• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How crucial is Arkham Origins DLC? I kind of want to play something like that now but I'm not sure if I should wait until I have gotten the DLC for it.

It doesn't add anything new to the main campaign. It's just skins,challenge maps and a mini campaign with Mr.Freeze that takes place after the game's events

fantomena

Been playing Sims 4 a bit. From Sims 3 to Sims 4, Sims 4 feels like a SimCity thing.

Which means it's at least a little bit dissapointing.

Shadownet

Banned
All I know about HK's food is Dim Sum, the rest can't be too different from neighboring countries I think.

Can I put myself in a box and ship it straight to you?:3 Omg Dim Sum..
---------
I guess I'm going to stop playing DR3 until an Nvidia update comes out. I don't feel like rolling back to a previous update just for 1 game.

Sendou

It doesn't add anything new to the main campaign. It's just skins,challenge maps and a mini campaign with Mr.Freeze that takes place after the game's events

Oh okay. Sounds like something I'll happily skip. Thanks!

The Mr Freeze DLC is pretty nifty. Fairly certain the DLC goes on sale a lot though, so might as well wait for it.

I guess I could also play the main game now and then the Mr Freeze DLC when it goes on sale.

Ruruja

Anyone looking forward to this?

They're aiming for the crowd who were disappointed with the direction SimCity took. I haven't played their earlier entries but general opinion is they're not as good as SimCity 4, but hopefully this can be an improvement.

Evrain

The Mr Freeze DLC is pretty nifty. Fairly certain the DLC goes on sale a lot though, so might as well wait for it.
Considering the season pass oscillates between $4-$6 I would say it's wiser than purchasing the dlc alone, GOTY edition notwithstanding

Shadownet

Banned
I just realised that Beyond Earth and Football Manager 2015 are released within a couple of weeks of each other. And then there's Binding of Isaac: Rebirth too. I'm doomed, aren't I?

gallery_5_6_24549.jpg

You know. I never play BoI before. What's the gameplay like?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The next couple of months are ridiculous as far as pre-orders are concerned.

- Costume Quest 2 (costumes, shockingly)
- NBA 2K15 ("KD MVP Bonus Pack")
- Ryse (OST)
- Raven's Cry (OST + map + a few items)
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ("Shock Drop Slaughter Pit")
- Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth ("Exoplanets Map Pack")
- Lords of the Fallen (OST + various in-game stuff)
- Call of Doggy: Advanced Woofare (in-game items)
- The Crew (three "Street Edition Packs")

l7hb3Zbl.jpg

C4rter

One Bundle Leftover and one Steam Gift
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle -- MB-75F5DF0272793341 - Taken by shykyoichi. 5 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-FF1D7E811462442A - Taken by Visualante2. 5 entrants total.

t1410014548z1.png

Vastag

Anyone looking forward to this?

They're aiming for the crowd who were disappointed with the direction SimCity took. I haven't played their earlier entries but general opinion is they're not as good as SimCity 4, but hopefully this can be an improvement.

I like the visuals and looks like cities are going to be quite large. I hope that the gameplay is deep enough.

It's called Idle master, but I can't provide a link now.

Link

The_Monk

- Ryse (OST)

What a dangerous list to put it in here indeed Jase, this may not help for the weak. :p

However I did not knew about the Ryse Soundtrack! That's a nice thing to have since I like to have a small, neat collection of them (I have some physical, others digital).

JaseC

What a dangerous list to put it in here indeed Jase, this may not help for the weak. :p

However I did not knew about the Ryse Soundtrack! That's a nice thing to have since I like to have a small, neat collection of them (I have some physical, others digital).

Haha, that's not everything, either. ;) I ignored the games I've already pre-ordered.

Lol, I remember them hyping up the DLC before the game launched, saying it'll be something really great.
I might remember some details a bit wrong though.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

- Costume Quest 2 (costumes, shockingly)
- NBA 2K15 ("KD MVP Bonus Pack")
- Ryse (OST)
- Raven's Cry (OST + map + a few items)
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ("Shock Drop Slaughter Pit")
- Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth ("Exoplanets Map Pack")
- Lords of the Fallen (OST + various in-game stuff)
- Call of Doggy: Advanced Woofare (in-game items)
- The Crew (three "Street Edition Packs")

Preordered all the big Fall releases so far except 3 games that don't interest me :) Only thing left to preorder is GTA V, which judging by the recent steamdb activity should become available soon.

Nabs

So is Guacamelle new version worth it with loyalty discount?

Seems to be just dlc/patch worthy from the description

It actually changes the game and how it plays, so just patching that in would be a complete mess. Lets be real, most of us picked up the game in a bundle. $5 isn't a lot for the amount of new content added.

I'm going to post this again just because

i7outMHARcuAg.png

JaseC

I'm actually optimistic about Ryse, assuming near-linear SLI scaling. I had no trouble running Crysis 3 at 60fps with max settings (AA aside), except for the dam level, which pretty much cut the framerate in half for no discernible reason.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You know, Crytek knows about the technical things and stuff.
Oh, really?
I thought they were always gimmicky.
I'm actually optimistic bout Ryse, assuming near-linear SLI scaling. I lad no trouble running Crysis 3 at 60fps with max settings (AA aside), except for the dam level, which pretty much cut the framerate in half for no discernible reason.
You are like my opposite. I'm a pessimist by nature.

Shadownet

Banned
You are like my opposite. I'm a pessimist by nature.

And yet we still loves the hell out of you.
---
Idk put me in the optimistic camp about Crytek as well. Ryse is one of the few games on Xbox that truly look impressive visually. So while I might not buy it on PC, I can't wait to see what it look like.

The_Monk

Haha, that's not everything, either. ;) I ignored the games I've already pre-ordered.

To be fair I also ignored some of the others you mentioned because it's a strategy I use to avoid further temptation. But I do like my soundtracks every now and then. ;)

Also I wonder if Ryse will ever appear on the PS4. I know it's not up to Deep Silver but to Crytek instead. Either way, chances may be slim to none.

To be fair I also ignored some of the others you mentioned because it's a strategy I use to avoid further temptation. But I do like my soundtracks every now and then. ;)

Also I wonder if Ryse will ever appear on the PS4. I know it's not up to Deep Silver but to Crytek instead. Either way, chances may be slim to none.
They might have a deal with MS about console exclusivity.

What will be really interesting to see if the new Tomb Raider will eventually show up on PS4 at all, or only on PC (after the timed exclusivity).

Free awesome games for everyone!

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wizardry 8 -- MB-E11F944D4E94EBAD - Taken by Perun
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream -- MB-A5EDAE5D64E39650 - Taken by Shadownet
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-CF94B4D832A3EB7C - Taken by GrinningColossus
7th Hour & 11th Hour -- MB-00E24DD172C75AD6 - Taken by diablogod
Shadowman -- MB-1C906F0FBB723882 - Taken by Fare Godmace

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for System Shock 2 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Also Modbot threw an error for System Shock 2 claiming that someone else has registered it before??

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh i'm prolly the only one ever that didn't really enjoy all the silly stuff and just liked the serious saving your daughter story thingie

also i loved the time limit thing

basically i'm the opposite to everyone

i do worry that color palette in new one is drab to the point of looking boring as hell. and i'm against enb/sweetfx on principle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom