• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Indie Gala Grotesque Bundle - $1.99 first 24 hours.

Includes:

Wasteland Angel
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons and Donuts
Greed: Black Border
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Space Hack
Crash Time 2
Space Trader: Merchant Marine

Kaleinc

Banned
Would steam tell me if it is?

this is what I see:

18j493feqmhfxjpg9qskn.jpg
No, steam doesn't say anything and the result is like your screenshot.

Milamber

Dead Rising 3 PC released and is in a rather messy state thanks, in large part, to the complete lack of updated drivers.

The game ran pretty well for me, no crashes and I am on the latest Nvidia driver too. Just minor framerate drop issues during cutscenes.

AHA-Lambda

oh, is the badges page different now? It seems to only show my completed and in progress ones and none of the games I've sold off my card drops for.

hitoshi

Have fun

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

World of Goo -- MB-7CCA1E25CEB6B0A3 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
qzNSxgo.jpg
AudioSurf -- MB-75ED01F8F322CE75

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for World of Goo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AudioSurf was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1409973454z1.png

kudoboi

Indie Gala Grotesque Bundle - $1.99 first 24 hours.

Includes:

Wasteland Angel
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons and Donuts
Greed: Black Border
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Space Hack
Crash Time 2
Space Trader: Merchant Marine

is it just me or does the "First 24 hour" price keep increasing every new bundle?

is it just me or does the "First 24 hour" price keep increasing every new bundle?

Pretty sure it has. IIRC, it used to be at either $1.69 or $1.79 to start with. Not that I'm complaining, considering there were 6 games I didn't have.

Oh well. More giveaway fodder, I suppose.

Anyone knows if MGR:R (Steam) is giftable or code redeemable to people where "this item is currently unavailable in your region"? I don't really want to get the console version when my PC is good enough to play it at 1080p@60 Hz, and I have a 360 wired controller.

I'm from Singapore, and Konami Asia hates Steam.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier, but I never got a clear answer on the specifics of the region locking of MGR:R.
Buy from Amazon, activate with VPN.

Konami doesn't hate steam, they are just stupid when the western counterpart isn't supervising.

Haunted

My wishlist has actually never been larger. A well executed Autumn sale could be devastating to my wallet, not going to lie.

Grief.exe

Because I spent three hours each week by sending support tickets.

That seems excessive. The majority of Playfire issues can be fixed with patience. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks for credit to apply to your account.

If you need the credit sooner than that, just purchase the free EVE trial. Forces the credit to roll over.

also they are removing games I want to buy from their store, like Dark Souls 2 Season pass, for example.
EDIT: I don't "hate" any store, simply games offered by GMG doesn't appeal me at the moment, and the fact that some games are available only for US users (like all Konami titles) let me just skip their store at all.

That seems to be a publisher issue rather than a fault you can pin directly on GMG.

cpooi

Buy from Amazon, activate with VPN.

Konami doesn't hate steam, they are just stupid when the western counterpart isn't supervising.

So you are certain it would be playable without VPN afterwards? Cause there are some games that won't play in some regions.

I'm pretty sure Konami Asia hates Steam though, even if the western counterpart doesn't. There is not a single Konami game that is available on Steam here.

That seems to be a publisher issue rather than a fault you can pin directly on GMG.
I can't access GMG since late March, they IP blocked the whole country.
So you are certain it would be playable without VPN afterwards? Cause there are some games that won't play in some regions.

I'm pretty sure Konami Asia hates Steam though, even if the western counterpart doesn't. There is not a single Konami game that is available on Steam here.
I'm sure, and AtGames has exclusive publishing deals with both SEGA and Konami, it's stupid.

If some media site writes about that tweet I can't wait for the reactions.

Even if, let's say people would consider this as serious, there's no source anymore since Laidlaw has removed his account. This only exists on reddit now.

Only some really amateur sites would make a story about this.

Parsnip

So SteamGAF with SSD's, how do you deal with your games? Keep couple often played favorites there but most of the library in another drive I would guess. Thinking about finally jumping on one myself.

Anything else I should take note of with Windows 7? I'm guessing again, but modern OS's are probably smart enough to deal with SSD's without anything extra needing to be enabled or disabled?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anything else I should take note of with Windows 7? I'm guessing again, but modern OS's are probably smart enough to deal with SSD's without anything extra needing to be enabled or disabled?

Yeah, you don't need to do anything. Running your OS from an SSD is one of the best upgrades you can do regardless of the rest of your system (well, unless you haven't upgraded your RAM since 2006 ;)).

The_Monk

For curiosity sake, will my Defense Grid 2 Beta will be gone from my library once the full game is released? Also, why is the game not stated as "Beta" in my Library, say, like "Left 2 Dead 2 Beta"? This also make it seems like I own the game which I do not.

Also, I wonder if the same will apply to "Calibre 10 Racing Series" and "Chess the Gathering" that does not even have an official Steam Page. Any input towards this is appreciated, thanks!

Even if, let's say people would consider this as serious, there's no source anymore since Laidlaw has removed his account. This only exists on reddit now.

Only some really amateur sites would make a story about this.

Wow, his account's gone? Weird. I've been following him for years, he's talked so little about Half-Life that I often only associate him with his books and short stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom