• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik7697

Neo Member
I have both, haven't touched either aside from the very first mission in V2. With that said, which is more worth my time and is fun?

I enjoyed more sniper elite 3 for the more competitive stealth and the more way you can excell in a mission...for me sniper elite v2 was just a corridor where you were supposed just to kill people.these are my impressions

Do any of you know of some Sokoban game on steam or greenlight? I would like to push some boxes from time to time, but I can't find any.

Hmmm, Google Sokoban.......gotcha!
Actually there is a Sokoban game that is also very good in my opinion - I have 93% of the achievements -, that is MacGuffin's curse

I'm somewhat shocked that so little of my fl owns and plays Everyday Genius. As far as puzzle games go, I can understand this one being not for everyone, but it's one of the best Sudoku alikes, and I even blaspheme some... it's almost better than Sudoku. (><)

Never heard of it, here comes another entry for my ever growing Steam wishlist!

DocSeuss

The script is so boring and lifeless, what with characters constantly exclaiming "oh shit! oh crap! oh god!" when in trouble or panicking or every other little mishap, while also trying to be serious. It's especially noticeable with the obnoxious main character: he practically said nothing but the aforementioned for an early 5 minute cutscene. How do you go from Frank West and to a lesser extent Chuck Greene to that guy? Nick even has the token "I NEVER KILLED BEFORE" melodramatic moment not even two hours in that big-budget games like to shove down your throat.

The ancilliary dialog is weird, but that's not really the script. I'm talking about, like, the awesome scenes with characters like Gary that legit make me laugh. The dialog's nice and sharp, character interactions are fantastic, etc.

Now, there's elements to the story that seem a bit obvious like, well, there's totally a conspiracy of some kind going on, but beyond that... yeah, it's a great script. You are right about that one moment being melodramatic, though.

Oh man, I really get you. Sometimes I feel like trapped in time when I see everyone around me "advancing" in life while I stand still with no means to change my situation. It's very frustrating and depressive. I hope everything works out for you.
Bookmarked your article for later. Weren't you making a game also? With your love for Halo, did you incorporate any design philosophies into your project? Or even better, care to share more about your game?
As someone who loves FPS I would love to play Halo one day. Never had the chance. Hopefully MCC will come to Steam shortly.

I appreciate that you know what I mean. This stagnancy that's been brought on by stuff I can't control is just super disheartening.

I am working on a game, and there is some design stuff (mostly engagement/communication/focused variety vs unfocused variety) from Halo that's going into it. I don't want to share a lot because I'm afraid of overpromising. Everyone who's seen the high-level design doc has gotten really excited for the project, which is awesome, but actually getting the team members to help get things moving has proven to be challenging.

You can play the level I wrote about now, because it's the demo level for the game. Google "Halo Trial" and I'm sure Gamershell or someone has it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
a bit brain damaged from 2 hours of Pivvot. Time to chill with some EU IV or something, unless someone wants to kick my ass in Lethal League ?

Turfster

So apparently, the stupid "shake mouse left and right" thing is the KBM equivalent of "mash A a thousand times" in Revelaitons?
Who thought this would be a good idea

iosefe

I enjoyed more sniper elite 3 for the more competitive stealth and the more way you can excell in a mission...for me sniper elite v2 was just a corridor where you were supposed just to kill people.these are my impressions

with that said, play V2 as an extended basic tutorial, or just skip ahead?

So apparently, the stupid "shake mouse left and right" thing is the KBM equivalent of "mash A a thousand times" in Revelaitons?

happy-senior-businessman-using-computer-16276726.jpg

Arthea

Hmmm, Google Sokoban.......gotcha!
Actually there is a Sokoban game that is also very good in my opinion - I have 93% of the achievements -, that is MacGuffin's curse

Never heard of it, here comes another entry for my ever growing Steam wishlist!

I have it and played it, infact, I'm still playing it, it's one of my 100 now playing games, but it's most certainly not Sokoban game, not even lite, it has some elements of it, true.

you are welcome!

hey, that's nice idea!
when you have a fit or something (><)

Turfster

with that said, play V2 as an extended basic tutorial, or just skip ahead?

sniper elite v2 was really fucking horrible.
I think I lasted about 2 missions in before I'd had enough of its totally broken "stealth", it's shit controls, its invisible walls everywhere and its omniscient enemies.

mik7697

Neo Member
sniper elite v2 was really fucking horrible.
I think I lasted about 2 missions in before I'd had enough of its totally broken "stealth", it's shit controls, its invisible walls everywhere and its omniscient enemies.

Yes I totally agree with you but I think it must be played before going through SE3; what do you think?

mik7697

Neo Member
It's just a game.
There's no reason to force yourself to play something if you don't like it.
Your time can be spent much better elsewhere.

I was just giving an advice man; Didn't mean to force no one lol =) but yes sniper elite v2 is shit in confront to the 3 =)

mik7697

Neo Member
V2 takes place after SE3, if that matters to you at all. It's completely standalone. I mean unless you paid money for V2 I would just skip it.

I think v2 was free in the easter period, if i remember good. and yes i know it's a standalone game but the mechanics and the gameplay were recovered from se v2 ....but if I were in iosefe i would just start se3 after all =)

Vuze

Just had a glance at the achievement list of DR3. Capcpom... I wonder which intern did the translation lol
They translated the "Be A Dick" achievement as "Be Dick" (Dick as in a name) into German. It doesn't even make sense at all B)

Good thing that I'm playing the game in English from the get-go I guess.

E: Well nvm, see below ^^'

Locust

Just had a glance at the achievement list of DR3. Capcpom... I wonder which intern did the translation lol
They translated the "Be A Dick" achievement as "Be Dick" (Dick as in a name) into German. It doesn't even make sense at all B)

The coop guys name is Dick, so.

Chariot

They translated the "Be A Dick" achievement as "Be Dick" (Dick as in a name) into German. B)

Well the name of the coop-character is Dick. So "Sei Dick" is actually valid. You can't translate that joke into german. It's either "Sei ein Arsch" or "Sei Dick", the latter being more accurate.

Well, but I am the same as you and playing the thing in english, like everything else.

iosefe

V2 takes place after SE3, if that matters to you at all. It's completely standalone. I mean unless you paid money for V2 I would just skip it.

I think v2 was free in the easter period, if i remember good. and yes i know it's a standalone game but the mechanics and the gameplay were recovered from se v2 ....but if I were in iosefe i would just start se3 after all =)

yeah, i got it from the free promo. i''ll go a a few missions in and judge from that

Kaleinc

Banned
E: Well nvm, see below ^^'
The universal translation is something like:
Enjoy the dick-port, breh :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
yeah, i got it from the free promo. i''ll go a a few missions in and judge from that

To be fair, the stealth is kinda broken. I just rushed down and sniped fools in the head while getting shot at. I didn't mind that, because well: I'm a shooter person so that's common for most shooters.

The main draw of the game is the bullet time kill-cams. Though those can get repetitive I enjoyed the hell out of them.

I thought V2 was good, but it gets repetitive and I didn't care much for the multiplayer since it was filled with hackers to where I couldn't even get a "feel" for it before putting it down. I dunno if co-op will make the stealth less broke if you have someone covering you with a silent pistol but I will say the times you sneak up on someone and space/melee kill them are satisfying and laying traps (though since the game doesn't have you exfil the same area at times it's kinda pointless if you're doing it the first time/only time you're playing it) can be satisfying when you know where the enemies are going to spawn in/come from on your exfil to where you pick them off without them knowing you're there yet.

legacyzero

Banned
Ugh.. Yeah now I'm down to play games.

Ate at the new burger joint locally and it fucked up my guts pretty bad. Nothing quite like walking what seems to be a mile through your local shopping mall, looking for the closest restroom with the explosive shits.

Thank goodness Left 4 Dead has away mode.

Arthea

So, is "The Escapists" or "Road Not Taken" any good? I'm considering getting either or both tonight, if they end up being good.

I'm interested in Road Not Taken myself, I think der Experte bought it, maybe he'll post some impressions.
the funny story about the Escapists, there is a game called the Escapist, I have it. Totally thought it's the same game. Still don't know what the Escapists are about.

denx

So I haven't had much time for gaming at all for the past two months, but I managed to make some time for The Walking Dead Season 2 this week. Dem feels at the end geez. ;_;

Tellaerin

Is it just me, or does the difficulty in Borderlands 2 ramp up significantly once
Lilith teleports Sanctuary
? Up until then, I was pretty much just cruising through the game with the occasional death here or there, but now I actually have to fight my ass off and die two or three times to get through some of the tougher fights. I'm not complaining - it's not offputting or anything - just wondering if any other soloers noticed anything similar.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just finished Batman Arkham City.
Wow. That was anticlimactic. It felt epic as heck but then just dropped off. Why? The whole game felt disjointed but the end really ramped up. I killed Hugo by opening a door and the final boss was a character who I just met? Weak.
Is Origins at least as good? I skip all the side stuff. I don't care for open world games. In fact, I hate them because they lead to bad design and pacing decisions.

Deitus

Okay, I'm getting sick of walking into a building and waiting 30+ seconds for anything inside the building to load in DR3. Definitely need to move it to my SSD.

MUnited83

For you.
I just finished Batman Arkham City.
Wow. That was anticlimactic. It felt epic as heck but then just dropped off. Why? The whole game felt disjointed but the end really ramped up. I killed Hugo by opening a door and the final boss was a character who I just met? Weak.
Is Origins at least as good? I skip all the side stuff. I don't care for open world games. In fact, I hate them because they lead to bad design and pacing decisions.

Origins is very very good. The main plot is also miles better than Asylum or City.

I think it's time for me to finally start Dark Souls. Watching Two Best Friends play DS II makes me want to play it but I was holding off on buying it until I played & finished the 1st one & I was holding off on playing the 1st one until they got rid of GFWL but I doubt that's ever gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom