• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So the Binding of Isaac Rebirth video is public now but the link is still not ready. Come on Valve, I want to get my pre-order in!

Lomax

I wouldn't count too much on that; Binding of Isaac has been bundled and discounted many times, but things have changed since its debut and this is a most anticipated game so, also considering it seems they have put some serious effort into this reboot, I wouldn't expect this to be priced as the original game, I have a hunch its initial price may be something north of 10€/10$.

It's almost certainly going to be $20 with a discount for previous owners that I'd expect to put it at $15. The absolute lowest I see it being for previous owners is $10, and that's still a bargain. It's essentially a completely new game.

Prepare your wallets (BoI Rebirth)

7R8wq1f.png

Tellaerin

I agree with you, it's a fun game. You don't get a top-of-the-line wheel to play arcade racers like GRID though.

What would you consider a racing game that isn't arcadey (on PC)?

What I'm looking for are more good arcade-style racers on Steam. I know you guys consider GRID (the first one) an "arcade racer", but to me it feels extremely sim-like. What's out there on Steam for someone who enjoys stuff like Burnout and Ridge Racer? (I have Burnout Paradise, which I enjoy, and Ridge Racer: Unbounded, which isn't bad for what it is, though it plays more like a Burnout wannabe than a Ridge game.)

but surely you like me

I wrote that.

You have my clicks, sah.

Lomax

With all the hugs I've been getting. If Valve actually take them, I could afford to buy one of these.

Stat Trak M4A1 Cyrex (FN)
But I'll take a non Stat Trak version at this point lol

I just searched the market out of curiosity... dear god those are expensive.

You know what I hate?

I am about 3/4 through Agarest: Generations of War and usually you stick with one party the whole Game (almost). You level them the whole time and then suddenly... 2 of your strongest partymembers are removed from your party because of some story-sequences.
All the other partymembers I could fill the positions in are either underleveled or have shitty weapons or are totally weak in general...

milena87

I just saw this on my activity feed regarding Banner Saga.

It sounds fun and I might even try it! Of course, I wish this was possible in italian instead :p

Shadownet

Banned
I just searched the market out of curiosity... dear god those are expensive.

Supply and Demand my friend. I swore to myself I would never become one of those people that spend hundreds on in game items.
I only spent $50 so far

Gotta resist the urge to throw down $100+ for something I probably won't even need 10 years from now!

Turfster

Indieroyale Debut 18 bundle
Price: 1.75€
  • In Exilium
  • Dungeon of Gain
  • Drew and the Floating Labyrinth
  • Crunch Time
  • Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land
  • Inside the Gear
  • Voyage to Farland

Kacho

You know what I hate?

I am about 3/4 through Agarest: Generations of War and usually you stick with one party the whole Game (almost). You level them the whole time and then suddenly... 2 of your strongest partymembers are removed from your party because of some story-sequences.
All the other partymembers I could fill the positions in are either underleveled or have shitty weapons or are totally weak in general...

Man, I had something like that happen to me in Breath of Fire 2. You get some monkey character who I never liked so I never used him. Later in the game you only get to use him for a solo story section, but he was so under leveled I couldn't progress. So frustrating.

Volimar

Dead Rising 3...

Couldn't make it past the loading page.

First try, it crashed to desktop

Second try, became unresponsive and not even ending the process in task manager could shut it down.

Welp.

hope nvidia comes out with some fixes

Deques

Even though I'm still not really convinced by the new style, BoI is one of the best games ever made and I will own all the version of Rebirth (thanks PS+) and play it forever. Very, very hyped.

The new engine will not have all the flaws that Flash has, so I am very excited in Rebirth

Indieroyale Debut 18 bundle
Price: 1.75€
  • In Exilium
  • Dungeon of Gain
  • Drew and the Floating Labyrinth
  • Crunch Time
  • Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land
  • Inside the Gear
  • Voyage to Farland

Why even bother?

Yeah, you're right.

Daily Guild Wars Franchise 50% off

Will I be able to login with my existing account and also play Eyes of the North expansion?

Dead Rising 3...

Couldn't make it past the loading page.

First try, it crashed to desktop

Second try, became unresponsive and not even ending the process in task manager could shut it down.

Welp.

hope nvidia comes out with some fixes

Yeah I checked the forums earlier and it seemed like a lot of people were having the crash to desktop issue. Sucks.

Man, I had something like that happen to me in Breath of Fire 2. You get some monkey character who I never liked so I never used him. Later in the game you only get to use him for a solo story section, but he was so under leveled I couldn't progress. So frustrating.

Yeah. It makes me wanna throw the towel. I mean I am at the last part of the game now, but I dont know how I can kill the boss without those two characters, because the boss has a onehitkill after 3 turns and autoheals himself every turn...

Jawmuncher

Who would have thought at this point in time the XONE version of DR3 would be the best one. They better get some patches on that. I want to play the DLC

Deques

I never had a single problem with the old BoI for some reason.

Me neither, but sometimes it has slowdowns due too many things happening on the screen. Achievements were semibroken. Steam Cloud also. There are some other bugs too, but not game breaking that I have encountered.

Shadownet

Banned
I have 51 friends left on my friends list that still wish for Witcher 3. That number better be close to 0 by February 24th.
or else!

Lomax

Supply and Demand my friend. I swore to myself I would never become one of those people that spend hundreds on in game items.
I only spent $50 so far

Gotta resist the urge to throw down $100+ for something I probably won't even need 10 years from now!

I don't judge at all,
I once spent $25 on a sparkly pony in WoW,
I was just surprised to see them all so universally high, I was under the impression that only certain versions of the skins were that much. And they clearly are selling, not just sitting there marked high. Kinda makes me wish I played shooters like that, though I'm sure the odds of getting one is pretty miniscule.

Salsa

well Dead Rising 3 installs to your system's language, that's strike one

thankfully it has an in-game option to change it. felt like GFWL was still alive for a second there

Shadownet

Banned
I don't judge at all,
I once spent $25 on a sparkly pony in WoW,
I was just surprised to see them all so universally high, I was under the impression that only certain versions of the skins were that much. And they clearly are selling, not just sitting there marked high. Kinda makes me wish I played shooters like that, though I'm sure the odds of getting one is pretty miniscule.

Yeah unless you're JaseC. The odd of getting a super rare skin through opening cases is next to nothing.

If you want a rare skin, you're better off just buying it directly. or trading several skins of equal value for it. The most expensive skin i had before I lost it was $26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom