• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

In happier news, here's BoI Rebirth

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/

15€ / $15, 33% loyalty discount

Alright, I have to sell $2 worth of cards and BoI is mine.

This will quickly become my most played game on Steam leaving the original BoI in 2nd place

DocSeuss

I was waiting to see how many people would notice that you wrote it. But now that the sheeps are out. You're going to get like ten thousand views now.
All from GAF

You have my clicks, sah.

<3

I'd make a thread about it 'cause I'd love to chat with GAF about Halo, but I don't want to be seen as spamming.

Was a really fun article to write, though I ALMOST wrote about The Library, since it's one of the best levels in video game history.

Nabs

<3

I'd make a thread about it 'cause I'd love to chat with GAF about Halo, but I don't want to be seen as spamming.

Was a really fun article to write, though I ALMOST wrote about The Library, since it's one of the best levels in video game history.

Someone already made one!

The_Monk

Someone talk me out of buying Grid Autosport. Please.

If you been a fan of Grid 1 but were somewhat disappointed with Grid 2 then Grid Autosport might be the best between the older two entries. Things like the cockpit view are back again but it's a blurry view so if you have been watching some gameplay from Project Cars, Driveclub or similar most recent games in this genre it's going to be harsh to play this in cockpit view.

The different classes during seasons however are simply amazing, you can take one different class each season so you don't burn out on a certain class while making progress until you are invited to the bigger sponsors. The visuals look stunning, racing at night feels great, the cities are very well made and detailed and if you increase the volume then the rude engines screaming for the next shift will be the perfect melody for it. I have yet to play more but it seems to be a decent amount of content. The High Res Texture Pack is again a welcome add-on to increase the visuals to a more crispy look.

I have no idea if the Season Pass is worth but it sure is mighty tempting at 50% OFF, only time will tell if I have the need to have more content but so far, I'm extremely satisfied and glad I have to chance to play it.
Sorry, I know that this might been to opposite of what you wanted to hear my good man. :/

xBladeM6x

What I'm looking for are more good arcade-style racers on Steam. I know you guys consider GRID (the first one) an "arcade racer", but to me it feels extremely sim-like. What's out there on Steam for someone who enjoys stuff like Burnout and Ridge Racer? (I have Burnout Paradise, which I enjoy, and Ridge Racer: Unbounded, which isn't bad for what it is, though it plays more like a Burnout wannabe than a Ridge game.)

You have my clicks, sah.

I'm my opinion, GRID definitely feels more sim. Which is why I was so confused when he said it was arcadey. If you're looking for something less sim like, definitely get Dirt 3, Dirt 2, and GRID 2 (It's a sweet spot between arcade and sim). It's extremely fun. Also, try out Next Car Game. Hilarious fun.

75% during winter sale.

Grid 2 got a complete edition later.

Hey good point.

It's liable to be a featured deal in the near future (Autumn/Winter Sale).

Totally true. Has to be, right?

Game is fun... I can say it's not a waste of money

Dammit.

22n0jI7.jpg

If you been a fan of Grid 1 but were somewhat disappointed with Grid 2 then Grid Autosport might be the best between the older two entries. The High Res Texture Pack is again a welcome add-on to increase the visuals to a more crispy look.

I was in that fan of Grid, disappointed in 2 boat, so I dig what you're saying! Nice tip on the texture pack too. Thanks!

FloatOn

I will never understand why no online hurts games that are probably best played locally anyway.

Is it really so hard to get people in your house?

I will never understand why no online hurts games that are probably best played locally anyway.

I think if you are a child, its still okay. You often visit friends, meet with them more often.
Nowadays my friends are living all over the place.

Mono

I think if you are a child, its still okay. You often visit friends, meet with them more often.

Exactly; it's a lot harder to find a time to get together like that as an adult, especially with VOIP and online modes on most multiplayer games. Still is funner to play locally, IMO!

The_Monk

I was in that fan of Grid, disappointed in 2 boat, so I dig what you're saying! Nice tip on the texture pack too. Thanks!

No problem, do you also plan on getting the Season Pass? I think they recently added the last add-on to the game and I've never been a big fan of such paid content. I don't think I can push 60 FPS with that texture pack but I'll be happy with an average of 50FPS with some eye-candy cars! ;)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How many keys are traders asking for BoI Rebirth? I assume 3-4.5? (including the loyalty discount)

Mokoi

Banned

Umm yeah it is when you got friends in different locations, and who don't even play pc games. Local play is not always ideal, and online is a huge plus for me. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

FloatOn

what? adulthood is marked by not having friends you actually spend time with?

I've got friends all over the world too but I'd be pretty fucking depressed if I had no one to chill with.

r3n4ud

I've got friends all over the world too but I'd be pretty fucking depressed if I had no one to chill with.
Well, this is exactly the reason why I have three kids. It's perfect for local-coop gaming. Believe me, I thought this through many years ago.

Sure but as an adult I would say its harder to find the time than when I was a child and every one of my friends were in the same position and we could say:
"Hey. Lets meet after school and play a game."

If I would ask one of my friends now it would be
"Gf planned something."
"I still have to work at that time."
"Dont have a car."

I would say its harder to to find time to meet with friends and then play some games with them. And who knows if they would really like the game.

FloatOn

Well, this is exactly the reason why I have three kids. It's perfect for local-coop gaming. Believe me, I thought this through many years ago.

you are a good dad.

IF I ever have kids one of the things I look forward to most is showing them the games I grew up on.

Sure but as an adult I would say its harder to find the time than when I was a child and every one of my friends were in the same position and we could say:
"Hey. Lets meet after school and play a game."

If I would ask one of my friends now it would be
"Gf planned something."
"I still have to work at that time."
"Dont have a car."

I would say its harder to to find time to meet with friends and then play some games with them. And who knows if they would really like the game.

Of course it's harder to schedule things. But this isn't just exclusive to games. If you can manage to organize a house party surely organizing a local game night can't be that much harder.

Booze + pizza + games can be a pretty decent motivator.

AHA-Lambda

It's different, people have much more commitments and responsibilities when older and friends can move.

I understand the focus on local play but I still think that online should be an option in these games.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If I never played a LEGO game, which one is the best to start with?

Edit: Steam is kinda killing me. I looked at the 15&#8364; price tag for BoI and though "Wow, hoooow much?" -___-
Again, I played 250 hours of the "first" one

Lomax

Edmund is such a troll (BoI:Rebirth System Requirements):
NgsWmTn.jpg

Edit: Already #3 #2 on top sellers list. I enjoy having it on top of my wishlist so I'll hold out until I can sell some more cards.

Any word of gamepad support on Rebirth?

Definite controller support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom