• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
psh i don't have the luxury of bringing someone down with me. I normally just flat out die. I got so upset the other day cause I sneaked up on a guy from behind and not only was I shooting at him first on the back but the dude turns around and kills me first, he ended up having 12 hp after I died. straight up rage quit after that bs :mad:

You gotta aim for the head bro, even if you manage to sneak up on someone. If not. Aim for the chest and spray. Remember to pull down to compensate for the recoil.

Bad moves happens all the time in CSGO. Don't rage quit over it. Learn from it and keep playing. I've been last on the team many times with 2-3 kills but I never quit before.

Milamber

Christ, that was a long time away from GAF. Having a small mid-life crisis, project completions and joining a gym with a 1 year upfront payment has kept me away from you guys.

But at least DR3 doesn't crash on me for the 4 hours I played of it, which is nice.

So... what happened for the entire week I was gone?

Shadownet

Banned
Christ, that was a long time away from GAF. Having a small mid-life crisis, project completions and joining a gym with a 1 year upfront payment has kept me away from you guys.

But at least DR3 doesn't crash on me for the 4 hours I played of it, which is nice.

Everyone and their mothers got Alien Isolation for like $1.
Well some people.

Volimar

Welcome back! You got DR3 working? Boooooo!

Most of us joined the Origin revolution, just a few sad stragglers left here now.

Everyone and their mothers got Alien Isolation for like $1.
Well some people.

:( I did get one of those $20 complete Bethesda catalogs from gamersgate a while back, can't complaint too much!

Tizoc

Some Milamber approved games got confirmed for Steam...I forgot what they are though...

ILoveBish

I just got my first nice ssd, i've been using a 40 gig intel SSD for w8.1 and its worked just fine, but i just got a killer deal on a 240 gig pny xlr8 ssd. Im about to clone my 40 gig to the 240, and was thinking of installing my steam games to the 240 gig ssd this time rather then my 2tb sata hdd. Is that going to be ok performance wise or should i keep them on different partitions?

$h@d0w

Accidentally took a game I already had. Here's the game from my good man xeris :

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me ($h@d0w, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Shadow Man -- MB-B26EB2E6625BBB39 - Taken by KingDirk

Miguel81

Most of us joined the Origin revolution, just a few sad stragglers left here now.

:( I did get one of those $20 complete Bethesda catalogs from gamersgate a while back, can't complaint too much!

They're pretty much owning GMG at the moment. If only they provided Steam keys rather than Tages/Securom on some of their catalog titles I'd be happy.

Edit: Nuuvem has Silent Hill Homecoming for 7.78 USD for those that are interested(anyone???)

WreakHavoc

Neo Member
You gotta aim for the head bro, even if you manage to sneak up on someone. If not. Aim for the chest and spray. Remember to pull down to compensate for the recoil.

Bad moves happens all the time in CSGO. Don't rage quit over it. Learn from it and keep playing. I've been last on the team many times with 2-3 kills but I never quit before.

Do you guys play CSGO regularly or is it just these game nights I hear about? Casuals or competitive mode?!

Shadownet

Banned

Miguel81

I suddenly wish Turok: Dinosaur Hunter was on Steam ...
May need to break out the N64 for this and Conker, Goldeneye, and SOTE. :O

I don't know if I can deal with the swapped controls in this day n age. It's one of those games(King's Field series too) that's begging for a kb/m control method.

jesus you guys were getting aliens for 1 dollar and no one sent your boy hero prinny a heads up about it tho? can't believe my bros would do me dirty like that.

I just wanna back this up. I've only played a little bit of it, but i've been impressed with the updates, and it really reminds me of an old-school 90's shooter, with a cool magick motif, and plenty of dungeon-crawler elements. Its really worth checking out if any of those things strike your fancy for sure (Ozium is actually the one that got me interested and to buy it)

Ehh I'm so tempted to buy them all. But I think I can wait for an 80% Winter Sale. Soooooo tempted though.

yea just wait, that marvel heroes game dropped so fast in price

edit: btw whats good with counterstrike and them drops? I bought the game believing in the dream that I'd get some cash out of it from crates, even if it was only enough to break even from my purchase but I've only gotten a crate once and crates can't be THAT rare, I see someone get one nearly every round I play :( does the game hate me?

yea just wait, that marvel heroes game dropped so fast in price

edit: btw whats good with counterstrike and them drops? I bought the game believing in the dream that I'd get some cash out of it from crates, even if it was only enough to break even from my purchase but I've only gotten a crate once and crates can't be THAT rare, I see someone get one nearly every round I play :( does the game hate me?

Sometimes the RNG just doesn't love you. I was getting crate drops pretty regularly, but i haven't had a drop in 3 days/14 matches. Sometimes the game just doesn't wanna give.

iosefe

GMG is doing a Lego 75% off sale. All Lego games are $4.99 except Lego The Hobbit and Lego The Movie, which are $7.49.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/lego-...m/lego-titles/&PUBNAME=Ziff+Davis,+LLC&NID=CJ

Go crazy!

I play almost every day/night. Competitively. Though I do try and jump into a deathmatch or casual to warm up if I'm feeling rusty.

this makes me sad that i only have $0.15 in my GMG wallet. it just doesn't feel worth working at those playfire rewards

Shadownet

Banned

I think someone say you get around 4 cases a month? But completely random. I start keeping track of when I get a drop. And it's seem to be pretty true.

Around 3-5 case drops per month, and 2-3 weapons drop in between. I'm pretty sure I already made more than I spent on this game.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ehh I'm so tempted to buy them all. But I think I can wait for an 80% Winter Sale. Soooooo tempted though.

If you have some extra GMG credit from Playfire Rewards, I say go for it. Maybe wait on the 7.49 ones, though, since they'll hit 5 bucks soon enough. I just use my GMG credit on sales like this since it doesn't work with their vouchers anyway.

That new Gage Assault Pack for Payday 2 has really made me get back into playing the game, I've played 6 hours in the last 2 days, all the new guns are awesome and a goddamn tactical sledgehammer called the Ding Dong is too OP.

Sometimes the RNG just doesn't love you. I was getting crate drops pretty regularly, but i haven't had a drop in 3 days/14 matches. Sometimes the game just doesn't wanna give.

god dang rng. I wish I could disable seeing what other people get, it just makes me sadder when I don't get anything. I've only ever gotten anything twice. 1 skin for a pretty crappy gun and a crate. When I unlocked the crate it was.... a skin for the same shitty gun that I got the other skin for -_-

I think someone say you get around 4 cases a month? But completely random. I start keeping track of when I get a drop. And it's seem to be pretty true.

Around 3-5 case drops per month, and 2-3 weapons drop in between. I'm pretty sure I already made more than I spent on this game.

I'm so jealous.

Teppic

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Haven't played a Lego game since the first Star Wars one they made. Is all the other games like the first one? Pretty much no penalty for dying, press a on hundreds of object on every level to build something, collect a billion coins?

The newer ones have an open-world to mess around in, I think, but I think it's mostly the same.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Haven't played a Lego game since the first Star Wars one they made. Is all the other games like the first one? Pretty much no penalty for dying, press a on hundreds of object on every level to build something, collect a billion coins?
Pretty much, but less glitchy, and more funny. Marvel is pretty good.

KingDirk

Found this in my bundle, I was surprised:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die 2: Complete Pack -- MB-C12439C215D3A943 - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.
t1410075331z1.png

Also this should work but I can't guarantee it because it kept getting claimed and then returned.
ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Terraria -- MB-0F1BCDCD856CD901 - Taken by Jmanunknown

legacyzero

Banned
Dude... How in the hell does EA still have Medal of Honor: Airbourne servers still running??

Also, Rockets all day long, son.

I played it on XB1.
It wasn't as good as DR1 but I liked it more than DR2.
The Super Ultra DLC was a lot of fun though.
Personal rankings, for reference: DR1 >> 2 >>>>>> 3.

Dead Rising 1 is head-and-shoulders above the other iterations. Clunky, but a unique experience and it (unexpectedly) still holds up visually. Also legitimately difficult on a fresh save. 2 remained faithful to the formula and up until the final act it was close to being as enjoyable... but it became easier, it started getting a tad bit too self-aware with its humor and Capcom Vancouver was too fascinated by throwing more zombies at everything. Still a distinctive game, though. 3 on the other hand takes the zombie horde aspect too far, same can be said about the sheer number of toys at your disposal, some of its welcome conveniences are lead astray by other gameplay tweaks and it essentially shuns its roots to mimic Ubisoft's bloated open-world design template. It's like a more extreme version of the Case West DLC for 2 while just as forgettable.

I can't really comment on the Super Ultra DLC, but at first glance it doesn't appear as something I'd bother with for more than half an hour.

I disagree with you vehemently. That 'dumb' NPC interaction? It's awesome. And also I like the boss person. :(
Nick's boss could've been okay by virtue of her being portrayed as a strong female character. Or at least what can pass as such in Dead Rising 3. Too bad her personality is that of a snarky bitch even towards Nick if she isn't busy chastizing a group of people, repeatedly telling him off post-cutscene if you so much as linger around to explore a room for 10 seconds instead of heading out for the next mission post-haste. It's aggrivating.

Also, just so we're clear: I don't necessarily mind "dumb" NPC interactions. Feisty personalities damn near starting a mutiny in DR1, or that instance where you could bail out a survivor who was drunk out of his mind? Fantastic. The oblivious granny in a toystore in DR2, or some spunky black lady congratulating me with "not bad for a little white boy!" after I leveled up? Sure, that warranted some sudden laughs! DR3's NPC's on the flipside just keep rambling for the sake of talking - regularly by stating the obvious or beating you over the head with their presence, as if the game wasn't grating enough with that already - or to uphold this obnoxious "oh shit / oh crap / oh man / oh god" panic moment for fake urgency, and rarely does one NPC stand out from the other since so far they're all so forgettable in what they do or say. The game itself also hardly cares for them anymore with its so-called streamlined improvements by exclusively utilizing them as a tool for even more lengthy or braindead (with pieces of the 'puzzle' staring directly at you) fetchquests.

It all just feels so very flat in 3, even if all Dead Rising games had their overt stereotypes.

So JaseC heaven. I'm okay with this, in concept anyway.
If they were mechanical distractions with any kind of substance, then I may have been so inclined to agree. Instead, they're scattered about everywhere while simultaneously not well hidden, in-game notifications about them existing re-appear very frequently for the first two - three hours and they primarily function as carrot-on-a-stick temptations as you're heading to the next mission. "Okay I have to find this story related perso- wait, one of the abundant blueprints beckons to me! And a Frank statue with no purpose! And a propaganda speaker begging to be destroyed!" It's the definition of busybody work.

I shouldn't be actively telling myself over and over again that they're nothing more than pointless fluff on the way to advancing a campaign objective. It breaks immersion if I have to remind myself to ignore these elements.

Teppic

Pretty much, but less glitchy, and more funny. Marvel is pretty good.
It does look interesting. As do the Harry Potter ones. I'm just sad that they haven't put any effort into the gameplay of their games. The presentation looks good, but I don't think I will enjoy playing it.

I want to win Wasteland 2.

Also acceptable, but not as high on my list as The Evil Within.

Maybe he should just do the status quo Dead Rising 3, Witcher 3, or Divinity:OS.
Either way, I probably wouldn't even bother entering or would miss the raffle now that I'm less aware of what goes on in here... but if he did one of the 3 I listed above, at least I won't feel like I'd missed something if I miss it or end up losing. ;)

Yup.

Edit: The thread title gets me every time I've seen it. It was pretty funny when all that was happening.

While we are in agreement on the game, we are definitely at odds over the whole Mik fiasco.

Shade

Bundle junk giveaways too quiet. So have these! Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GTR Evolution -- MB-0FC4857A1850CEE9 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-33EA325B5B47E5F2 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
The Void -- MB-555C7B409E536265 - Taken by 3chopl0x. 1 entrants total.
Septerra Core -- MB-EBE1C708906DAED6 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
KnightShift -- MB-3E0606CE56C6A322 - Taken by lukiluk. 1 entrants total.
NecrovisioN -- MB-F5D7B14824350E29 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
Guardians of Graxia and DLC 3JDWM-964P4-6MZQM -- MB-9848905826CB4FFB - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
NecrovisioN Lost Company -- MB-C28F82FBFA0D5EDB - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.

t1410067651z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom