• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixdiggit

I'm sure there are websites where you can put a group of names and it'll select one name like a prize machine or something, just use Google

Yea there is but it's too much work as I then have to contact the winner and friend them on my steam account to message them the prize.

Knurek

So my Steam HDD seems to be dying on me (just came across a file I can't copy to another drive, most probably a bad sector or two)...

Any good replacements in the 3TB range? Price is important, but not as important as durability (I don't want the new one to die after 6 months or so). Speed not so much, anything that requires fast disc access I can move to an SSD.

Aww, I missed Felicia Day chatter...

QUOTE]Why is she warping the space around her

chixdiggit

Did you try SteamGifts? There are Private and Steam Group-only options for giveaways, so only those given a specific link or in the group can enter.

I just started using Steam gifts and it works pretty good. Still not as convenient as a built in system like mod bot would be. I also like that you can add your own restrictions to modbot (something you can't do on Steamgifts.

kiyomi

So my Steam HDD seems to be dying on me (just came across a file I can't copy to another drive, most probably a bad sector or two)...

Any good replacements in the 3TB range? Price is important, but not as important as durability (I don't want the new one to die after 6 months or so). Speed not so much, anything that requires fast disc access I can move to an SSD.

What make is the current one? Pretty much all HDDs have ridiculously high failure rates. :'(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed that some subs have 0 instead of false and The Witcher is one of them, is that the reason why it's never actually been enabled? Would be pretty funny if true lol

Nah. Wolf14 was and is region-restricted despite its subs having the value of 0. I've no idea why the flag's not working with TW3.

Shadownet

Banned
Is there a website or tool out there that can alert you when an item on Steam Marketplace goes bellow a certain price point?

I'm trying to buy a CS:GO skin but I don't think I should camp my PC and F5'ing all day.

Arthea

hey Knurek, thanks a lot for suggesting Everyday Genius for me. It's really good and has so much depth, I'm impressed.
I only have one small problem, I seem to misclick a lot, as if mouse pointer slips at times by itself while clicking. Had you problem like this too?

aku:jiki

The amount of people who are actually serious about Rebirth "costing too much" is kind of shocking. I mean, we joke around about being cheapskates all day but I didn't think some of you were actually being serious!

It literally costs as much as my daily lunch, almost on the cent...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is there a website or tool out there that can alert you when an item on Steam Marketplace goes bellow a certain price point?

I'm trying to buy a CS:GO skin but I don't think I should camp my PC and F5'ing all day.

You can place a buy order for it

liezryou

The amount of people who are actually serious about Rebirth "costing too much" is kind of shocking. I mean, we joke around about being cheapskates all day but I didn't think some of you were actually being serious!

It literally costs as much as my daily lunch, almost on the cent...

There's always mother russia.

You can place a buy order for it

You can't do that for everything on the market, only certain things that valve considers 'commodities'.

Knurek

I wish I had 15 ears.

Don't you have a RAID of 4x20EARS?

hey Knurek, thanks a lot for suggesting Everyday Genius for me. It's really good and has so much depth, I'm impressed.
I only have one small problem, I seem to misclick a lot, as if mouse pointer slips at times by itself while clicking. Had you problem like this too?

I don't recall experiencing anything like it. I do, however, routinely mistake what each of the mouse button does, and instead of clearing an impossible number I mark it incorrectly, killing my No Miss streak... :(

Sini

anyone else not able to run Dead Rising 3 at all? I hear the HD spin up and just leads me to a black screen. When I task manager it, I get "Dead Rising 3 has stopped responding". Looks like something about dxgi.dll.

I've deleted and re downloaded as well as verifying the game cache. Also deleted the user.ini for unlocking the frame rate. Still nothing but black screen.

So...um...yeah....awesome.

Any thoughts?
Yup, same here.

liezryou

Is there like an official list of which games have the no cross-region trading flag?

Do you mean cross-region trading flag or no cross-region activation? Cross-region trading (If you are trying to bypass cross-region activation by it), you have to check steamDB.

For cross-region activation you can just simply add ?cc=ru to any store page url, like so http://store.steampowered.com/app/282350/?cc=ru. Notice the orange box that says it can only be redeemed in those countries.

Arthea

I don't recall experiencing anything like it. I do, however, routinely mistake what each of the mouse button does, and instead of clearing an impossible number I mark it incorrectly, killing my No Miss streak... :(

I do those too (><)

thanks, it must be my mouse, sensitivity settings probably.

Echoplx

Judging from our experiences with Uplay, a launcher could still suck.

Well I never said I would be happy about it but at least we would still be able to buy the games through Steam.

Might not be a big deal to some people but I get all my downloads unmetered through Steam (My ISP has their own Steam Content Servers). Without that I would hit my 500GB cap pretty fast.

Terra_Ex

Not another "me too!" client. Ugh...

For the first time ever I violated my own personal rule of never buying an Origin exclusive game yesterday, I don't know who I'm more disappointed in, myself or GAF for making me do it. The mexican discount and prospect of giving EA less money than they wanted tipped me over the edge, but it's probably another one of their schemes...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why are people complaining about the price of a 15$ game that will have hundreds of hours of gameplay?

I'll take 5 hours of awesome gameplay over hundreds of hours of OK gameplay.

Pachimari

Hmm. I got my Dual Shock 4 to work wirelessly with my Asus BT-400 bluetooth dongle yesterday but after having restarted my computer I can't get it to work.

Shouldn't it just automatically pair when I press Home+Share button?

Edit:
And now it works again. This is so weird and complicated.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Good thing Isaac will have hundreds of hours of awesome gameplay so I don't exactly see the relevance of that point.

I hate the "x hours of gameplay" metric for the reason I posted. That's all.

Nabs

Hmm. I got my Dual Shock 4 to work wirelessly with my Asus BT-400 bluetooth dongle yesterday but after having restarted my computer I can't get it to work.

Shouldn't it just automatically pair when I press Home+Share button?

I'm not sure if things are different on Windows 7, but shouldn't you just have to press the home button if it's already paired?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So long as its good, sure, bring on competition. Valve is very lazy and inconsistent and without competitors at their heals steam will never improve.

If Steam stays the way it is right now and I never have to deal with another uPlay again I would be perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom