• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
LOL so apparently mik7697 is Italian?
It's not like we really needed some other outstanding personalities after, I dunno, Berlusconi or Mussolini. or me

image.php

Lomax

if the extra money is separate is for verification purpose of new payment method. you need to enter how many cents you get charged on some steam page. after that they never charge that cents.

I guess that could be it, though 9.5% rapidly becomes more than just a few cents. And still, with no explanation beforehand the whole thing is pretty strange. Guess I'll just chalk it up to Steam's crappy interface.

Copons

I can picture mik saying "pls gimme keys" to Hollande and Merkel. Shadownet is Angela Merkel pre-German industrialism.

This made me laugh loud, but I blame all the whiskey I had before
and thank you Mad Men for these fucked up habits

Also BRB going to beg for keys at the nearest EU grants store.

bronson

I got this Steam message in my email:

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD-key.

Should I be worried? What does it mean in English?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow what the fuck. I preloaded on Wednesday, everything went fine. I guess there was a day one update but Steam has been stuck on 99% and says Busy Writing to Disk for ages now.

Reposting this from the DR3 performance thread. Anyone know what's up?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I got this Steam message in my email:

Should I be worried? What does it mean in English?

You're fine. Someone just tried to enter a key you already redeemed, it was likely a key available to the public.

Hell no, the Add-Ons add wonderful features to the game, some of which I missed from Civ IV

Civ IV Rhye's and Fall of Civilization is still the best Civ related thing ever, but Civ V is more appealing for newcomers to the franchise.

Sharkiller

I guess that could be it, though 9.5% rapidly becomes more than just a few cents. And still, with no explanation beforehand the whole thing is pretty strange. Guess I'll just chalk it up to Steam's crappy interface.
nvm I read that this verification only apply to CC used directly, not paypal. so in steam say 10 but in paypal 11? Strange.

Grief.exe

So I posted this in the rebirth trailer thread and figured I have a better chance of getting an answer here.

Quick question on vanilla: How do I increase the frame rate? I know it runs on flash and that it's contingent on cpu rather than gpu. I read somewhere about dedicating a core to it so I changed the affinity to one core only but it still seems to be dropping. I played on my girlfriend's macbook once and it played beautifully. Someone help pls :(

It's a limitation of flash. You will just see slowdown in certain scenarios.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Let me guess, you not only like 2D but pretend to enjoy gameplayless social justice warrior propaganda like Gone Home which, together with 2D indies, is slowly killing AAA gaming. Despicable.

Ha, jokes on you I actually don't like Gone Home :p
I also cought up to your very subtle deceit. Can't fool me
again

It's not like we really needed some other outstanding personalities after, I dunno, Berlusconi or Mussolini.
or me

Whatever, you make good Pizza. You can do whatever you want as far as I'm concerned as long as you don't take away the pizza.
I can't tell if that's racist

milena87

It's not like we really needed some other outstanding personalities after, I dunno, Berlusconi or Mussolini.
or me

Pfft, you know we are a deepless abyss of questionable people.

A shame that some of our greatest minds aren't as well known as others...

Anyway, seeing The Witcher 3 in my library is kinda upsetting me. I want it now @_@

Copons

Pfft, you know we are a deepless abyss of questionable people.

A shame that some of our greatest minds aren't as well known as others...

Don't you dare making fun of Razzi. AFAIK he's now in India with high diplomatic duties to negotiate our marò freedom. Respect.
also Del Piero is there playing in the Indian soccer league for the same reason I guess? :D

I didn't care all that much for Sniper Elite V2, but I've found Sniper Elite 3 to be much better. Might be the level design, dunno. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Edit: Thinking on it more... The enemy tagging and highlighting is great, and the 3 stage alert for firing the sniper/loud things feels nice. There are more opportunities to fire the sniper with sound masking as well, which is good. And the level design is more interesting and feels more open.

milena87

Don't you dare making fun of Razzi. AFAIK he's now in India with high diplomatic duties to negotiate our marò freedom. Respect.
also Del Piero is there playing in the Indian soccer league for the same reason I guess? :D

It's obvious that they hoped Del Piero was going to suffice, but apparently soccer in India isn't as big as they hoped, yet.
Razzi was plan B. We need to deploy him only for the most delicate situations, though. He's too brilliant to follow easier things.

derExperte

It's obvious that they hoped Del Piero was going to suffice, but apparently soccer in India isn't as big as they hoped, yet.
Razzi was plan B. We need to deploy him only for the most delicate situations, though. He's too brilliant to follow easier things.

Wow, didn't know he is still active. I mean he's even older than me, almost 40. :O

Copons

Wow, didn't know he is still active. I mean he's even older than me, almost 40. :O

Well he went to play in India exactly because he's too old to play in Europe. :p

Just to clarify, we're joking because there's this weird thing going on in all or Facebook feeds, where some people are loudly asking for our government/VIPs (including Del Piero, just because he's now playing in India :D ) to bring back 2 Italian marines who are detained in India for having accidentally fired against and killed some Indian fishermen.
It eventually became super funny because it's not unusual to read stuff like "yeah our government allows immigrants from everywhere to come here and steal our jobs/whatever, but they don't give a fuck about bringing back our soldiers!!1"

Annubis

I would do anything for love, but I won't play Gat.

I'm wondering if they'd let you play Gat OR Kinzie.
If they let me play Kinzie, it's an instant buy for me as she's by far my favorite character from 3 & 4.

EDIT:
LOL, I am one pretty retarded guy...
Directly in the text:
Play as Johnny Gat or Kinzie Kensington – For the first time ever, play as the fan favorites Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington, alone or in 2-player online co-op.

rtcn63

If they let me play Kinzie, it's an instant buy for me as she's by far my favorite character from 3 & 4.

I liked SR3 ginger Kinzie better than SR4 "bad dye job" Kinzie. Don't linger, go ginger.

Shadownet

Banned
I can picture mik saying "pls gimme keys" to Hollande and Merkel. Shadownet is Angela Merkel pre-German industrialism.

I don't understand this reference.

also someone come rescue me. Work is soooooo boring! Its Friday and the mall is completely empty!

Deitus

They better. Yeah, she is the best character. I'll probably wait for a sale, but I'll definitely be playing as Kinzie as well.

I do wonder if you can import your customized main character from 3/4 though. Watching that trailer was weird, because The Boss in my version of Saint's Row looks nothing like that. It's like watching videos with Male Shepard.

milena87

Flash mob time! Everyone go bother Shadownet at work! >.>

I'll need an address. Oh, and a plane ticket

Hmmm... I found a key for Wasteland 2, but I guess Modbot is dead atm :/

I chose the option for Modbot to repost the giveaway. Will it actually do it even if I don't post it the first time? I'm planning to go to sleep :p

And if it won't, I guess I'll just nuke the key tomorrow and try again.

Annubis

I do wonder if you can import your customized main character from 3/4 though. Watching that trailer was weird, because The Boss in my version of Saint's Row looks nothing like that. It's like watching videos with Male Shepard.

That'd be nice since you could import it pretty easily from your online account.

Mine had no dick and a lot more estrogen... soooooooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom