• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Hardly competition when a client is completely irrelevant except for a handful of the platform operator's games made only available there.

Momentary

Banned
Holy Crap! When was this announced?!

header_292x136.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry -- MB-BCA2674EDD9C99E2 - Taken by Kirosia

t1410057387z1.png

xBladeM6x

Besides the fact it takes them 2 weeks to respond to any given support ticket, and when they do it's nearly always the wrong response?

For as big a company as this is, I still will never under-fucking-stand why they don't have a call-in center. This would make dealing with shit, so much easier.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Besides the fact it takes them 2 weeks to respond to any given support ticket, and when they do it's nearly always the wrong response?

Might be different in the US but in the rare cases when I wrote a support ticket I always got an answer within 2-3 days and most of them were helpfull.

rtcn63

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

Well I'm confused, thought it was an ongoing raffle. Contacted derp for further instruction.

EDIT: Looks like it was already nuked or redeemed by someone else.

Dr Dogg

Ah, cool. I just figured I'd check as I thought you may have been expecting a PM, haha.

Right in the couple of shops I had a look in there was barely anything resembling PC releases (although one did have about 10 copies of Company of Heroes 2 for £4.99 which is cheaper than anywhere I've seen). I'll have a look in town on Monday where there's some more PC focused retailers but I think this is rare as rocking horse shit to be honest.

anyone else not able to run Dead Rising 3 at all? I hear the HD spin up and just leads me to a black screen. When I task manager it, I get "Dead Rising 3 has stopped responding". Looks like something about dxgi.dll.

I've deleted and re downloaded as well as verifying the game cache. Also deleted the user.ini for unlocking the frame rate. Still nothing but black screen.

So...um...yeah....awesome.

Any thoughts?

I had similar issues (well I couldn't get past the loading screen due to missing files) where the executable would crash immediately upon launching. What I did was delete the folder and config file from %documents%\my games\ which was titled Dead Rising 3 and it then launched. Though what I would also suggest is going to the redist folder in the main Dead Rising 3 folder and install both the 2010 and 2012 C++ & DirectX versions shipped with the game (64bit ones should be enough but there's 32bit in there as well) and see if that does the trick.

Edit: Has ModBot been on the booze again? Or is this some funky User error?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry -- MB-11DDC2D61666A9DC - Taken by NightmareTrigger

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1410058107z1.png

For the first time ever I violated my own personal rule of never buying an Origin exclusive game yesterday, I don't know who I'm more disappointed in, myself or GAF for making me do it. The mexican discount and prospect of giving EA less money than they wanted tipped me over the edge, but it's probably another one of their schemes...

It's okay. We're here for you.

If you must buy Origin games, wait until they're on sale from another retailer, in a bundle, or a giveaway. I've spent less than $20 for my Origin account, and I have a bunch of games. Most of which I've never played because I refuse to boot up the client, but still.

Nzyme32

Not another "me too!" client. Ugh...

I'm not too sure about that actually. This isn't looking like it is just for games. It's for their music and film content along with possibly streaming content. They have plenty of content to be more than just a "me too!" client. How all this goes is really going to be dependant on how they actually implement it. They could simply make their own offerings more affordable or with extra content to attract customers to them, while still supporting other distributors such as steam. As long as it isn't entirely reliant on their own infrastructure when on other services, I'd be willing to at least see what they do. Worst case scenario, no one likes it and they see their sales plummet till they can work out how to improve things

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Right in the couple of shops I had a look in there was barely anything resembling PC releases (although one did have about 10 copies of Company of Heroes 2 for £4.99 which is cheaper than anywhere I've seen). I'll have a look in town on Monday where there's some more PC focused retailers but I think this is rare as rocking horse shit to be honest.

Yeah, the PC version seems to have had a rather limited release compared to its PS360 counterparts. Amusingly, searching for the PC cover on Google brings up covers with the Australian classification logo, but I can't find any evidence that Aussie retailers actually stocked it. The official website is useless as it hasn't been updated since the game was announced -- the "Buy" section still states that pre-order information will come soon. If I'd known that the games were pulled back when they were pulled I may have been quick enough to snag a key from Amazon, but alas.

Divius

What's wrong with 10 euros for a game that's entirely redone in literally every single way and with new content akin to the scope of WotL, on top of existing content being rebalanced?

Those turned off by the price with the loyalty discount really need to read up on what Rebirth actually is.
Oh I know 'what it actually is', but my statement still stands.

I've put 150 hours into BoI and don't think Rebirth is worth that price (for people who have already played the original a lot). To each his own obviously, and time will tell if maybe I'm wrong. That said, I'll probably still pick up the game regardless, just not at that price :p

Dare I try my luck with a MB giveaway? I have a bunch of unclaimed stuff from old bundles that I want out, stat:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Another Perspective -- MB-D9C9700C4F7962BD - Taken by spindoctor. 4 entrants total.
Containment The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-C362FCEAFE6B97AD - Taken by r3n4ud. 3 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-7F5812E4AFB00744 - Taken by Patison. 5 entrants total.
The Sun at Night -- MB-8B26416EAA4852BE - Taken by Hugstable. 8 entrants total.
Night Shift -- MB-D0CDDA4A550BFCDE - Taken by louiedog. 1 entrants total.
Where Angels Cry -- MB-5B871F7407E6BB87 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
1000 Amps -- MB-07F14912D8B7975B - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeon Lurk II (Desura) -- MB-BD41F5AA9135C137
Ludwig -- MB-CA0B8D37F680C24E - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-9EAB3B97E5E34EA4 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-66DB2BA58CA2DB33 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.

t1410026129z1.png

Dr Dogg

Well if WB Play doesn't go down the Origin route and yank it's games off Steam to sell there exclusively I can't see the problem, the more competition the better. Though I'd hardly call Uplay competition and Origin really outside of EA games and pricing errors I don't see many flocking to. GOG really carved it's own niche with older titles and expanding into newer and smaller focused titles now seems to be paying off for them. End of last year I only had 12 or so games on GOG and they were the CRPG mainstays everyone owns 3 times already but now I'm getting up to about 50.

onionfrog

Played a solid 4 hours of Dead Rising 3 last night. Its been running smooth at 30 fps on my stock clocked i5 and HD7850 with a few settings turned down.

The world doesn't seem as tightly designed as the previous games. But the psychopaths so far have been pretty great. (Chapter 3/4 spoilers)
The doctor who was murdering people in order to sell their organs and the creepy female police captain were very fun fights

Repost for new page:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Another Perspective -- MB-D9C9700C4F7962BD - Taken by spindoctor. 4 entrants total.
Containment The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-C362FCEAFE6B97AD - Taken by r3n4ud. 3 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-7F5812E4AFB00744 - Taken by Patison. 5 entrants total.
The Sun at Night -- MB-8B26416EAA4852BE - Taken by Hugstable. 8 entrants total.
Night Shift -- MB-D0CDDA4A550BFCDE - Taken by louiedog. 1 entrants total.
Where Angels Cry -- MB-5B871F7407E6BB87 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
1000 Amps -- MB-07F14912D8B7975B - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeon Lurk II (Desura) -- MB-BD41F5AA9135C137
Ludwig -- MB-CA0B8D37F680C24E - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-9EAB3B97E5E34EA4 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-66DB2BA58CA2DB33 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.

t1410026129z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Sendou

I'm still very hopeful for SteamOS. Always glad to hear about progress.

When it comes to each publisher having their digital publishing platform. I think it's okay but I'm not sure how much I like making games exclusive to one platform. This goes to Valve too since you don't see their biggest products on competing platforms (although you could argue the economy behind the games would make it hard).

Yeah, having two of three games on there is really stupid in my opinion. I understand why that's the case but it's still stupid.

I would buy a Steam version of ME3 with all the DLC in a heartbeat. Day-one, $60. I managed to score the Deluxe Edition of it last year for $6 from GMG, but I refuse to boot up the Origin client. Hell, an option to redeem your Origin key for a Steam version would be amazing.

Divius

For some reason steam has translated itself from English to Dutch and it is weirding me out.

edit: restarted and it's back to normal. That was strange.

The_Monk

That Resident Evil Revelations 2 has me excited.
But then i'm always excited for a new RE game.

I still have to play the first one, seems to be a decent game do play soon now that the days are getting shorter and summer is leaving. Oh and never played Raccoon City as well but I heard that the game is pretty forgettable.

Jawmuncher

I still have to play the first one, seems to be a decent game do play soon now that the days are getting shorter and summer is leaving. Oh and never played Raccoon City as well but I heard that the game is pretty forgettable.

You don't need to bother with Raccoon City at all.
Unless you already bought it and you can play it in coop.
Played it solo by myself 3 times on 3 different platforms. It never got better.

Strider

For some reason steam has translated itself from English to Dutch and it is weirding me out.

edit: restarted and it's back to normal. That was strange.

That's happened to me multiple times now. I've memorized that the language setting is at the top right of the steam homepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom