• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth 15 bucks what? same for Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition. Whenever they release the game on PS4, the same game gets the same OVER price on Steam. Why? Is this the new trend? I hope Steam games won't start to have console prices.

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth 15 bucks what? same for Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition. Whenever they release the game on PS4, the same game gets the same OVER price on Steam. Why? Is this the new trend? I hope Steam games won't start to have console prices.
There's a loyalty discount for owners of the previous Isaac. The same was the case (but only for a limited time, which is dumb) with Guac Turbo.

BTW, PS+ users are supposedly getting Isaac Rebirth for free.

Echoplx

If you own the originals Rebirth is $10 and Guacamelee is $5

Seems ok to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I don't know about Isaac, but Guac sans the loyalty discount is $15 on PSN, too.

There's a loyalty discount for owners of the previous Isaac. The same was the case (but only for a limited time, which is dumb) with Guac Turbo.

BTW, PS+ users are supposedly getting Isaac Rebirth for free.

Guac's loyalty discount is still valid for another few weeks, at least on Steam.

JaseC

Ah, nice. Loyalty discounts being permanent should be the rule, not the exception. 2K takes the cake for Blands: The Pre-Sequel's being 10% and only valid for the duration of the publisher weekend.

Edit: I should note that the 10% discount is itself not bad as said figure is the norm for pre-purchase discounts on new titles that aren't remasters or remakes, but the weekend-long duration was most certainly poor form.

Ah, nice. Loyalty discounts being permanent should be the rule, not the exception. 2K takes the cake for Blands: The Pre-Sequel's being 10% and only valid for the duration of the publisher weekend.
The Metro Redux discounts were temporary as well. I hate when that happens.

JaseC

Oh? Looks like im waiting for a sale then. I have no idea why they'd charge so much for what should be a free patch.

That can be argued for Last Light Redux, but 2033 Redux is practically a remake.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, but then realized that if Valve made it so loyalty discounts had to be permanent if they were offered then we probably just wouldn't get any.

maty

Anyway, I'm having a bit of trouble picking out the next game I should play -- figured I'd bounce the list off you guys and see if you have any good suggestions.

There's two lists, one is of games I started at some point but did not reach the end of and the other is games that are #NEXT UP for one reason or another. I'm willing to consider any in the list if you guys have any strong recommendations:

2014-09-06_01-08-08.png

2014-09-06_01-11-34.png

Games I finished and playtime:

Recommended
Super Meat Boy - 60 hours (I played a lot trying get the achievements for beating the worlds without dying and collecting everything so you can take several hours off if you only want to beat it)

Volgarr- 8 hours (just finished it with ending C, still need to get ending B and A)

The Bridge - 9 hours (got all achievements. Nice puzzle game)

Don't bother
Bad Bots - 6 hours (mediocre and monotonous game)

I started some games you show above but since I've barely played themI don't know if they are good until the end or not.

Freaking Dead Rising 3 just crashed on me right at the start of the battle
with the crazy zen master.
Goddamn Capcom.
I haven't even made it that far. I'm running around doing sidequests and saving every 40 seconds or so just so I don't lose progress. It's crashing every 5 minutes or less now.

Kanokare

When anything goes wrong in my life at least I know I can fall back to CS:GO for a bit.
Hope I don't lose my hands any time soon in some freak accident :|

Echoplx

The official SteamOS doesn't wipe drives anymore does it? Hard to find up to date info on this.

I'm bored and want to test it out on a partition.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I was scrolling through as I was prepping this post and saw that wasteland 2 giveaway.
My first reaction was "HOLY SCHNIKES, WHEN DOES IT END?!"
And then my reaction was "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"

Anyway, I'm having a bit of trouble picking out the next game I should play -- figured I'd bounce the list off you guys and see if you have any good suggestions.

There's two lists, one is of games I started at some point but did not reach the end of and the other is games that are #NEXT UP for one reason or another. I'm willing to consider any in the list if you guys have any strong recommendations:

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/2014-09-06_01-08-08.png
[IMG]http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/2014-09-06_01-11-34.png[/QUOTE]

I really should bang out RAGE real quick...

You're #Finish list is pretty meh, I'd move on to #Next.

You have so many CoD games, aren't they rilly spensive?

Valdis might be good. It never really grabbed me, but I can see why people are so high on it. It's a little too shoot-em-up/street fighter/Nintendo hard with the bosses and and reaching map secrets using cancels. I only beat the first 3-4 bosses.

I beat both Witchers and pre-ordered Witcher 3 despite not liking them all that much, strangely enough. But every game opens up more and more. I loved Skyrim, but didn't like Witcher as much because I felt like I was in certain areas way too long and forced into doing things in a certain order. The benefit is that the story is a lot deeper and more accessible than that of Skyrim. I'm really hoping part 3 marries Elder Scrolls to the Witcher.

I've heard nothing but goodness about Divinity. I have such a backlog that I'm not buying that game for more than 10 bucks. With Wasteland 2 out this month and Pillars of Eternity around the corner, I have more than enough CRPG to last me -and I just beat Shadowrun Returns last week!

Having played it a bit last night, and being the obsessive rhythm-game fan i man, i wish Sega would put the Project Diva games on Steam. I mean, the card money would be through the roof for that too. I just need more music-rhythm games in my life.

JaseC

I was thinking the same thing the other day, but then realized that if Valve made it so loyalty discounts had to be permanent if they were offered then we probably just wouldn't get any.

I didn't mean to suggest that Valve should literally mandate that loyalty discounts have to be permanent, just that permanent ones shouldn't be the exception.

So I'm watching The Dark Knight Returns, it makes me want a a Batman game where you put Superman in his place. He doesn't get his ass kicked nearly enough.

I hope when Rocksteady says it's the last Arkham game, they mean under the Arkham name, because let's be honest, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner with that title, it was a dumb idea keeping it past City. Maybe they could move onto Batman and the Justice League or something like that. I certainly don't want them to get stuck as "that Superhero Studio," I want to see what else they can come up with on their own, but nobody else has made a superhero game anywhere near as good as Rocksteady does Batman, so I'd like them to keep it in the mix.

Deitus

Freaking Dead Rising 3 just crashed on me right at the start of the battle
with the crazy zen master.
Goddamn Capcom.

Just beat that guy. It's a pretty cool fight, except the melee combat in this game (well this whole series really) is so clunky.

I fortunately haven't had any crashes, but I have had crazy load times. At one point I reverted to a checkpoint, and it took more than 2 minutes to load. Then there's the crazy streaming issues, where items, textures, and sometimes walls won't load until I'm standing next to them for up to 30 seconds.

I think I'm going to need to move this to my SSD.

I didn't mean to suggest that Valve should literally mandate that loyalty discounts have to be permanent, just that permanent ones shouldn't be the exception.

I recently read something about the loyalty discounts:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235980/discussions/0/540742579508932116/#c616187203915785719

Hi there!

It's been a long time since we didn't check the forums :/ We received emails recently and we contacted Valve to understand why the "Owners of Blocks That Matter receive 25% off" was not working even if the sentence was still on the Store Page.

Here is a quote from our Steam manager:

"The loyalty discount was removed at the start of the Summer Sale, as it would have conflicted with the other discounts. Unfortunately, the tagline was in a separate system, and was not removed as part of this process.

We’ve moved away from indefinite loyalty discounts, as we stopped seeing the benefits after a few weeks, and complications like this would undoubtedly arise. I would recommend against reinstating this discount, and continuing to use weeklong sales to help promote the game."

We were not aware of this removal :( We apology for the wrong info in the Store Page.

Guillaume

While something seems strange about it, I'm not gonna doubt that the dev is telling the truth there. So it seems like Valve is actively encouraging the opposite.

JaseC

I recently read something about the loyalty discounts:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235980/discussions/0/540742579508932116/#c616187203915785719

While something seems strange about it, I'm not gonna doubt that the dev is telling the truth there. So it seems like Valve is actively encouraging the opposite.

Yeah, I know that loyalty discounts interfere with other discounts that arise as by default Steam compounds the two (we saw this earlier in the year with Rising Storm -- those who owned RO2 couldn't buy it as the total discount was over 100%). I wouldn't say that this means Valve's discouraging permanent ones, though; I think it has more to do with what the dev says about the sales benefit dropping off.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I think it is pretty unexcusable to release a port in that state.

Would you guys taken a delay over this?
I know not all people agree on its playability.

Tellaerin

Is there any reason the Steam client would suddenly be asking me to re-verify the email address I have on file? (I'm guessing it's legit - it's showing me the address, and asking if this is correct or if it needs updating - but it's the first time I've seen anything like that suddenly appear, so I'm a little edgy about it. :p )

Anustart

I haven't even looked in there. If people are missing out on tons of great games for incredibly stupid reasons, that's their problem, not mine.

I dunno if its my old age talking but I think the best 2d games are better than any 3d game I've ever played. I dunno if anything will ever match Super Metroid for me.

JaseC

Is there any reason the Steam client would suddenly be asking me to re-verify the email address I have on file? (I'm guessing it's legit - it's showing me the address, and asking if this is correct or if it needs updating - but it's the first time I've seen anything like that suddenly appear, so I'm a little edgy about it. :p )

Steam asks that periodically in an effort to prevent people from being locked out of their accounts if they happen to have forgotten to update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom