• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Okay, here is the rest of Bundle Stuff I have. Maybe somebody wants it, though at this point I bet most people who want these games already bought them for a euro on sale three years ago ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fantastapotamus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-D60A0B7A5D333022 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-16E7A5A0C8FA0B61 - Taken by Patison. 3 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-4A7032956985DFDB - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-789B6817494AA965
Frozen Synapse -- MB-7B1D6FB15935B0FC

t1410114693z1.png

Terra_Ex

Just learned about the Avernum 2 announcement and that's good news. Surprised it took them so long though.
I'm more interested in seeing him revisit Geneforge personally, I'll get the game regardless, but after seeing how quickly Avadon 2 dropped to 75% off in sales, I won't be purchasing it at launch.

Dr Dogg

The tiger was by far the best one just because you could tame him.
That was a nice touch.

For me it was also a massive pain in the arse to do. Trying to get Snowflake lined up as you throw a bevy of stakes out in front was a massive hassle. Though when the big puddly cat joined as a follower it more than made up for the 10 or so attempts it took.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Just learned about the Avernum 2 announcement and that's good news. Surprised it took them so long though.

I didn't even know about this, cool.

I should probably get around to playing some of their other games though. I've got Geneforge 1 and Avernum 4 already installed but I haven't gotten around to playing them :|

Hanzou

Ah, that's nice. I am curious whether a game being installed on SSD gives any performance improvements. Plan on getting a 128GB one hopefully this fall/winter for my first desktop PC but if there are huge gains for games being on SSD, I would consider getting a 256GB one.
Not really going to get any extra FPS unless your game runs out of ram and has to hit the swap file. In all honest you will just have shorter load times. For example I tested the initial load in crusader kings and it took something like 1 minute and 15 seconds on my normal hard drive and around 30 seconds or so on my ssd. My motherboard is old as well and only has sata2 so it is limiting the speed of my ssd most likely.

For a lot of games that have shorter single level loads you want have enougg time to read the tips on the loading screen. Talking about 2 second load times in bioshock Infinite for example.

Sendou

I mean, Arkham Knight is being made by Rocksteady, so I wouldn't worry about picking it up close to launch because it was buggy.

Not picking it up at launch because of the inevitable GOTY edition I can understand though.

While I think that's a fair point I'd like to say that I don't blame WB Games Montreal for the lack of patches. I blame WB as the publisher. They are behind the choice to drop support soon after the launch while the product was still broken. Changing developer doesn't fix that. I always feel bad when developers get blamed for these things. Ultimately it's money that controls post-launch support and the money here isn't controlled by the developer. So my conserns remain as both the game remaining buggy and regarding the inevitable GOTY edition too.

Lomax

Anyone else having problems with GMG's discount codes? I'm trying to use the 20% code from the front page: 1EUYMC-XPDZG8-K0F6WX against LEGO Marvel, and it just tells me "Unable to add the voucher".

Are the LEGO games exempt from the discount? That would be frustrating given that clicking the voucher on the front page takes you to their LEGO landing page.

It's the letter O rather than the number 0 - 1EUYMC-XPDZG8-KOF6WX

I don't know why companies don't avoid confusing letters like that.

L.O.R.D

duck
i just accepted a trade for my copy of Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry for 1 key + ticket
it appear it was in reverse , some one offered me the same deal i was posted while ago
and i just trade one copy for a gaffer for 1 key + ticket
i feel dumb
i know i didn't get any profit from this , i got those game also for 1 key + ticket

Tenrius

I'm more interested in seeing him revisit Geneforge personally, I'll get the game regardless, but after seeing how quickly Avadon 2 dropped to 75% off in sales, I won't be purchasing it at launch.

Well, Avernum 2 isn't on Steam at, while Geneforge is and plays just fine. Still would be nice to see it remade, of course.

I mean, Arkham Knight is being made by Rocksteady, so I wouldn't worry about picking it up close to launch because it was buggy.

Not picking it up at launch because of the inevitable GOTY edition I can understand though.

Not picking it up on launch because of the inevitable quick price drops in addition to the seeming focus on the batmobile are both equally good reasons too. Both are reasons why the game isn't even really on my radar at this point.

kudoboi

NS6pclp.png

looks like R* just started controlling the community section a few hours ago?

the system requirements thread was also renamed a few hours back

ViviOggi

I knew what I was in for but Thi4f's premise and dialogue still managed to surprise me with their awfulness. $0.33 sounds about right

Tellaerin

So I went ahead and used some Golden Keys to gear up in Borderlands 2. 10 keys was enough for me to replace my entire loadout and then some. Ended up with substantial improvements across the board. (Best upgrade was going from my "awesome" rocket launcher that did ~1900 per shot (hey, I thought it was awesome!) to one that does 6000.) Definitely makes the tougher bits more manageable for solo play.

The only downside, I think, is that my best items came out of a magic treasure chest in town rather than off of enemies or boxes in the overworld. Not a huge deal, but knowing I've got keys to fall back on does kind of undercut my drive to hunt for rares while playing, which is a bit of a bummer. Maybe instead of each key guaranteeing a couple of rare items, keys could have been a use item that would temporarily boost the quality of item drops or something. That way, you still would've had to hunt for the gear yourself.

I knew what I was in for but Thi4f's premise and dialogue still managed to surprise me with their awfulness. $0.33 sounds about right

haha, I have yet to hear 1 compliment about that game. Anytime someone talks about it they always say something negative. I guess that game has absolutely nothing going for it. Its a shame since I thought it would be a poor man's version of dishonored(as in its a a below avg game that takes some pointers from it but can still be enjoyed if you enter with low expectations) .

So I went ahead and used some Golden Keys to gear up in Borderlands 2. 10 keys was enough for me to replace my entire loadout and then some. Ended up with substantial improvements across the board. (Best upgrade was going from my "awesome" rocket launcher that did ~1900 per shot (hey, I thought it was awesome!) to one that does 6000.) Definitely makes the tougher bits more manageable for solo play.

The only downside, I think, is that my best items came out of a magic treasure chest in town rather than off of enemies or boxes in the overworld. Not a huge deal, but knowing I've got keys to fall back on does kind of undercut my drive to hunt for rares while playing, which is a bit of a bummer. Maybe instead of each key guaranteeing a couple of rare items, keys could have been a use item that would temporarily boost the quality of item drops or something. That way, you still would've had to hunt for the gear yourself.

Last time I checked I had 55 keys, I will occasionally drop in and use a few every once in a while since I have no motivation to actually play the game.

rtcn63

Hey guys, do Ass Creed games normally run super hot? I own Black Flag on uplay, but haven't touched it in ages. Freedom Cry can't do a stable 60fps, and my GTX 670 hits 55 celcius during play.

EDIT: It's ~70-80F right now outside, sunny day

ViviOggi

haha, I have yet to hear 1 compliment about that game. Anytime someone talks about it they always say something negative. I guess that game has absolutely nothing going for it. Its a shame since I thought it would be a poor man's version of dishonored(as in its a a below avg game that takes some pointers from it but can still be enjoyed if you enter with low expectations) .
I'll keep playing for a bit, probably skipping cutscenes when they get too egregious. I just got out of the tutorial mission so I haven't even seen the remains of the infamous XP/upgrade system first hand yet. If I had to say something positive about the game it'd be regarding the controls and movement, feels pretty smooth so far.

Deitus

I've a question regarding DR3.
Basically since the game crashes a lot, I save after each collectible I take.
BUT
I've noticed that if I save, the game crashes and then I'm on the garace of the last part of the city I visited, but the timer is still going.
I've received a message, "The bomb will explode between X:XX".
What bomb??
Am I screwing my play?
Also if I restart a chapter, I need to do again all side-missions?

When you complete Chapter 0, you get a story sequence explaining that
the government is going to bomb the city in 6 (or 5, can't remember) days
. That's just the plot device that is pressuring you to advance the story in order to escape the city. I don't think you are screwing yourself, except that having to constantly run back from the garage probably wastes a bit of time. The timers are pretty generous from what I've seen so far though.

Although if it is really restarting on you that often, maybe you should just wait until a patch or a driver update makes the game a bit more playable.

Not sure about restarting a chapter though, I haven't tried it.

Copons

Not in Europe.
7.49€ + 2.81€ DLC vs 8€ for the Complete Edition

EU2 here and I'm seeing

3.74€ base + 2.99€ DLC vs 8.00€ for the Complete Edition.

So yeah, it'd cheaper to buy them separate. :D

EDIT: beaten, by a smoking duck even :'(

Copons

What tier is that? 2?
Edit: apparently.
Well, in tier 1, it's the other way around =p

I don't give a shit about LA Noire, but I'd buy it just to reward R* for being like the only publisher acknowledging that EU2 basically means 2nd world and defaulted countries. :D

Deitus

A curiosity: on Darker Gods, can you actually save the woman?

I don't remember the names of sidequests, but is that the one with the lady in the cemetery doing a dark ritual?
Yes, you can save her. I'm not sure if you stop her by hitting her or talking to her before she completes the ritual, but I did both and it seemed to work. She survived and became my follower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom