• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prudislav

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (prudislav, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-3606985203BE4369 - Taken by yo_soy_el_topo. 2 entrants total.

t1410106353z1.png
good luck

madjoki

For curiosity sake, will my Defense Grid 2 Beta will be gone from my library once the full game is released? Also, why is the game not stated as "Beta" in my Library, say, like "Left 2 Dead 2 Beta"? This also make it seems like I own the game which I do not.

Also, I wonder if the same will apply to "Calibre 10 Racing Series" and "Chess the Gathering" that does not even have an official Steam Page. Any input towards this is appreciated, thanks!

Yeah, Defense Grid 2 beta will be removed after it's released. Same applies to almost all games.

Calibre 10 from Alienware Arena is full version, not limited to alpha.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Space Hack -- MB-47C39A2E70899D05 - Taken by dave is ok
Grotesque Tactics Evil Heroes -- MB-5DE7E17CEF9DAC02 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Greed Black Border -- MB-59FB731372894EAD - Taken by Ryne
Wasteland Angel -- MB-7C56720E4AEBE2C8 - Taken by salazar547

Sendou

Getting some weird artifacts when playing Arkham Origins. Any chance someone experienced something similiar? Think forcing DX9 mode would help it? Here's how it looks:

Basically in every group of thugs at least one of them has these weird lines shooting out of them. Also I read about how buggy the game is and the lack of improvements to this situation. Not very cool and makes me hesitant getting Arkham City close to launch.

Vuze

Getting some weird artifacts when playing Arkham Origins. Any chance someone experienced something similiar? Think forcing DX9 mode would help it? Here's how it looks:

Basically in every group of thugs at least one of them has these weird lines shooting out of them. Also I read about how buggy the game is and the lack of improvements to this situation. Not very cool and makes me hesitant getting Arkham City close to launch.

Are you on AMD beta drivers by any chance? I had those vertex glitches in various games until I reverted to the stable release.

So SteamGAF with SSD's, how do you deal with your games? Keep couple often played favorites there but most of the library in another drive I would guess. Thinking about finally jumping on one myself.

Anything else I should take note of with Windows 7? I'm guessing again, but modern OS's are probably smart enough to deal with SSD's without anything extra needing to be enabled or disabled?

Nothing special needed. OS on SSD, Steam on HD.

Sendou

Are you on AMD beta drivers by any chance? I had those vertex glitches in various games until I reverted to the stable release.

I'm actually on GeForce 340.52.

So SteamGAF with SSD's, how do you deal with your games? Keep couple often played favorites there but most of the library in another drive I would guess. Thinking about finally jumping on one myself.

Anything else I should take note of with Windows 7? I'm guessing again, but modern OS's are probably smart enough to deal with SSD's without anything extra needing to be enabled or disabled?

"I need a new PC" thread has a link to helpful tweak guide. It's worth putting the 15 minutes it takes to it.

Anteater

Damn Lego Marvel looks so good, I was just doing the
Magneto
fight and watching a hundred bricks flying around the screen in 60fps is awesome, the game animates so well.

The performance is pretty good too, other than some drops in the open world and when it's loading, I could run it at 3840 × 2160.

Parsnip

Yeah, you don't need to do anything. Running your OS from an SSD is one of the best upgrades you can do regardless of the rest of your system (well, unless you haven't upgraded your RAM since 2006 ;)).
Nothing special needed. OS on SSD, Steam on HD.
sn-awesome.gif

"I need a new PC" thread has a link to helpful tweak guide. It's worth putting the 15 minutes it takes to it.
Adventuring outside of SteamGAF? Preposterous!

Hanzou

But do you get any benefits while playing when your games are not on it? Or is it sufficient for only the OS to be on SSD to see improvements for games?
Now that you can chose which drives to install games on you can you can go decide on a game by game basis if you want it on the ssd or not.

Magneto
fight and watching a hundred bricks flying around the screen in 60fps is awesome, the game animates so well.

The performance is pretty good too, other than some drops in the open world and when it's loading, I could run it at 3840 × 2160.

My favorite Lego game

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Magneto

I think their streaming is a bit aggressive and that's why the drops happen in the open-world area and nowhere else.

Grief.exe

I didn't earn any achievements for DMC over the back half of the game.

Finished the final bosses today. Overall I liked the game, though the pacing could have been significantly better.

I found the good combat sections where I really got to dive into the meat of the combat system were too few and far between. Then, much of the combat was split apart by platforming sections which grew exceedingly tedious over the course of the game.

Now that you can chose which drives to install games on you can you can go decide on a game by game basis if you want it on the ssd or not.
Ah, that's nice. I am curious whether a game being installed on SSD gives any performance improvements. Plan on getting a 128GB one hopefully this fall/winter for my first desktop PC but if there are huge gains for games being on SSD, I would consider getting a 256GB one.

LoveCake

Not sure of where to put this, so i will put it here.

I have a free code for Magicka via STEAM i have a code that came free in a magazine i sub to, it's worth £8 apparently.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/

I am not sure what region the code is valid, it may be UK/EU only as i'm in the UK.

I'm never going to use it, so if someone want's it then drop me a PM.

I'm offering this free & first come-first serve (i will edit this once the code is gone)

I am NOT involved with this game/dev/pub in anyway.

Anyone else having problems with GMG's discount codes? I'm trying to use the 20% code from the front page: 1EUYMC-XPDZG8-K0F6WX against LEGO Marvel, and it just tells me "Unable to add the voucher".

Are the LEGO games exempt from the discount? That would be frustrating given that clicking the voucher on the front page takes you to their LEGO landing page.

Someone explain modbot to me, how did it lock that ff thread talking about mmos and why did it leave that comment? Is there a way to report threads or something?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That HuniePop OT sure is something special.

tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

Modbot hurt my whore feelings with that last post.

Indie Gala Grotesque Bundle - $1.99 first 24 hours.

Includes:

Wasteland Angel
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons and Donuts
Greed: Black Border
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Space Hack
Crash Time 2
Space Trader: Merchant Marine

The "GARBAGEDUMP" bundle.

Basically this.

hahaha, here's another one:

ab9qib0.png

you better not fall for that :p

So, adjusting for Valve time, HL3 will release in 2021.

Also I read about how buggy the game is and the lack of improvements to this situation. Not very cool and makes me hesitant getting Arkham City close to launch.

I mean, Arkham Knight is being made by Rocksteady, so I wouldn't worry about picking it up close to launch because it was buggy.

Not picking it up at launch because of the inevitable GOTY edition I can understand though.

Someone explain modbot to me, how did it lock that ff thread talking about mmos and why did it leave that comment? Is there a way to report threads or something?

Secret spoilers:

Haven't I seen ModBot lock threads before? What's the secret?
ModBot also has moderation functions. Moderators and Administrators can use ModBot to do a variety of administrative functions faster, especially when moderating from mobile devices. One of the functions ModBot has is to allow a moderator to lock a thread and leave a message describing why without identifying the moderator who locked the thread. Behind the scenes, the moderator who locked the thread is still recorded. Every moderator has access to ModBot. ModBot is not an actively maintained account, so sending complaint PMs to ModBot will not get you a response. PM a moderator if you have moderation questions.

rtcn63

Modbot is an advanced version of John Malkovich, which the other "human" mods can enter and take control of at various times to anonymously earn the ire of the board.

Modbot is an advanced version of John Malkovich, which the other "human" mods can enter and take control of at various times to anonymously earn the ire of the board.

Then, after about fifteen minutes, they''re spit out into a ditch on the side of The New Jersey Turnpike.

Ah ok so its an actual person locking threads but theyre on modbot. I thought thats what it was but i wasnt too sure. Thanks, binary :) shame on everyone else with their silly self aware ai theories!!

Jawmuncher

I definitely felt that the psychopaths in DR3 made up for the ones in 2. I can barely remember the ones there since they were so bland.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely felt that the psychopaths in DR3 made up for the ones in 2. I can barely remember the ones there since they were so bland.

To be fair, 2 had that one guy that looked sort of like Walter from SH4 and the guy with the tamable tiger.

That's really all I remember of 2's psychopaths.

Dr Dogg

This is probably the most disturbing boss I've fought in a game. (Dead Rising 3 semi-spoiler, Buffet boss)

Dead Rising has always been a series with OTT boss encounters in their Psycho's but the ones I've fought so far in 3 are off the chain. I'm partially laughing, partially cringing and partially dumbstruck during their cutscenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom