• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA Noire ran like hot garbage for me, I tried to play through it again last year and it was just awful, I had to stop. Could barely keep it above 30fps.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

the few -- MB-7BCB503EA1B45718 - Taken by trailmix16
8bitboy -- MB-348ECC7AB1EB5936 - Taken by Sendou
urban trial freestyle -- MB-7E029C8EC597082D - Taken by Anteater

extras

Copons

Just saw this on community hub, DR3 related:

1. Desktop Nvidia users with discrete graphics cards

So now a 760 is a discrete card.

I don't know the context, but you may be misunderstanding "discrete" meaning: while its meanings are the same of "discreto" in Italian, in English it tends to be more "separate" than "decent".
So, yup, 760 is a discrete card, as in "non integrated".

Well...let's put it this way. I'd buy Brodzilla before I bought LA Noire.

And I'd be happy to sell it to you!

Still, whenever someone mention RDR and PC in the same sentence, I start a full week of depression and despair.

Started playing Divinity: Original Sin. Seems pretty great, but very overwhelming too.

It did seem to use Intel HD Graphics instead of my graphics card, I set the NVIDIA thing to force the usage of the actual card so I hope that works. A

Tizoc

Nice view
90B456A39E1C85C731E7CBEE5ACD7881CE3CDA4D

Kyougar

jesus, what the fuck. People actually like games like this?

what do you mean with "games like this?"
Of course, this particular game seems to be terribad. Art and Dialogue wise.
But whats wrong with the genre (Visual novel) and the Theme (Gender bender or Transgender)

Anteater

Finished Lego Marvel, game is pretty decent and I liked it more than I expected, probably because there's a good variety of locations and characters to play as (they all fall into the same archetypes so basically they're just different characters with the same skills).

The game itself is pretty simplistic and rely on a lot of collect-a-thon kind of gameplay, it kept my attention for a while although at times it feels a bit repetitive but enough to get me through the entire game.

Game looks really good and I suggest GeDoSaTo for downsampling, game runs really well and the visuals and animations are spectacular.

Thanks Jaked! Always wanted to try Urban Trial since I've heard it's like a poor man's Trials game, and I never bought any of them.

KiDdYoNe

Guys, i was wondering maybe you can suggest some good RPG like TES series? Doesn't need to be first-person, just want to fill up some bars, get some abilities, shiny armor, awesome weapon, you know?

Oh and i have a shitty rig, it's a laptop with i3-2330 @ 2.20, 3GB RAM and 520MX card, yeah...

EDIT: Damn. Forgot to say, if there's any of those that i can play with controller?

Thanks for the Amalur, will get that one in a while and Torchlight 2 is for sure played already, thanks!

Guys, i was wondering maybe you can suggest some good RPG like TES series? Doesn't need to be first-person, just want to fill some scales, get some abilities, shiny armor, awesome weapon, you know?

Oh and i have a shitty rig, it's a laptop with i3-2330 @ 2.20, 3GB RAM and 520MX card, yeah...

maybe torchlight 2?? , is not very RPGish but there is a lot of loot if thats what you are looking for

r3n4ud

Take 'em away folks!
ModBot [b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream -- MB-7858E10E66E7DB59 - Taken by someguyinahat
System Shock 2 -- MB-5B4C87B84F9A64BE - Taken by anastef

It's the letter O rather than the number 0 - 1EUYMC-XPDZG8-KOF6WX

I don't know why companies don't avoid confusing letters like that.

Wow, and I even thought to myself "that's clearly a zero, not an O". I don't know why they don't display their vouchers as selectable text..

Thanks!

rtcn63

I know the consensus goes against Borderlands, but I found it be one of those games which you either dislike right away or gleefully play for 20+ hours, but afterwards, never ever want to touch again.

Copons

I know the consensus goes against Borderlands, but I found it be one of those games which you either dislike right away or gleefully play for 20+ hours, but afterwards, never ever want to touch again.

Make it "5 hours top" and I'm with you. :(

Hey hey, I don't wanna hear it okay? I never spend any money on myself. Is it time I buy myself something nice that I really want?

I got a Stat-Trak M4A1 Guardian (FN) and an AK-47 Redline (MW)

I'm not trying to give you any guff, I just like posting that gif. Those skins are pretty cool actually, if that's what you want, more power to you!

rtcn63

Everyone has their vice. JaseC has AssCreed, and Shadow seems to like CS:GO memorabilia. Should they necessarily be allowed to live? That's not for me to answer.

Acosta

Hey guys, have anyone experienced the "unexpected error" thing. I have tried buying Dominions 4 but it doesn't matter I try my wallet or Paypal, I always get that thing. First time in many years I have this kind of problem... am I forced to open a ticket?

Vuze

Yep, I will never touch the Borderlands franchise again after I played through BL2 for 25h or so.

Playing Dead Rising 3, and while framerate is quite annoying I was still enjoying it. At some point though it got unplayable. It dropped to like 1-2 FPS to every few seconds. It was irritiating I had to close the game.
Now I have to beat the monk boss again for the third time. It doesn't help that save points doesn't seem to be showed on the map this time, which is kinda annoying.

Jawmuncher

Playing Dead Rising 3, and while framerate is quite annoying I was still enjoying it. At some point though it got unplayable. It dropped to like 1-2 FPS to every few seconds. It was irritiating I had to close the game.
Now I have to beat the monk boss again for the third time. It doesn't help that save points doesn't seem to be showed on the map this time, which is kinda annoying.

Are you playing on nightmare?
Regular mode you can save anywhere.
If you are on nightmare the Safe Houses you can clear out are gunarteed save locations that you want to clear ASAP. Since finding port-a-johns can be a pain.

Lomax

Teeth

The DayZ guys must be loaded.

The game continues to sell like crazy, but all I ever hear about it is how unfinished, terrible, buggy, and behind on development it is. The tail is incredibly long for it, yet word of mouth appears to me to be horrible.

Is it just another case of people on the internet are crazy negative but the silent majority is loving it?

Rust sure fell from grace.

Rust is making actual real progress, but the new engine version is still behind the legacy version. So it appears like nothing has happened for months. I think once the new baseline is hit, the numbers will slowly climb back up.

The Rust dev blog is one of the most interesting things to read in gaming. Tons of transparency. I don't even play Rust and I read it every Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom