• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Finding a retail copy of Rugby Challenge 2 is practically impossible. Literally the only evidence I can find of a physical PC version existing are two product listings on a couple of UK stores (both out of stock) and a listing on an NZ site that says it might be available in-store. I also found a key on a CD key reseller's site, but it went out of stock as I was checking out. I think I'll have to put RC2 in the "loss" column.

I assume given that you're writing it off, you've already given up on tracking down the dev/pub and buying directly from them.

mik7697

Neo Member
Let's be honest, the behavior you exhibited so far was not good. Like Chariot said, all your posts are either begging, spamming or desperately trying to defend yourself because another member called you out. I don't agree with the people that are still overly aggressive towards you, but I can't fault them either, since we have history with some members that were behaving similarly and it didn't end well for them. At this point, you should just let it go and try to contribute with meaningful discussion, if you can't do this then you should probably stop posting

I'll try to do my best i promise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I assume given that you're writing it off, you've already given up on tracking down the dev/pub and buying directly from them.

Yeah, I contacted Mario (GAF's resident Sidhe rep), but he said his hands are tied as the game was pulled due to one of the licences expiring. He did also say that the publisher is toying with the idea of having the offender patched out so the game can be sold again as it only had a year on shelves, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Edit: The game is listed on Play-Asia. I ticked the "Track it down for me!" box, so let's see if anything comes of it.

The_Monk

I was under the impression, somehow, that Dirt 2 & Dirt 3 were going to have a patch for Steamworks this year. It must be a dream. Didn't they were going to announce Dirt 4 by now? I saw some teaser long time ago, I sure hope they focus more on the pure rally events this time. Still, a shame I never got the first Dirt on Steam I know JaseC have it, Priit have it too, pffft. :p

For me, talking rarely helps. When I start venting, I just kinda never stop, and it's unhealthy. What I really need to do is distraction. Hence binging on DR3 this evening, when I should be doing more writing.

I appreciate the offer, though.

Don't mention it, really. I just want to do what I can to keep the Community strong and happy even when some face darker times. Hope you can find a decent distraction, remember that there are many forms of keeping the brain busy besides a little gaming. Always consider more options.

Vuze

With all the technical problems of DR3, lets say something positive: I really like the game itself =) If you didn't like the previous games this one won't convince you, but if you like the formula you get a lot fun out of it.

I also really like it so far, sadly my session was interrupted by a BSOD 5mins ago *sigh*
I really don't get people who are satisfied with the current state (see PC performance thread) and even defend it. As I mentioned before, I think it's great that we get a pc version at all but... you know... they could've done far, far better.

Sendou

Damn Blood Dragon is dope. Takes away everything I disliked about Far Cry 3 and amplifies the good parts. Too bad it's light on content (actually rather good for what it is but I wanted more!)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

While you guys wait for DR3 to become playable you should buy Pivvot (there's a 66% off coupon floating around). It can be compared to Super Hexagon but it's much more forgiving and you get a better sense of progress. Also there a three different ways to play: Looper, Endless, and Voyage but the basic principle is the same: avoid stuff. I ended up putting 2 hours into this game yesterday without realizing it.

Also it has cards that sell for more than normal; I ended up getting more than my money back from selling them.

I concur. Nito gifted me a copy of Pivvot and I've had a lot of fun with it. Very much in the vein of Super Hexagon but with more of a sense of progress. Very cool.

Aaand bought. This reminds that I need to finish the Super Hexagonest stage too

Aerocrane

I was under the impression, somehow, that Dirt 2 & Dirt 3 were going to have a patch for Steamworks this year. It must be a dream. Didn't they were going to announce Dirt 4 by now? I saw some teaser long time ago, I sure hope they focus more on the pure rally events this time. Still, a shame I never got the first Dirt on Steam I know JaseC have it, Priit have it too, pffft. :p

They announced only Dirt 3 for Steamworks conversion. There has been no news since. I guess Codemasters are working on getting their EGO engine ready for new consoles and that is delaying any new announcements. The new F1 game is not going to be on new consoles either.

The_Monk

They announced only Dirt 3 for Steamworks conversion. There has been no news since. I guess Codemasters are working on getting their EGO engine ready for new consoles and that is delaying any new announcements. The new F1 game is not going to be on new consoles either.

Can't wait to check that new engine. Snow, rain, dirt, fog, they can all look amazing.

You mean F1 2014? I think they will release on new consoles too but it's not going to be on the same date as PC, 360 and PS3 which is October 17th (21st in NA). Unless I read it wrong and if I did, I'm sorry.

Now onto new-gen. 2015 will see us release our first title on new-generation platforms. The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates. These updates will deliver 2015 content into the game as the season unfolds, ensuring you’ll be competing against the same drivers and teams you watch week in and week out! The game will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Dr Dogg

Finding a retail copy of Rugby Challenge 2 is practically impossible. Literally the only evidence I can find of a physical PC version existing are two product listings on a couple of UK stores (both out of stock) and a listing on an NZ site that says it might be available in-store. I also found a key on a CD key reseller's site, but it went out of stock as I was checking out. I think I'll have to put RC2 in the "loss" column.

Send us a link of which one you're after and I'll have a look what is in some shops here locally. Retail PC games still live on here surprisingly and Egg Chasing is about the only sport we're competent at these days (well the ones that matter anyhow).

Ruruja

Can't wait to check that new engine. Snow, rain, dirt, fog, they can all look amazing.

You mean F1 2014? I think they will release on new consoles too but it's not going to be on the same date as PC, 360 and PS3 which is October 17th (21st in NA). Unless I read it wrong and if I did, I'm sorry.

Now onto new-gen. 2015 will see us release our first title on new-generation platforms. The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates. These updates will deliver 2015 content into the game as the season unfolds, ensuring you’ll be competing against the same drivers and teams you watch week in and week out! The game will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

I was under the impression they were releasing 2014 on PS3/360/PC only as it's designed in the old engine etc. 2015 will be their first next-gen entry with the new engine and will release on PS4/XBO/PC. Your quote says as much too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Send us a link of which one you're after and I'll have a look what is in some shops here locally. Retail PC games still live on here surprisingly and Egg Chasing is about the only sport we're competent at these days (well the ones that matter anyhow).

http://www.base.com/buy/product/rugby-challenge-2-the-lions-tour-edition-pc/dgc-rugby2pc.htm The game has a few region-specific names, but they all have "Rugby Challenge 2" in the title. Judging from a cursory image search via Google, all versions of have the Tru Blu Games logo on their covers (here's a high-res image of the EU PS3 cover so you know what to look out for). Cheers!

Shadownet

Banned
I'm one PM away from you if you ever need something. I know there's also plenty of GAFfers who can be with you if you need something but I just want to let you know that there's always something positive among all the negative and it's up to us to find that tiny bit and expand it in our lives.

The
Legendary
Monk at work.
Now I understand. :)
SteamGAF resident comfort pillow <3

If you remind I wrote about diablo , deadlight and legend of grimrock...and the results were the same.Hope you will see me in a different way. Some people also fell insulted by me because I sent them a friend request on steam, believe it or not

People aren't insulted that you friend request them. They just prefer not to be associated with you. That's all. Don't worry, I got turned down friend requests as well.

Edit: also DocSeuss if you're reading this.

I just woke up so my brain can't write something elegant. But to keep it short.
fuck people
like that. You wrote an excellent article and I enjoyed what you wrote in the past (before I even knew you) so keep on what you're doing and ignore the haters.

#StayStrong.

Also I feel the same way. I work 3-4 days a week but I feel like I'm not working hard enough on my education. I feel like its time I switch my priorities.

Saty

What's the deal with graphically-unimpressive games taxing my GPU the most? My temp reached 77 celsius playing Gone Home. I remember something similar with Ibn Batuta. Is it the Unity engine? Poor optimization and handling by small indie devs?

Ruruja

What's the deal with graphically-unimpressive games taxing my GPU the most? My temp reached 77 celsius playing Gone Home. I remember something similar with Ibn Batuta. Is it the Unity engine? Poor optimization and handling by small indie devs?

Poorly optimised Unity engine is usually the answer.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Gone Home is a bit notorious for this. I'm pretty sure it is because everything in the house stays loaded at the same time but I could be wrong.

Sini

Cap its framerate with MSI Afterburner or something or turn on vsync. It's probably rendering at ludicrous framerate.

fantomena

Just got a letter from the state/government saying that so far i will receive over 2,500 euros in "summer money" next year because Ive paid a little bit too much in taxes.

tumblr_l7qse5wJZ31qaqggd.gif

mik7697

Neo Member
The
Legendary
Monk at work.
Now I understand. :)
SteamGAF resident comfort pillow <3

People aren't insulted that you friend request them. They just prefer not to be associated with you. That's all. Don't worry, I got turned down friend requests as well.

Edit: also DocSeuss if you're reading this.

I just woke up so my brain can't write something elegant. But to keep it short.
fuck people
like that. You wrote an excellent article and I enjoyed what you wrote in the past (before I even knew you) so keep on what you're doing and ignore the haters.

#StayStrong.

Also I feel the same way. I work 3-4 days a week but I feel like I'm not working hard enough on my education. I feel like its time I switch my priorities.

Thx for the support.In the start i thought you hate me with all your forces(you know, all the speeches for permaban....) but my ideas are differnt now i think you're a good person who's trying to keep this forum clean from bad people so i can say it was a pleasure to have met you =)

hey i'm back again...well you wrote "he tried to add you too" like i did something wrong.. but nevermind today it's my birthday and i wanna leave all that i said to my past pls do the same.
The only place that indicated your nationality as far as I know, is your steam profile, so that's my logical conclusion.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What's the wrestling game the Giant Bomb team has been loving?

mik7697

Neo Member
The only place that indicated your nationality as far as I know, is your steam profile, so that's my logical conclusion.

ah ok i 've read again the speech and i made my conclusions too fast sorry=) lol speaking in english is so damn difficult nowadays

During the tutorial of Injustice, I noticed that my combo inputs were hardly registered by the game at all using x360 controller. It's the controller showing its age, yes?

Shadownet

Banned
Thx for the support.In the start i thought you hate me with all your forces(you know, all the speeches for permaban....) but my ideas are differnt now i think you're a good person who's trying to keep this forum clean from bad people so i can say it was a pleasure to have met you =)

Ehh I kid about permabanning people from my giveaways like all the times. But I only do it sometimes. Only 5 people are on that list. I know you sent me a friend request but I know this might be a mean thing to say and I am sorry. But personally I cannot add you until I feel like you contribute more to SteamGAF. And I dont mean giveaways. Just do what Chariot said, give it time and maybe people will see you in a different light. You just gotta work hard at it.

That's all.

Also: if you're going to quote someone. You can edit and take out everything except the actual message that you need to quote. No need to quote everything. Just a little tip.

mik7697

Neo Member
Ehh I kid about permabanning people from my giveaways like all the times. But I only do it sometimes. Only 5 people are on that list. I know you sent me a friend request but I know this might be a mean thing to say and I am sorry. But personally I cannot add you until I feel like you contribute more to SteamGAF. And I dont mean giveaways. Just do what Chariot said, give it time and maybe people will see you in a different light. You just gotta work hard at it.

That's all.

Also: if you're going to quote someone. You can edit and take out everything except the actual message that you need to quote. No need to quote everything. Just a little tip.

okay man i'll try to let it go and wait some time; thx for the tips

Porcupine

Oh man, the achievements of Dead Rising 3 are also bugged.
There are achievements for the collectables like the Blueprints. If you start a game, collect some, and then start a fresh game, the achievements won't reset to your actual number of collectables and count the collectables from the old game.
Example:
If there are 100 Blueprints and you collect 20 in your first game, then start a new game, you will get the achievements for collecting all the blueprints if you collect 80 in your second game, without actually having them all!

During the tutorial of Injustice, I noticed that my combo inputs were hardly registered by the game at all using x360 controller. It's the controller showing its age, yes?

Maybe. But from memory there is an issue with diagonals not being registered, which may be your issue. I can't remember the exact fix, but should be easy enough to find if that is your problem (mk9 pc diagonals).

Shadownet

Banned
okay man i'll try to let it go and wait some time; thx for the tips

Good luck. My opinion about you are slowly changing. If it make you feel any better. I was a crappy member of SteamGAF too before I tighten up my act and started contributing more in my own ways. I mean I'm still an idiot sometimes and doing bad things. But some of this stuff you just gotta watch and learn from other members.

You should have seen me during Alpacapocalypse + waifumania... Those were dark times.

Maybe. But from memory there is an issue with diagonals not being registered, which may be your issue. I can't remember the exact fix, but should be easy enough to find if that is your problem (mk9 pc diagonals).
Thanks, will check it out. Xbone launches at the end of September here, I'll get a controller then.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Steam GAF is still best GAF. I'm not too well known in this community but I have a blast and learn a lot just from reading.

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks, will check it out. Xbone launches at the end of September here, I'll get a controller then.

Where are you from bro? Can't be Japan since the Xbone just launched there, and no one bother even going to the launch event anywhere haha.

I saw some pictures. It was sad.

Where are you from bro? Can't be Japan since the Xbone just launched there, and no one bother even going to the launch event anywhere haha.

I saw some pictures. It was sad.
Taiwan, Singapore and HK are also launching at the same time. Why is MS putting Japan before us, it's not like Xbone is going to sell a lot or anything, no rush to meet its doom right?

Shadownet

Banned

Sendou

How crucial is Arkham Origins DLC? I kind of want to play something like that now but I'm not sure if I should wait until I have gotten the DLC for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom