• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
spares
ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Shadow Man -- MB-F0DDD596BFA82C6C - Taken by Evrain
Harvester -- MB-5358F721B281F25E - Taken by trailmix16
Wizardry 8 -- MB-FF185F35405B9F89 - Taken by Lomax
System Shock 2 -- MB-EE900D5E2541972B - Taken by L.O.R.D
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-425AC9C4A53BECC5 - Taken by jres80

Dr Dogg

I was just popping out the I saw this in my inventory...
VBljFpd.png

Score!

Teppic

Murdered: Soul Suspect keeps crashing when I enter the house after the first investigation. Any ideas?

Edit: Got it working by adding -dx9 when launching the game.

Dr Dogg

I'm surprised those are so cheap.

I'm surprised 3 have sold. 2 were in and around the £1.50 mark with the other at the 70p mark.

Did you see my reply to your post earlier?

Yep, sorry for not replying didn't want to get your hopes up until I've had a look-see. I'm going past a couple of places in a sec so will stick my head in (and probably get moaned at). I'll let you know when I get back

kiyomi

I always fancy myself a redhead. <3 so don't worry.
---
Oops forgot to ask but I have an i5 processor and a GTX 760 right now. When I get money. Should I buy a new processor or a graphic card?

GPU when the new Nvidias come out. i5s are probably still good for a while yet.

Shadownet

Banned
GPU when the new Nvidias come out. i5s are probably still good for a while yet.

Which one are the new Nvidias? Oh god they're going to cost me $800 aren't they?

Felicia Day is one of the people I'd most love to have a lunch with. Especially about mental illness and gaming. She's very sweet if you ever come into contact with her.

I'd love to have lunch with Ms.Day. I loved every episodes when she was guest starring in Supernatural.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

System Shock 2 -- MB-268511235BFA028A - Taken by darkchewie
There was a slight mixup, here's one of the best FPS's ever.

Sendou

Started playing Antichamber but not really feeling it. I'm having hard time dealing with puzzle games this abstract. Same with Fez really. I appreciate what they're going for but I'm having hard time enjoying them.

AHA-Lambda

Started playing Antichamber but not really feeling it. I'm having hard time dealing with puzzle games this abstract. Same with Fez really. I appreciate what they're going for but I'm having hard time enjoying them.

I had a similar feeling from the demo.

It was hard to tell if I was unable to do the puzzle at that point or if I just couldn't figure it out. Then I heard that apparently you can accidentally do puzzles you're not supposed to do yet, and I just decided not to bother.

I can respect it nevertheless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yep, sorry for not replying didn't want to get your hopes up until I've had a look-see. I'm going past a couple of places in a sec so will stick my head in (and probably get moaned at). I'll let you know when I get back

Ah, cool. I just figured I'd check as I thought you may have been expecting a PM, haha.

My Graphic Card has a clock in it? o_O like a timer?

I use one of my 670s as an egg timer.

kiyomi

My Graphic Card has a clock in it? o_O like a timer?

Yes, it's operated by a crack team of miniature hamsters.

On a serious note, you could get some more oomph out of your card if you find performance to be lacking/you want a bit extra. Guide here.

Personally I use MSI Afterburner, and then stress test it with Unigine Heaven. Free performance yo!

Shadownet

Banned
On a serious note, you could get some more oomph out of your card if you find performance to be lacking/you want a bit extra. Guide here.

Personally I use MSI Afterburner, and then stress test it with Unigine Heaven. Free performance yo!

Are there any downside to overclocking? Like long term damage to your graphic card?

Well after idling for nearly a week, I have finally idled every game in my collection. Now I've gotten over 230 cards. I guess I'm ready for the next steam sale

Binding of Isaac Rebirth for €10 is more than I am willing to pay :/
What's wrong with 10 euros for a game that's entirely redone in literally every single way and with new content akin to the scope of WotL, on top of existing content being rebalanced?

Those turned off by the price with the loyalty discount really need to read up on what Rebirth actually is.

The people defending the Dead Rising 3 port and telling people to buy better hardware are hilarious. And by hilarious I mean infuriating.
The funny part being, the rampant performance issues are the least of its problems.

Dead Rising 3 is wonderful. The script is just lovely.
The script is so boring and lifeless, what with characters constantly exclaiming "oh shit! oh crap! oh god!" when in trouble or panicking or every other little mishap, while also trying to be serious. It's especially noticeable with the obnoxious main character: he practically said nothing but the aforementioned for an early 5 minute cutscene. How do you go from Frank West and to a lesser extent Chuck Greene to that guy? Nick even has the token "I NEVER KILLED BEFORE" melodramatic moment not even two hours in that big-budget games like to shove down your throat.

With all the technical problems of DR3, lets say something positive: I really like the game itself =) If you didn't like the previous games this one won't convince you, but if you like the formula you get a lot fun out of it.
I liked the formula in the previous games and even when fully expecting disappointment, what I've played so far still ended up being a massive letdown. Barely any of the gameplay elements that made the first two so compelling are properly retained and the entire structure of it is just diluted by pointless busybody work that a lot of open-world games suffer from. 2, for all its flaws, was at least still faithful to the formula while trying to mix it up a little, whereas 3 completely disregards what originally made the franchise work in favor of mindnumbing "modern" "gameplay" conventions.

so that new dead rising game any good?

i really liked 2
It's pretty fucking terrible if you liked the older games. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

chixdiggit

I really wish I could use mod bot for my Steam Group. There really is no good way to give away games to your Steam friends.

kiyomi

Yes, but that's why you take your time and don't up your memory clock by 500MHz from the off. ;) Here's the guide I followed when I bought my first 670.

That's a nicer guide. As long as you're not putting too much extra power/heat into it, it'll be totally fine. You might get some crashes when you're experimenting, but they won't cause any long term damage.

I really wish I could use mod bot for my Steam Group. There really is no good way to give away games to your Steam friends.

Did you try SteamGifts? There are Private and Steam Group-only options for giveaways, so only those given a specific link or in the group can enter.

anyone else not able to run Dead Rising 3 at all? I hear the HD spin up and just leads me to a black screen. When I task manager it, I get "Dead Rising 3 has stopped responding". Looks like something about dxgi.dll.

I've deleted and re downloaded as well as verifying the game cache. Also deleted the user.ini for unlocking the frame rate. Still nothing but black screen.

So...um...yeah....awesome.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom