• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pop:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pop, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Boo Bunny Plague -- MB-2BADE4B6FB76EFE2 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Boo Bunny Plague was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Steam Gift
Any problems just pm me

mik7697

Neo Member
LOL so apparently mik7697 is Italian?
It's not like we really needed some other outstanding personalities after, I dunno, Berlusconi or Mussolini.
or me

you can reconnect me only as Berlusconi or mussolini, as an italian, seriously? omg I don't wanna live on this planet anymore....

Porcupine

The people defending the Dead Rising 3 port and telling people to buy better hardware are hilarious. And by hilarious I mean infuriating.

I don't understand it when people defend the developers. It's simple, you buy a product for money and have a right, that the product works like the way it should.
Would someone defend a company selling vacuum cleaners if it wouldn't clean as it should?
Sure, video games can be an emotional thing sometimes, but there is no justification for a product, that doesn't work the way it should.

I don't understand it when people defend the developers. It's simple, you buy a product for money and have a right, that the product works like the way it should.
Would someone defend a company selling vacuum cleaners if it wouldn't clean as it should?
Sure, video games can be an emotional thing sometimes, but there is no justification for a product, that doesn't work the way it should.
Exactly. And seriously:
Having issues holding 30fps at the recommended spec is a problem.
Having issues with wildly fluctuating framerates from 60fps to 30-ish fps on enthusiast-level hardware is a problem.
The game crashing incessantly on the latest drivers is a problem.

There isn't anything else to it.

Arthea

that's very wrong example, though. Does every house have different power source? No, while most PCs are unique. I would like us to acknowledge at least that much of reality, to make a good PC port (or game) is hard work, requiring vast knowledge and even luck. For example, if you release your game before major drivers update, you have no clue how it will work with updated drivers, what seems to be problem with DR3, no?

Porcupine

Exactly. And seriously:
Having issues with wildly fluctuating framerates from 60fps to 30-ish fps on enthusiast-level hardware is a problem.

Good to see some people with the right mind set ;)

that's very wrong example, though. Does every house have different power source? No, while most PCs are unique. I would like us to acknowledge at least that much of reality, to make a good PC port (or game) is hard work, requiring vast knowledge and even luck. For example, if you release your game before major drivers update, you have no clue how it will work with updated drivers, what seems to be problem with DR3, no?

Sure, there can be problems with these kind of things anytime. But in this case this game has so many problems, that it can't be justified by something like drivers (which isn't the only problem) or different hardware. And the developer must have known this before releasing the game. But instead of delaying, they published an unfinished, bugged and problematic version.

AHA-Lambda

Exactly. And seriously:

The only way they will learn is to speak with your wallet, and don't pre-order games until you know how good of a port it is. The minute it effects their bottom line is the minute they start doing something about it.

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that this wasn't pointed toward you Marco, just in general, if we all would stop pre-ordering something might change because the developers and publishers will have to earn their money by having a good port and not just how nice of pre-order bonus or discount they give us.

that's very wrong example, though. Does every house have different power source? No, while most PCs are unique. I would like us to acknowledge at least that much of reality, to make a good PC port (or game) is hard work, knowledge and even luck. For example if you release your game before major drivers update, you have no clue how it will work with updated drivers, what seems to be problem with DR3, no?
I could understand driver issues more if the current ones hadn't been out for a month already by the time the game released. But then again that may not have been enough time to sort that out. I don't presume to know much.

mik7697

Neo Member
guys I'm gonna repeat myself again -.-''''. I just linked two videos from a youtube channel and i didn't obliged you to go watch it, i simply asked you "if you have some free time" to leave a feedback. I don't know anything about monetization on youtube and on my friend's channel and I didn't either imagine to make you go visit him for money.I'm sorry if you thought that but I have to admit people always find the bad aspect of my posts....always...and right now I don't feel myself a part of the community

DocSeuss

Dead Rising 3 is wonderful. The script is just lovely.

I don't have anywhere to talk about this next bit, so, hey, click if you dare.

In other news, somebody who used to love bitching about me and my writing all the time is having a really, really hard time coming to terms with the fact that I wrote a pretty well-received article. Several Bungie, ex-Bungie, and 343 people seem to have taken a look at it and liked it quite a bit, which makes me very happy. But this person wrote some big multi-paragraph screed about how wanting to be a paid journalist somehow makes me a bad person or something.

It's really bumming me out. It shouldn't. I mean, I am kinda tickled about it too... but also bummed.

Aerocrane

The Crew pre-order costs 49.99€ on Steam & Uplay while sites like Green Man Gaming sell it for 39.99€. Even physical version of the game is being sold for 39.99€. Has there been any other Ubisoft game with this sort of pricing difference?

In other news, somebody who used to love bitching about me and my writing all the time is having a really, really hard time coming to terms with the fact that I wrote a pretty well-received article. Several Bungie, ex-Bungie, and 343 people seem to have taken a look at it and liked it quite a bit, which makes me very happy. But this person wrote some big multi-paragraph screed about how wanting to be a paid journalist somehow makes me a bad person or something.

It's really bumming me out. It shouldn't. I mean, I am kinda tickled about it too... but also bummed.
Dead Rising 3 is great. :p I look forward to attempting to play it more :p

I wouldn't even pay the person any thought. I mean unless they're in a position to mess with your progression or something. Otherwise, who cares? Your piece has been well received and this person is just stuffing all those sour grapes into his mouth at once in a last-ditch effort to get at you. And he looks all the more stupid for it.

I thought your article was fantastic, don't let one person get you down when scores of people really like it, can't please everyone, especially people who go out of their way to not be pleased.

Copons

uys I'm gonna repeat myself again -.-''''. I just linked two videos from a youtube channel and i didn't obliged you to go watch it, i simply asked you "if you have some free time" to leave a feedback. I don't know anything about monetization on youtube and on my friend's channel and I didn't either imagine to make you go visit him for money.I'm sorry if you thought that but I have to admit people always find the bad aspect of my posts....always...and right now I don't feel myself a part of the community

Mik, my sincere advice: just let it go.

Even if that YouTube channel is not monetized, it still is: 1) in Italian, and even thought there are plenty of Italian users, this board is English speaking; 2) spam, and you'll notice that very rarely even the veterans spam stuff here.

Keep in mind that when people tell you to cut it out with some behaviour, is not because they randomly hate you. Not even because you started your user history begging for keys. Usually, people are telling you, with harsh manners yes, to respect this board rules.
Complaining about it, is not only useless, but most likely even harmful for you.

So: let it go. Give us some time to forget (and forgive) your "unusual" behaviours, and meanwhile contribute with useful posts. It's very easy, you know!

mik7697

Neo Member
ok men I didn't think it was spam I will just make more attention on what i do; but people also should stop repeating nice...btw; it was funny at the start ok...but now I just feel insulted...I can't even start a conversation that people start making jokes with btw.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Had 3 keys left for Overruled. They might be used, if so I'm sorry in advance but I can't offer you a replacement or anything else at the moment. This is a new, unbundled game and It didn't feel right to do the giveaway as a garbage dump

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Overruled! #3 -- MB-AFDFD3A59D123923 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Overruled! #2 -- MB-419751DB041DBE8B - Taken by The Dear Leader
Overruled! -- MB-073EDAEAFA088783 - Taken by Saty

Enco

Not sure which article you're referencing but people always try to bring others down.

When someone sees a person succeeding they start to feel bad. They secretly want them to fail so that they have an excuse for doing fuck all.

Ignore that asshole.

Had 3 keys left for Overruled. They might be used, if so I'm sorry in advance but I can't offer you a replacement or anything else at the moment. This is a new, unbundled game and It didn't feel right to do the giveaway as a garbage dump

I grabbed the second one and it worked fine, Thanks!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-09-06_11-03-51.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I was scrolling through as I was prepping this post and saw that wasteland 2 giveaway.
My first reaction was "HOLY SCHNIKES, WHEN DOES IT END?!"
And then my reaction was "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"

Anyway, I'm having a bit of trouble picking out the next game I should play -- figured I'd bounce the list off you guys and see if you have any good suggestions.

There's two lists, one is of games I started at some point but did not reach the end of and the other is games that are #NEXT UP for one reason or another. I'm willing to consider any in the list if you guys have any strong recommendations:

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/2014-09-06_01-08-08.png
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/2014-09-06_01-11-34.png]

Three games on the list really scream "Play me now!" to me:

1) Super Meat Boy - how could you have missed this? I have 70-80 hours on it. One of thr best modern 2D plats.
2) Volgarr the Viking - hardcore 16 bit platformer that really makes me nostalgic about the Genesis/Mega Drive for some reason
3) Papers Please! Get in on the Jorji cult.

Chariot

ok men I didn't think it was spam I will just make more attention on what i do; but people also should stop repeating nice...btw; it was funny at the start ok...but now I just feel insulted...I can't even start a conversation that people start making jokes with btw.
Then give us something worthwhile to write about when we talk with you. So far I can only connect you to begging, spamming and whining. How about some nice game impressions, some amazing stories or some weird gaming related events you encountered?

The easiest way of course is posting your beloved anime waifu. SteamGAF love it's waifus and waifu talk.
Don't do that.

DocSeuss

The Halo article posted on Kotaku, to answer your question, Enco. There's a thread about it somewhere.

I think what bugs me is that this was on a community I'd spent seven to ten years on. It's where I honed my skills. It's why I can write at all. And then a couple months ago, the owner and his best buddy got really mad when I said I wasn't cool with something, so they tried to get me banned. An admin quit over it, and I and a friend were banned, lied to, generally abused, and some other shit. Lots of heavy stuff. Really frustrating.

I'm like a golden retriever. I'm super friendly and loyal and when I get hurt by people I get shocked 'cause I operate as if I assume everyone's my friend.

So yeah, bummed.

Also my birthday's coming up, and, like clockwork, I get SUPER depressed around it 'cause I think about how all my time's being wasted not moving forward. I get paid once a month to write about games. I spend the rest of my time in crippling pain wishing I could do more than I do. Yayyyy. :(

But dat dead rising 3, holy crap, it's good.

The_Monk

Morning everyone, hope you are all good and already got your fresh cup of coffee.

Most of Steam Review are useless :D When i see that best rated reviews are 10/10 would play again or similar i want to puke.

I actually try to post some impressions to give a basic view of the game. Most of them are either short or medium size and may not cover every single point of the game but I think some people still read them. My English when writing longer sentences may not be the best as well, but this is something I've been trying to improve and I'm always open to some tips. I only have 11 Reviews but I do plan on keep writing more since I also use them to inform some fine GAFfers about what I thought about a game. :)

Also my birthday's coming up, and, like clockwork, I get SUPER depressed around it 'cause I think about how all my time's being wasted not moving forward. I get paid once a month to write about games. I spend the rest of my time in crippling pain wishing I could do more than I do. Yayyyy. :(

I'm one PM away from you if you ever need something. I know there's also plenty of GAFfers who can be with you if you need something but I just want to let you know that there's always something positive among all the negative and it's up to us to find that tiny bit and expand it in our lives.

mik7697

Neo Member
Then give us something worthwhile to write about when we talk with you. So far I can only connect you to begging, spamming and whining. How about some nice game impressions, some amazing stories or some weird gaming related events you encountered?

If you remind I wrote about diablo , deadlight and legend of grimrock...and the results were the same.Hope you will see me in a different way. Some people also fell insulted by me because I sent them a friend request on steam, believe it or not

dex3108

This is true but trends are helpful.

When 90%+ of people say a game sucks, chances are, it sucks.

Yeah that is true but telling others why game sucks can help gamers and developers. Maybe somebody wants to play bad game and knowing what is bad in that game helps :D

But worst case scenario is when game has 60/40, 50/50 percentage and most reviews are "Play this game it is awesome" and "This game sucks don't buy it".

Also every game with 3rd party client gets worse reviews even though most of the time that doesn't affect game at all.

While you guys wait for DR3 to become playable you should buy Pivvot (there's a 66% off coupon floating around). It can be compared to Super Hexagon but it's much more forgiving and you get a better sense of progress. Also there a three different ways to play: Looper, Endless, and Voyage but the basic principle is the same: avoid stuff. I ended up putting 2 hours into this game yesterday without realizing it.

Also it has cards that sell for more than normal; I ended up getting more than my money back from selling them.

DocSeuss

I'm one PM away from you if you ever need something. I know there's also plenty of GAFfers who can be with you if you need something but I just want to let you know that there's always something positive among all the negative and it's up to us to find that tiny bit and expand it in our lives.

For me, talking rarely helps. When I start venting, I just kinda never stop, and it's unhealthy. What I really need to do is distraction. Hence binging on DR3 this evening, when I should be doing more writing.

I appreciate the offer, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I concur. Nito gifted me a copy of Pivvot and I've had a lot of fun with it. Very much in the vein of Super Hexagon but with more of a sense of progress. Very cool.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finding a retail copy of Rugby Challenge 2 is practically impossible. Literally the only evidence I can find of a physical PC version existing are two product listings on a couple of UK stores (both out of stock) and a listing on an NZ site that says it might be available in-store. I also found a key on a CD key reseller's site, but it went out of stock as I was checking out. I think I'll have to put RC2 in the "loss" column.

kudoboi

so no idea what i did with DR3 but i can get 40 to 50FPS now. maybe a patch fixed it?

didn't lower any settings since my last session either. in fact i changed everything back to max and i was still getting 40 to 50 FPS

previously i was getting 25 to 30 FPS

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If you remind I wrote about diablo , deadlight and legend of grimrock...and the results were the same.Hope you will see me in a different way. Some people also fell insulted by me because I sent them a friend request on steam, believe it or not

Let's be honest, the behavior you exhibited so far was not good. Like Chariot said, all your posts are either begging, spamming or desperately trying to defend yourself because another member called you out. I don't agree with the people that are still overly aggressive towards you, but I can't fault them either, since we have history with some members that were behaving similarly and it didn't end well for them. At this point, you should just let it go and try to contribute with meaningful discussion, if you can't do this then you should probably stop posting

Porcupine

With all the technical problems of DR3, lets say something positive: I really like the game itself =) If you didn't like the previous games this one won't convince you, but if you like the formula you get a lot fun out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom