• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Resident Evil Revelations 2 has me excited.
But then i'm always excited for a new RE game.
RER was a fun, but flawed, game. I enjoyed it but I can see where others might not. The shooting was squishy and had no impact to it, but then it was balanced out by being the first resident evil in years that had that old school feeling of finding keys and backtracking to explore new areas.

I like that it's a coop game, and that it's no longer being held back by the 3ds hardware. Hopefully, the shooting is fixed because it could be a terrific game if they get that right.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still very hopeful for SteamOS. Always glad to hear about progress.

When it comes to each publisher having their digital publishing platform. I think it's okay but I'm not sure how much I like making games exclusive to one platform. This goes to Valve too since you don't see their biggest products on competing platforms (although you could argue the economy behind the games would make it hard).

Valve sells its games on GameFly, GameStop, GMG and Uplay (yes, Uplay).

_hekk05

Banned
After upgrading my drivers to the recommended version, I finally got a loading screen to popup.

It stays at Dead Rising 3 splash page for 10 minutes, then the text loading appears, and it crashes 5 secs later.

A cursory google search tells me DR3 hates gaming laptops.

Backlog blues. It's saturday and I have no clue what to play.

Just haven't got that drive to sit down and start some big epic game.

Play Project Zomboid and show the world how well you would survive in a zombie apocalypse.

Personally, I give you a day.

An aside, but Project Zomboid has such incredible sound design. It's one of the best I've ever seen in a game - it all funnels back into the gameplay. You will learn true terror from the simplest of noises...

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Dead Rising 3, I don't have a fucking clue who these people are, how Nick knows them or why he cares so much. I feel like I'm missing out on some core plot details here. Saying that when I got to the first psycho encounter I couldn't really give a toss as it seems more whacky and off the wall than its greyish brown lick of paint suggests.

After upgrading my drivers to the recommended version, I finally got a loading screen to popup.

It stays at Dead Rising 3 splash page for 10 minutes, then the text loading appears, and it crashes 5 secs later.

A cursory google search tells me DR3 hates gaming laptops.

Apparently it doesn't play well with discrete card setups. Which is really odd due to the useless nature of my motherboard I have to leave Integrated Graphics enabled in the BIOS unless I want to experience blue screens every 5 mins but it plays fine on my PC. Technically I'm showing 3 GPUs on my setup. I guess it's very specific hardware configs, Watch_Dogs had issues with dual GPU laptops, well technically they're not supported by either game.

5tG78Sy.jpg

Lawl

Jawmuncher

Hey here's a thing. Has Capcom said any thing about that ludicrous DLC for Dead Rising coming to PC yet? Checking the DB there's 4 named items of DLC and a 5th unlabelled and unreleased.

http://steamdb.info/app/265550/dlc/

http://steamdb.info/app/322180/subs/

How many packs were there on Xboxo Uno? Could be a good omen.

There's 5 including the Hyper Arcade.
So looks like PC will be getting them all unless a sub is a season pass.
Which makes no sense. Doesn't Apocalypse include all of it?

Will buy when the Hyper Arcade is out so I can play as Jill some more.

Vuze

Momentary

Banned
Mark my words. MS and Sony will probably use a digital platform rather than a physical platform to sell their services to people. You'll probably see games exclusive to their digital store just like EA is doing now. IF they end up doing another physical platform cycle I'd be VERY surprised, especially with scale-able engines like UE4 along with Mobile Processors like the K1 already available now. You'd have to be crazy to pump money into R&D for closed platform hardware when there are pieces of hardware out there already capable of running games just fine. It's not like they make a profit on units sold anyway. I don't know if people are afraid of piracy or if they have some sort of misguided pride, but if they don't change they are going to get left behind.

WB looks like they want to go for a piece of the pie before the Market becomes over saturated... That is if this is a storefront that they are trying to set up.

On a side note, I don't see Nintendo jumping over any time soon.

Seanspeed

Banned
Mark my words. MS and Sony will probably use a digital platform rather than a physical platform to sell their services to people. You'll probably see games exclusive to their digital store just like EA is doing now. IF they end up doing another physical platform cycle I'd be VERY surprised, especially with scale-able engines like UE4 along with Mobile Processors like the K1 already available now. You'd have to be crazy to pump money into R&D for closed platform hardware when there are pieces of hardware out there already capable of running games just fine. It's not like they make a profit on units sold anyway. I don't know if people are afraid of piracy or if they have some sort of misguided pride, but if they don't change they are going to get left behind.

WB looks like they want to go for a piece of the pie before the Market becomes over saturated... That is if this is a storefront that they are trying to set up.

On a side note, I don't see Nintendo jumping over any time soon.
Mobile hardware is still a ways off even what last-gen consoles could do.

They certainly are gaining some ground, but it'll still be a long ways behind what a 2020 console would be capable of when that time comes around.

Consoles aren't going anywhere for a little while still. I agree that we'll see a push for more digital sales at some point, though.

Pachimari

I'm not sure if things are different on Windows 7, but shouldn't you just have to press the home button if it's already paired?
I think that worked to connect it yeah.

I can't wait to replace the sticks with Xbox One sticks.

It'll be perfect for my Sleeping Dogs game session.

Now I'm gonna try make the Wii Motion Plus controller to work. Or do I need an old generation Wii remote?

Lomax

why is no one talking about this game?!?!? O_O

OMG - instabuy!! :D

I'm cautiously interested, but it was in development hell for quite a long time, and the fact that the best "gameplay" videos we have so far are two really awful
but funny
music videos, it really doesn't bode all that well.

Deitus

Hey guys, I just wanted to promote this totally great giveaway/fundraiser for a fellow member of GAF who has cancer and needs to get surgery:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=878921

There's a ton of games being given away, including a ton of Steam games. Some of them have already been given away (I won Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor), but there should still be a bunch left. You don't have to donate anything to enter (you also don't have to enter for anything to donate :p), but if you could even just throw in 5 dollars every little bit would help. There's been a lot of money raised so far, but the donations seem to be slowing down and there's still a ways to go to hit his goal.

I know this has been posted a few times in the SteamGAF threads, but there are probably people who have missed it, or people who have forgotten about it.

The best prison escape game would be like Molyneux's Curiosity but with tapping on a cube replaced by chipping through cement with a spoon.

vg260

Hey here's a thing. Has Capcom said any thing about that ludicrous DLC for Dead Rising coming to PC yet? Checking the DB there's 4 named items of DLC and a 5th unlabelled and unreleased.

http://steamdb.info/app/265550/dlc/

http://steamdb.info/app/322180/subs/

How many packs were there on Xboxo Uno? Could be a good omen.

Nice. Good find. That just about confirms it, as expected. Their non-answer wording when asked directly about it and the Xbox One features was pretty telling:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/34095131959000409/
Just a matter of how soon.

Now just wondering what this stuff for Ultra SFIV is:
http://steamdb.info/app/45760/depots/

Corpekata

Banned
I've been following Raven's Cry for a while and I still have no clue what the moment to moment gameplay is supposed to be like.

Going to guess it'll be some horrible Frankenstein of Black Flag and Risen.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Looks decent..whats the third party DRM though? Says it uses something.

I've been following Raven's Cry for a while and I still have no clue what the moment to moment gameplay is supposed to be like.

Going to guess it'll be some horrible Frankenstein of Black Flag and Risen.

25$ russiabucks? that's alright

well, it's being made by the same guys who made Two Worlds so we at least know it might be a decent game at the very least :)

Tizoc

why is no one talking about this game?!?!? O_O

OMG - instabuy!! :D

Holy shit, that's giving me Monkey Island vibes, if the game is an action game with MI's style of humor, even it's more adult and crude, sign me up. THis song won me over the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom