• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

It was a lot harder to move DR3 to my SSD than I thought it would be. Apparently, Steam checks to see if you have free disk space before it checks to see if you have the game files already on your hard drive.

So for a 33 GB game, I basically had to clear out 66 GB of free space on my 120 GB SSD, at least if I wanted to avoid downloading it a second time. It would have been much easier if I had just downloaded it to the SSD in the first place.

Miguel81

It was a lot harder to move DR3 to my SSD than I thought it would be. Apparently, Steam checks to see if you have free disk space before it checks to see if you have the game files already on your hard drive.

So for a 33 GB game, I basically had to clear out 66 GB of free space on my 120 GB SSD, at least if I wanted to avoid downloading it a second time. It would have been much easier if I had just downloaded it to the SSD in the first place.

How is the audio on DR3? That much space must mean 7.1 uncompressed, am I right?

Has anybody else played a game where a harder difficulty actually made the game easier, because it forced you to become a better player, but at the same time, it still presented an enjoyable challenge? It's hard to explain, but if you've played something like that before, you'd know what I mean.

This is how 1999 was for me in BioShock Infinite, and now it's Hardcore mode in Super Time Force Ultra. It's an absolute blast, I love this game.

On a related note, turns out RB is a Lock Movement button for STFU. I beat the game before I actually figured that out, it would have been so nice to know earlier... Weird that they didn't mention it in the tutorial.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
So any tricks to finding a game I bought to gift and chose the option to "put in my inventory for later"?

It shows I purchased it, but it is nowhere to be found.

Miguel81

Has anybody else played a game where a harder difficulty actually made the game easier, because it forced you to become a better player, but at the same time, it still presented an enjoyable challenge? It's hard to explain, but if you've played something like that before, you'd know what I mean.

This is how 1999 was for me in BioShock Infinite, and now it's Hardcore mode in Super Time Force Ultra. It's an absolute blast, I love this game.

On a related note, turns out RB is a Lock Movement button for STFU. I beat the game before I actually figured that out, it would have been so nice to know earlier... Weird that they didn't mention it in the tutorial.

Ninja Gaiden on Hard Mode for the Original XBOX. I replayed the originally hard as nails first boss(Murai) after I had completed half the game, and it was a cakewalk. It's the kind of game that forces you to become a pro during a playthrough -- and you'll love it. The "Black" version was insanely easy for me as I played the heck out of the original.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Batman: Arkham City is an amazing video game

1024x575.resizedimage

I have never felt more much like Batman than while I was playing it

In conclusion, it is truly a masterpiece of our time

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So you did the Freeze Grenades trick too, eh?

Nope. I was trying to do one of the Riddler challenges where you have to dive from a high enough distance, it's sort of like one of those "test your strength" things at carnivals.

Turns out that putting it too close to the walled off restricted section might not have been the best idea. Because you can fall through the world if you somehow manage to get over the wall and see the poorly textured ground inside of it and try to land on said ground.

Nope. I was trying to do one of the Riddler challenges where you have to dive from a high enough distance, it's sort of like one of those "test your strength" things at carnivals.

Turns out that putting it too close to the walled off restricted section might not have been the best idea. Because you can fall through the world if you somehow manage to get over the wall and see the poorly textured ground inside of it and try to land on said ground.

Never heard that before - interesting.

I just finished up Risen 3. Steam says it took 49 hours but the ingame save counter was just under 40 hours. I'm not sure where the discrepancy came in. I guess it's fair to say that the game won me over despite the fact that it only does a few things well.

The best part of the game is definitely the exploration of the 3 major faction islands. They reminded me a lot of the first Risen, with lots of different paths to take as you wander around completing quests. The quests themselves were quite disappointing... they were mostly fetch quests with very little variation and even less originality. I don't think any of them had multiple solutions unless you count speech (intimidation/charming) as alternate paths. There's a general lack of polish with camera issues, getting stuck in walls, dialog chain glitches and things like that... basically the Eurojank effect which you can either tolerate or you can't. The voice acting is just terrible most of the time and the script itself is very average. Although there are a few bright moments when you can't help but smile at some of the ridiculous stuff being said :p

In the end I don't think I would recommend this game to anyone who isn't a fan of Gothic/Risen in the first place. You have to know what you're getting yourself into because I don't think this game is going to win over many newcomers. Definitely sale material either way.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Woah this looks badass! And it comes out this month? This game came outta nowhere

yeah, it did ... but watching the trailers - looks like it could be pretty fun to play ... stupid fun :) can't wait to give it a try ... although I REEEEEEEEEEEALLY hope it won't be f2p (which it probably will, unfortunately)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Batman can indeed breath in space.

The snow in space must be extra cold :p

On the topic of the SteamGAF popularity index, pigeonmania died out pretty quick huh?

Same happens for most games, honestly. Well, at least in the thread. My activity list still has people taking screenshots of some of the more interesting lines of dialogue.

That's true but after wining Unity I'm trying to gauge what people would actually want.

Depending on how many people on your friend's list are Gaf members, you could always use the most wanted games under the recommended friend activity option.

Sofa King

So I got to play Speed Runners at PAX and gotta say I love it. Would have picked it up when I got home but scored a key from a giveaway. Will definitely pick it up for the Xbone when it comes out to get 4 player local games going. Every time I saw a group of 4 playing it there was always oohs and ahhs along with laughs. So good!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry -- MB-BCA2674EDD9C99E2 - Taken by Kirosia

t1410057387z1.png

Kanokare

These are uPlay only codes! If anyone wants them. I also don't know if they are really deluxe versions or not.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kanokare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (uPlay) #2 -- MB-D44E1361DB2F38F4 - Taken by Thezez. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
World in Conflict (uPlay) -- MB-E4EC87C27683BE33 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (uPlay) -- MB-5D29F6AE68BCD667 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.

t1410054451z1.png

Total Biscuit put up a video on the state of the Dead Rising 3 port
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE0ZgbBAYF8
Ok, so the game runs actually fine at 30fps and troubles only come when unlocking framerate? This is weird and leaves me only to say Capcom didn't give the dev team enough time and resources to work out the kinks and even stabilize the performance at unlocked fps. It is sad but I am still very glad that the game came out at all. I just hope Capcom will patch performance. Otherwise I plan on getting this sometime later. It looks like a lot of fun.
This quote from the 30min mark made me chuckle though. Can you play a game at 30 [fps] and still enjoy it? It's possible. I will always prefer playing games at 60fps but I still find it funny when 30fps is being marked as unplayable. 60 may be much better but 30 is still plenty playable.

H1PSTER

This quote from the 30min mark made me chuckle though. Can you play a game at 30 [fps] and still enjoy it? It's possible. I will always prefer playing games at 60fps but I still find it funny when 30fps is being marked as unplayable. 60 may be much better but 30 is still plenty playable.

Sometimes I even enjoy 30FPS games.

So when I play a 60FPS game I'm in awe of how much better it is

TB however much I love him, he openly admits to sticking on the "Video game master race" stereotype, it's funny and I understand why he does it but that is more than likely the reason for comments like that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh... Anyone know this dude?

Out of the blue friend requests me. No groups or friends in common, so I'm asking if it's someone from around here that daisy-chained to me or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom