• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry -- MB-11DDC2D61666A9DC - Taken by NightmareTrigger

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1410058107z1.png

Helmholtz

Uh... Anyone know this dude?

Out of the blue friend requests me. No groups or friends in common, so I'm asking if it's someone from around here that daisy-chained to me or something?
I've been getting a ton of these lately. Like one a day.
I assume they're random people trying to scam me out of my Steam items/account. I mean, if they're not even in the GAF group, and aren't friends with any of my friends, what legitimate business could they possibly have with me.
I just ignore them every time.

derExperte

Out of the blue friend requests me. No groups or friends in common, so I'm asking if it's someone from around here that daisy-chained to me or something?

Don't ask, delete. I don't waste any time when I don't know who someone is.

I think every possible way a giveaway can be fucked up has happened on that Freedom Cry giveaway lol, this has been like a 48 hour hellish ModBot nightmare.

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

Soon the nightmare will be over. Maybe.

Sometimes I even enjoy 30FPS games.
So when I play a 60FPS game I'm in awe of how much better it is
TB however much I love him, he openly admits to sticking on the "Video game master race" stereotype, it's funny and I understand why he does it but that is more than likely the reason for comments like that.
Yeah, 60 is better for me, too. I usually use tb to see gameplay of smaller titles but his personality - which I hope is a shtick - gets annoying though.
---
If it hasn't been posted here already - some new firewatch gameplay and Q&A. Looks awesome!
Absolutely brilliant. The gameplay really does look identical to the trailer footage which I was afraid of being pre-animated at least. I am happy I was wrongfully doubting. The devs also are very sympathetic. When is the game launching? I don't know why but when I see an indie game having first person view, I automatically assume Occulus support.
---
Welp! Screw doing a giveaway until someone gives Modbot his brain back.
Dude, you should or else I am gonna sleep soon and miss it ;)

derExperte

I should've seen it coming but I didn't. [Saints Row 4 late game spoiler]
RODDY PIPER!!1!
Still I prefer SR3, had much better story missions imo.

Welp! Screw doing a giveaway until someone gives Modbot his brain back.

While Moddy could've handled certain things better, Freedom Cry-gate was mostly my fault so if that's holding you back....

madjoki

Uh... Anyone know this dude?

I'd bet it's one of those bots that spams steamcornity links.

Ok, so the game runs actually fine at 30fps and troubles only come when unlocking framerate? This is weird and leaves me only to say Capcom didn't give the dev team enough time and resources to work out the kinks and even stabilize the performance at unlocked fps. It is sad but I am still very glad that the game came out at all. I just hope Capcom will patch performance. Otherwise I plan on getting this sometime later. It looks like a lot of fun.
This quote from the 30min mark made me chuckle though. Can you play a game at 30 [fps] and still enjoy it? It's possible. I will always prefer playing games at 60fps but I still find it funny when 30fps is being marked as unplayable. 60 may be much better but 30 is still plenty playable.

Yeah, I think 30 fps is acceptable in most cases.

H1PSTER

I should've seen it coming but I didn't. [Saints Row 4 late game spoiler]
RODDY PIPER!!1!
Still I prefer SR3, had much better story missions imo.

While Moddy could've handled certain things better, Freedom Cry-gate was mostly my fault so if that's holding you back....

lol I will do one tomorrow, It's late here and I'm away to bed now.

I'll try post it at roughly the same time as this post.

The ancilliary dialog is weird, but that's not really the script. I'm talking about, like, the awesome scenes with characters like Gary that legit make me laugh. The dialog's nice and sharp, character interactions are fantastic, etc.

Now, there's elements to the story that seem a bit obvious like, well, there's totally a conspiracy of some kind going on, but beyond that... yeah, it's a great script. You are right about that one moment being melodramatic, though.
Fat Gary is coincidentally the only character that I like after 10 hours, because he's the exact kind of corny cliché (relatively subdued as he may be) I'd expect from a Dead Rising game. Everyone else is either an unlikeable asshole (like your boss and your trucker buddy) or has a flat personality (literally anyone who isn't a psychopath). Plus they're all so frikkin' serious with Nick still being weak of will to boot; I can't stand it and its tone clashes heavily with Dead Rising 3 by design being a game where you mess around with comical outfits - which much like the crazed bosses the devs didn't even want in 3 originally - and absurd weaponry. Furthermore, the plot so far hasn't stopped being vapid; DR2's wasn't stellar by any stretch of the imagination either, but at least it still kept DR1's style of cheese intact (albeit a little too tongue-in-cheek) which all but vanished in DR3. But wait, the storyline now has the gall to imply that I'm about to embark in a stealth-ish mission in an attempt to reclaim a part of the city. Being sneaky. In a zombie game like this. I just quit to desktop right then and there without finding out just how far this does or doesn't go with the gameplay, I've had my fill for the day.

The NPC's interactions haven't gotten any less dumb either, before I forget. Standout moment: "hey, retrieve my lost wedding ring!" and shortly thereafter the lady proclaimed "OH MAN, my husband gave me this!" upon my return. A wedding ring given by one's spouse. Outlandish concept.

For those who have gotten DR3 working with no issues how are you liking it?
Majority of Dead Rising's character is gone in favor of modern open-world gameplay conventions (like multiple meaningless collectibles among other things). Up to you whether that sounds like a positive evolution.

Jawmuncher

Majority of Dead Rising's character is gone in favor of modern open-world gameplay conventions (like multiple meaningless collectibles among other things). Up to you whether that sounds like a positive evolution.

I played it on XB1.
It wasn't as good as DR1 but I liked it more than DR2.
The Super Ultra DLC was a lot of fun though.

Is there like an official list of which games have the no cross-region trading flag?
In the process of catching up with the thread. Wow, this is so very useful. Thank you JaseC. I didn't know the Deus The Fall is also region-locked. Gonna scroll further...
Jet Car Stunts as well? Indie games using region-locking more and more. What a frightful future.
Hm, overall positively surprised how few titles are region-locked. Are those two lists really every game locked? Call of Duty wasn't there.

Vibranium

Banned
I really don't think I'll play Dead Rising 3 until more patches and fixes come out in the future.

What I really want is DR1 on Steam, I wish Capcom would make a move on that. If they got the REmake on its way to PC, they can get the first game. That shopping mall is great.

Jawmuncher

I really don't think I'll play Dead Rising 3 until more patches and fixes come out in the future.

What I really want is DR1 on Steam, I wish Capcom would make a move on that. If they got the REmake on its way to PC, they can get the first game. That shopping mall is great.

Day 1 if DR1 made it onto steam.
One of my favorite games of all time. It was the Dark Souls of it's time with that time mechanic. Those who got into it loved. Those who couldnt were left on the curb.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In the process of catching up with the thread. Wow, this is so very useful. Thank you JaseC. I didn't know the Deus The Fall is also region-locked. Gonna scroll further...
Jet Car Stunts as well? Indie games using region-locking more and more. What a frightful future.

Not all of the subs are used on the store and the flag has zero impact on retail key activation, so a game being listed doesn't necessarily mean it's region-locked. JCS is region-free, for example.

Edit: I don't like the recent change of region-related flags now being shown at the bottom of the info page.

Jawmuncher

Not all of the subs are used on the store and the flag has zero impact on retail key activation, so a game being listed doesn't necessarily mean it's region-locked. JCS is region-free, for example.

Edit: I don't like the recent change of region-related flags now being shown at the bottom of the info page.

Terriotory code -1 = region free?

madjoki

Terriotory code -1 = region free?

I'm pretty territory code means nothing in regards of region locks.

afaik. only following are related to region locking: PurchaseRestrictedCountries, AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries, onlyallowrunincountries and AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting.

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty territory code means nothing in regards of region locks.

afaik. only following are related to region locking: PurchaseRestrictedCountries, AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries, onlyallowrunincountries and AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting.

I still have not found where that info is supposed to be.
I'm assuming it would be in history right?

KingDirk

So all my gaming plans for the weekend were tossed into complete disarray because of Hexcells. That is some mighty fine puzzling.

Ozium

Ziggurat is a first person Dungeon Crawler that plays like Hexen or Heretic. A lot of the battling is arena style, room to room, with a lot of circle strafing and mobility required to stay healthy.

Your character (there are several to unlock with different perks) is armed with a basic magic wand that runs on mana that will be refilled as used, you might have to let it recharge for a few seconds but you'll never run out. The other 3 weapon slots are for magic, staves and an alchemical weapon (like a magic grenade for instance.)

You are given a secondary weapon when you begin and can find more by exploring. Sometimes you come across a different weapon in the same class and have to decide which to carry with you. The 3 secondary weapons each have their own mana pool and you need to collect potions from fallen enemies to fill them.

Enemies also drop yellow shards which are your experience points, once you've collected enough you can level up. When you level up you get to choose from two random perks (more unlock the more you play) some of these are passive buffs while some are one shot only deals.

Basically you run around rooms killing enemies until you find the portal key, which you then take to the boss room and fight the boss to move on to the next floor. There are other rooms like treasure rooms, hazard rooms and trap rooms (which were recently added..) Another new addition is trinkets which are one-use items that you can carry with you, but I've yet to find one (they were just recently added.)

Conclusion: Game is really fun if you are into old style shooters with a magick theme. Even though it is Early Access the game runs very well (the devs said their priority was getting the engine running before adding tons of stuff) and there is plenty to do. If you are interested in this game but are worried because it's EA, do yourself a favor and buy it.. it's very fun.

EA progress: In the three weeks Ziggurat has been out it has already been updated seven times, including bug fixes and gameplay tweaks/additions. The developer posts what they've been working on in the Steam forum for the game every two or three days. He also interacts with people in the forum for suggestions on tweaks to the game. Very nice.

DocSeuss

Fat Gary is coincidentally the only character that I like after 10 hours, because he's the exact kind of corny cliché (relatively subdued as he may be) I'd expect from a Dead Rising game. Everyone else is either an unlikeable asshole (like your boss and your trucker buddy) or has a flat personality (literally anyone who isn't a psychopath). Plus they're all so frikkin' serious with Nick still being weak of will to boot; I can't stand it and its tone clashes heavily with Dead Rising 3 by design being a game where you mess around with comical outfits - which much like the crazed bosses the devs didn't even want in 3 originally - and absurd weaponry. Furthermore, the plot so far hasn't stopped being vapid; DR2's wasn't stellar by any stretch of the imagination either, but at least it still kept DR1's style of cheese intact (albeit a little too tongue-in-cheek) which all but vanished in DR3. But wait, the storyline now has the gall to imply that I'm about to embark in a stealth-ish mission in an attempt to reclaim a part of the city. Being sneaky. In a zombie game like this. I just quit to desktop right then and there without finding out just how far this does or doesn't go with the gameplay, I've had my fill for the day.

The NPC's interactions haven't gotten any less dumb either, before I forget. Standout moment: "hey, retrieve my lost wedding ring!" and shortly thereafter the lady proclaimed "OH MAN, my husband gave me this!" upon my return. A wedding ring given by one's spouse. Outlandish concept.

I disagree with you vehemently. That 'dumb' NPC interaction? It's awesome. And also I like the boss person. :(

MetalDeer

So, I take it Hatoful Boyfriend is something I should get if I like VNs? It looks pretty silly, which I can work with by itself, but if there's something more to it, that'd be great.

Also, just bought Grid. Seems like a pretty damn solid racing game, it'll be good for playing every once in a while. Graphics seem a little outdated, though. Anyone know of some good mods to make it look better? Those mirror reflections are especially rough..

Vibranium

Banned
Day 1 if DR1 made it onto steam.
One of my favorite games of all time. It was the Dark Souls of it's time with that time mechanic. Those who got into it loved. Those who couldnt were left on the curb.

Yep and I love the social commentary on North American food consumption haha- though the Japanese have their own vices lol.

Pretty much "the Dark Souls" of zombie games is right.

Anustart

Pretty sure I'm set until witcher 3 launches. Got Skyrim, Hatoful, Watch Pups, Swapper, DD Neon and Terraria to play until November, then Binding of Isaac will see me through to the winter sale, then I coast on in to February. Seems like a solid plan of attack.

Also picked up Theatrhythm today. Having fun with it!

Anteater

Did some tweaking last night, this is what I ended up with in state of decay:

Using fxaa that comes with gedosato which ended up blurring it a bit, but I quite dislike the jagged trees, and other fsaa methods are a bit too costy.

I don't know what is wrong with the game's contrast, I messed around with the brightness settings and I just can't fix the black crush without it making night time awfully bright, the shadows during the day is actually much darker than night time so I end up setting the gamma at 1.6 and leaving contrast and brightness alone.

iosefe

So I got to play Speed Runners at PAX and gotta say I love it. Would have picked it up when I got home but scored a key from a giveaway. Will definitely pick it up for the Xbone when it comes out to get 4 player local games going. Every time I saw a group of 4 playing it there was always oohs and ahhs along with laughs. So good!

or get the PC version now and STILL get 4 player co op

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

So JaseC heaven. I'm okay with this, in concept anyway.

Seriously. I just finished BBL mode and uh... That was incredible. I took a ton of notes. There are some spoilers if you want to be careful but I tried to make the phone camera out of focus for a majority of them. Just to give an idea of how complex it gets though. 4 sheets of paper, only one was for review notes, the rest were purely to keep track of plot twists.

It's a shame that some people wrote it off because "lol bird dating sim" without doing any research on it other than seeing it once. Tizoc's thread had a few disappointing posts in it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you don't share anything in common you should automatically ignore the invite.

That's what I did. Just weird to be in the middle of Assassin's Creed 4 (pretty great so far, BTW) and get a friend request from someone I have no clue how. Double so since my profile is set to private and only for friends so it can't be like my inventory is showing to the majority of Steam.

OMG I GOT 7 KILLS IN A GAME OF COUNTERSTRIKE!!!
I died 8 times though, but I actually lived for the whole round like twice :D
Things are looking up for me in that game. :)

Also started episode 2 of The Walking Dead Season 2, didn't finish it but I SO called the person who clem was referring too. Also, I don't like the pregnant girl, fuck her.

finally home. urgh.. today was so long.

were you working? Thought you didn't work weekends :eek:

Shadownet

Banned
OMG I GOT 7 KILLS IN A GAME OF COUNTERSTRIKE!!!
I died 8 times though, but I actually lived for the whole round like twice :D
Things are looking up for me in that game. :)

were you working? Thought you didn't work weekends :eek:

I work on Saturday quite a bit.

Also, don't worry I die almost every round. But I try and make sure I take at least 1 person with me.

I often find that straight faced reactions to absurd situations are more amusing than constant winks and nudges as every silly thing happens.

I work on Saturday quite a bit.

Also, don't worry I die almost every round. But I try and make sure I take at least 1 person with me.

psh i don't have the luxury of bringing someone down with me. I normally just flat out die. I got so upset the other day cause I sneaked up on a guy from behind and not only was I shooting at him first on the back but the dude turns around and kills me first, he ended up having 12 hp after I died. straight up rage quit after that bs :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom