• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion you want to have is needed, but BoI should not be part of it.

Fair enough. I suppose I was probably a little butthurt about the price and discount at first, and my original post was a little too hostile towards BoI:R. I probably would have been better off using it as a segue for my bigger concern.

I apologize to any Isaac fans. I wasn't necessarily trying to belittle the game, just trying (poorly) to bring up a different, larger discussion.

You're saying this is worse than EA slapping a new year on each iteration of Madden instead of selling new rosters as DLC?

Where did I ever say that? There are shitty practices all over, but Madden has absolutely zero relevance to my argument.

Also, I'd like to point out that, no, I didn't get BoI from a bundle. And even if I had, that doesn't lessen my right to a) the discount, or b) have an opinion on the price, and how the whole thing should be handled.

Tizoc

Based Putin (and Quold). BoI: Rebirth for 5,25€.

keep-calm-and-hail-mother-russia.png

dZyQgU7.jpg

Lomax

Does using Paypal on Steam normally assess a fee? My girlfriend just went to make her first actual purchase on Steam (BoI:Rebirth) and when she clicked Paypal it wants to charge her $10.99. I've never used Paypal on Steam but I've never heard anyone else mention that before.

Sharkiller

Does using Paypal on Steam normally assess a fee? My girlfriend just went to make her first actual purchase on Steam (BoI:Rebirth) and when she clicked Paypal it wants to charge her $10.99. I've never used Paypal on Steam but I've never heard anyone else mention that before.
Some countries add VAT

edit: sorry dp

derExperte

Speaking of SR4, apparently there's a widespread problem with its sound output on Windows 8, they even link to a user-made guide in the official FAQ. http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276278111 Unfortunately so far nothing has helped and I gotta ask why they haven't done anything to fix the problem (some codec thing) other than posting a few things that worked for themselves. Thanks for nothing, I'll keep that in mind when your next game comes around.

Thanks random Steam forum dude who finally posted a solution. Start Steam's Big Picture mode and then start Saints Row 4 from there. Tadaaaa, the sound is as it should be. And again a big fuck you to Volition who don't give a shit.

Also is it me or is SR4 worse than SR3? The main missions aren't nearly as fun(ny) and while there's more variety on the side I don't enjoy the side stuff nearly as much. The super powers are great of course.

Binding of Isaac is #1, so of course everyone on Steam has terrible taste.

They also like Valve games.

Another day, another shitty indie title. And surprise, it's 2D, I can't and won't play that rubbish anymore. I mean do you see me watching b/w or silent movies? It's 2014.

Ozium

So your friend mr. "Buzz Games™" (I'm guessing Games is his middle name and trademark his last name?) who is part of the Freedom! partnership (partnerships are on user's profile page BTW) and has ads activated on the video and on the side bar is not monetizing videos and has no partnership?

Nice bullshit.

PTw1w.gif

classic mik

So I haven't gotten any crashes during gameplay in DR3, but it's crashed in cutscenes twice now. And this has as many or more artifacts than State of Decay. And unlike that game my GPU isn't even getting all that warm.

Chariot

So, 12 hours into Saint's Row IV and my fears couldn't get confirmation. Game is fun, even if a lot of it is just Saints Row III with a bit of flavor. I may have the advantage that I came with Saints Row III into the franchise and am a big friend of silly and crazy. So the complaints the poor people who loved the first two Saint Rows simply doesn't matter to me. Super powers are a blast. I ran around without having to put up with vehicles.

Vehicles are something I don't like about the game. Cars are kinda ok, but I could scream, every time I sit in some aircraft. The controls are simply not mine and I have to force me through missions that require them. Them and the tanks have also the problem that the vehicles turn when I simply want to look around me or aim the canon somewhere else. I hate vehicles.

But other than that I enjoy the crazy humor, the two DLCs were pretty funny, too.
I use Paypal and I ain't have to pay no fee.

DocSeuss

Another day, another shitty indie title. And surprise, it's 2D, I can't and won't play that rubbish anymore. I mean do you see me watching b/w or silent movies? It's 2014.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, because of the sheer number of people I know who think black and white or silent movies are bad.

The Binding of Isaac is like the Plan 9 of Outer Space of video games. :p

_hekk05

Banned
zdgh9mdqvcx2t3afa0p7.jpg

Also gurumin got greenlighted? Good. Looking forward to playing it again!
I might have forgotten to comment, but whatever

Lomax

Some countries add VAT

edit: sorry dp

We're in the US, sorry, should have clarified that. I really can't see any reason for it, it's really weird. It almost seems like a glitch but I just checked on my account and it is doing the same thing, adding a fee when I go to pay through Paypal . Of course it's been so long since I spent real money on Steam that this could have been the case for a while now and I'm just noticing. It seems to be adding 9.5%, which is well over my state's tax rate as well. When paying with just a card directly on Steam the fee doesn't show up.

I use Paypal and I ain't have to pay no fee.

Yeah that's what's really weird to me, I'm sure if suddenly everyone had a 9.5% bump in what they were being charged by using Paypal lots of people would be raising a fit. But that's what it's doing here, a $10.04 item goes to Paypal as $10.99 and a $14.99 item goes in at $16.41.

Edit: Apparently other people have had the same issue, but are saying if you actually make the purchase it doesn't charge that much. Still, very odd:
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/540744937017781423/
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/35222218595260549/

When was the last time Civ V: Brave New World got a discount on GMG? Also should I even bother getting Gods & Kings?

I stopped playing Civ V because I lack the DLC.

So I posted this in the rebirth trailer thread and figured I have a better chance of getting an answer here.

Quick question on vanilla: How do I increase the frame rate? I know it runs on flash and that it's contingent on cpu rather than gpu. I read somewhere about dedicating a core to it so I changed the affinity to one core only but it still seems to be dropping. I played on my girlfriend's macbook once and it played beautifully. Someone help pls :(

EdmondD

Man, Sniper Elite V2 really is not for me.

I played it for the cards and just could not enjoy it. Promptly uninstalled it but I think I will go back and play it some more eventually. Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2 are really good though. I really enjoyed those but they are basically the same game just added horror theme.

Chariot

When was the last time Civ V: Brave New World got a discount on GMG? Also should I even bother getting Gods & Kings?

You should totally be fine without G&K if you have BNW. Everything that is part of the new game mechanics in G&K is included in BNW. You only lack a few maps and maybe some leader, idk. In any case nothing important.

zkylon

zkylewd
"I'm a stealth game!" "Except I'm not, not really!"
yeah, it's not good

i feel like this game would be infinitely better if they removed movement altogether and was just a collection of sections like that one from cod4 where you shoot the evil russian guy's arm off

just like you, your target, the wind and a mean looking sniper rifle.

mossypne

Just built a PC for the first time and my games list is looking about low. What are some games i should pick up?

Also feel free to add me XiiMoss

Copons

LOL so apparently mik7697 is Italian?
It's not like we really needed some other outstanding personalities after, I dunno, Berlusconi or Mussolini.
or me

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Please reutrn your username.

You can safely skip Gods & Kings, but BNW is crucial.

rtcn63

LOL so apparently mik7697 is Italian?
It's not like we really needed some other outstanding personalities after, I dunno, Berlusconi or Mussolini.
or me

I can picture mik saying "pls gimme keys" to Hollande and Merkel. Shadownet is Angela Merkel pre-German industrialism.

Sharkiller

We're in the US, sorry, should have clarified that. I really can't see any reason for it, it's really weird. It almost seems like a glitch but I just checked on my account and it is doing the same thing, adding a fee when I go to pay through Paypal . Of course it's been so long since I spent real money on Steam that this could have been the case for a while now and I'm just noticing. It seems to be adding 9.5%, which is well over my state's tax rate as well. When paying with just a card directly on Steam the fee doesn't show up.

Yeah that's what's really weird to me, I'm sure if suddenly everyone had a 9.5% bump in what they were being charged by using Paypal lots of people would be raising a fit. But that's what it's doing here, a $10.04 item goes to Paypal as $10.99 and a $14.99 item goes in at $16.41.

Edit: Apparently other people have had the same issue, but are saying if you actually make the purchase it doesn't charge that much. Still, very odd:
http://steamcommunity.com/discussion...4937017781423/
if the extra money is separate is for verification purpose of new payment method. you need to enter how many cents you get charged on some steam page. after that they never charge that cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom