's a Codemasters sale weekend. I think it's time for me to buy the original Grid for $3.74 so I have a new game to play with my new G27 racing wheel!

header_292x136.jpg

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
They haven't, actually. They subcontracted QLOC for their previous ports.

Surprised they chose DR3 as their first port to actually work on, then. I would assume that working on a smaller project and then working on a bigger project would provide better experience.

you think we deserve it?

you guys may ironize till the world ends, but porting games is hard! it's work after all.

It sounds entitled, but I do prefer stable ports, yes :p

I'm not trying to underplay how difficult porting is.

It's basically a Samurai sandbox.
You're a stranger in a city about to face some heavy conflicts. There are various factions looking to get rid of each other.

-Do faction jobs and build up your rep.
-Wander the city and just pick fights.
-Find and collect 100s of weapons or create your own.
-Online functionality. Meet samurai from other player's games, try to kill them and take their stuff.
-Become stronger through the acquisition of dozens of skills.
-Multiple difficulty settings (which can affect the quality of loot you obtain)
-Dress up your samurai with tons of clothes and accessories.
-Eventually you can unlock EVERYONE as a playable character.
-Several endings (including one great ending, which requires a bunch of conditions to be satisfied)
-All sorts of interesting characters (a trio of sadomasochistic sisters, a foreigner who discovers a passion for sushi, etc)
-Lots of weirdness

This can't be stated enough. The whole reason that I convinced my friend to buy the PS3 version so we could play it was because it's super weird, and it even keeps the weirdness in the translation.

This is some creepy shit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/321700/

"Starbound" avatars for FaceRig.

The style of the face reminds me of Pathologic :|

Night Dive Bundle from BundleStars is up, for $3.49

• System Shock 2
  • Bad Mojo: Redux
  • Wizardy 6 & 7
  • Wizardy 8
  • Harvester
  • 7th Gues & 11th Hour
  • I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
  • Shadow Man

Ehhh, it's got Bad Mojo: Redux in it. Worth it for that, even though most of those were already in the Humble Bundle version.

I kind of want those shitty fmv games, but I have everything else.

Do it for Harvester if you don't have it already.

It's the prime example of " it's so bad that it's good."

I believe the option to play as anyone in the game is just the option to pick their model as your character. It is like this in Akiba's Trip, another open-world game developed by Acquire.

Oh. Now I'm not sure if I want it. Although, the prospect of being Melinda Megamelons...

Aerocrane

Colin mcrae worth getting iff steam?

Colin McRae Rally on Steam is not worth it, but Dirt 3 is alright if you want some rallying. Colin McRae Rally that is on Steam is just a PC port of a mobile game with bad graphics and physics and it doesn't even have all of the content from the first CMR. Dirt 3 is alright for the sale price, but it does have only a small amount of special stages and some X-Games & Gymkhana crap with Ken Block. Also Dirt 3 currently has GFWL, but Codemasters have announced that they are working on converting the game to Steamworks.

Knurek

Surprised they chose DR3 as their first port to actually work on, then. I would assume that working on a smaller project and then working on a bigger project would provide better experience.

Well, it's a Capcom Vancouver game, maybe the head honchos in Japan couldn't imagine that a Western company would put out such a bad port?

I mean the original+expansion, so I hope the Rebirth will have a similar price.

I wouldn't count too much on that; Binding of Isaac has been bundled and discounted many times, but things have changed since its debut and this is a most anticipated game so, also considering it seems they have put some serious effort into this reboot, I wouldn't expect this to be priced as the original game, I have a hunch its initial price may be something north of 10€/10$.

Li Kao

I did it again. I fucking traded keys for a serial. I swear I tried to do the right thing but what the hell, the game was dirt cheap, the man had high rep and a solid steam account.
Still, fuck, I would like to do a normal reliable key / gift trade one day. Must grow a brain.

r3n4ud

I did it again. I fucking traded keys for a serial. I swear I tried to do the right thing but what the hell, the game was dirt cheap, the man had high rep and a solid steam account.
Still, fuck, I would like to do a normal reliable key / gift trade one day. Must grow a brain.
Perhaps you should stick to trading with the fine folks in the b/s/t thread?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I agree with you, it's a fun game. You don't get a top-of-the-line wheel to play arcade racers like GRID though.

Well I bought the wheel for Euro Truck Sim 2, Dirt 1 & 2, GT Legends, Race 07, and some other games I own that I can't think of right now. And I intend on buying Asseto Corsa eventually, not to mention every other race game I will buy down the line. But Grid is $4 right now and my wheel will work with it so BOUGHT!

kulapik

Come on Steam, gimme that BoI:R pre-order.

(never thought I'd be excited for a pre-order, though it's more for knowing how many russiabucks will it cost than to buying it)

(I plan to gift it to a college friend that loves BoI for her birthday)

Shadownet

Banned
With all the hugs I've been getting. If Valve actually take them, I could afford to buy one of these.

Stat Trak M4A1 Cyrex (FN)
But I'll take a non Stat Trak version at this point lol

Jane was poorly written in that last bit just for some shocking moment. This scene doesnt even make sense...
Beginning:Im staying alone because i only trust myself.
Middle:Groups fall abart and everybody should stay alone.
End of the game:CLEM PLEASE STAY WITH ME BECAUSE IM SUCH A RETARD!!!!!!

TWD S02 spoilers

it was pretty dumb indeed, i almost wanted to left her because of that but i figured that even if wellington was real something bad would happen at the beggining of S03 that would force her to roam again so might as well be with jane since she would give clem useful tips to survive
i don't know if all this rationalization is even useful anyway, i don't think telltale is going to make any of this matter in the long run

Chariot

AAHHHH, my eyes!
During loading screens the game is flickering around like hell. In the menu and ingame everything alright so far. Is there anything I can do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom