• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

how to know who the last person is spoke with in the steam chat ?
because i always forget very fast the people i speak with them

hey guys what ever happened to day z? I heard the mod was still better than the standalone, is that still true?
t46zabq.gif

which skins?

LOL my thought exactly x_x at least he likes it though :)

Guys, i was wondering maybe you can suggest some good RPG like TES series? Doesn't need to be first-person, just want to fill up some bars, get some abilities, shiny armor, awesome weapon, you know?

Oh and i have a shitty rig, it's a laptop with i3-2330 @ 2.20, 3GB RAM and 520MX card, yeah...

You may not be able to run The witcher, but there are for sure other games that could run on your laptop: off the top of my head Dragon Age and Path of Exile - that is a hack'n'slash game like Torchligth with a lot of looting but it is free to play.

Are you playing on nightmare?
Regular mode you can save anywhere.
If you are on nightmare the Safe Houses you can clear out are gunarteed save locations that you want to clear ASAP. Since finding port-a-johns can be a pain.

Yeah, playing on nightmare. I actually found a overrun safe house but I didn't know what do to. I couldn't save and there wasn't a single zombie inside.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Not picking it up on launch because of the inevitable quick price drops in addition to the seeming focus on the batmobile are both equally good reasons too. Both are reasons why the game isn't even really on my radar at this point.

I've been playing through the franchise again, and I'm pretty hyped for it to release. I probably won't pick it up on launch, but I'm interested in how the batmobile works.

Plus it's supposed to feature Scarecrow, so I'm hyped regardless :p

I can already tell that this is going to be good.

8 minutes in and the dialogue is so bad. The art is so bad. Why is this so bad?

So many grammatical errors in a product for sale :|

Having watched all of it, I have no idea who would pay $25 for this. Seriously.

Ehh, R* social club though. I'll greatly consider it.

No. I'm too creeped out by LA Noire's face tech to want to buy it.

But you can see the emotions.

_hekk05

Banned
I've been burned in all of my big steam purchases so far. BLOPS II and DR3 both suck for their own reasons.

Pls save me indie games

Tellaerin

I know the consensus goes against Borderlands, but I found it be one of those games which you either dislike right away or gleefully play for 20+ hours, but afterwards, never ever want to touch again.

I'm enjoying BL2 well enough, and I imagine I'll go through it more than once, but I already see myself taking long breaks between playthroughs. It's the kind of game where I won't have the urge to play for ages, then I'll get in that right mood and marathon it for a week or two until I've had my fill again.

Sendou

Not sure about Arkham Origins. It's kind of subpar. Everything seems like a B-effort compared to Arkham Asylum. City was a step back already but this is like three step backs from that. Bug ridden. I don't know. Combat doesn't feel as good as AA and nothing else is there either. I'm quickly starting to hate this game so maybe I'll just drop it.

Tenrius

Not sure about Arkham Origins. It's kind of subpar. Everything seems like a B-effort compared to Arkham Asylum. City was a step back already but this is like three step backs from that. Bug ridden. I don't know. Combat doesn't feel as good as AA and nothing else is there either. I'm quickly starting to hate this game so maybe I'll just drop it.

I had similar impressions, although I did force myself to finish it. People say it's just more of the same stuff featured in City, but that wasn't quite true for me. I absolutely love Asylum, had a blast with City but hated Origins.

Asgaro

Also, if you set to boot to desktop view and configure to open files with non-fullscreen applications, Win 8 basically becomes a flat Win 7 with a weird start menu.

But you will never get back Aero.
I still don't get why they removed that, hence why I will stay with Windows 7 for quite a long time.

I just don't like the plain flat interface with Windows 95 era icons.

AHA-Lambda

I heard LA Noire is shit, but how shit is it?

I wouldn't call it outright shit, but it is flawed.

Key problems from what I remember would be really poor storytelling (towards the end I had no clue what was going on tbh) and repetitive design - the cases just don't diversify enough, to the point where you can game every interview with any suspect in the exact same fashion with high degree of success.

kiyomi

Everything about it is well made, the facial tech is still kind of amazing, and the overall atmosphere is pretty different from most other games. But it's a really lazy and often times clumsy attempt at an adventure-game-with-a-bit-of-shooting-and-driving-in-it. One of my biggest gripes is that when doing your detective work and your interviews, you can't fail. There is no fail state. So it never matters how thorough you are, or how much thought you put into it, so long as you find the minimum requirement to move the story along. It's a really unfulfilling game.

Oh, and the plot is criminally poor.

I know realistically its coming eventually, but can't help but be envious of console players and their Destiny hype. Have been able to say that I can wait for the inevitable PC ports for things like GTA, MGS, and likely others, but the realities of the six month/year PC tax only has felt like a real thing for the first time here.

Tenrius

It's an amazing game as long as you're prepared to treat it like a collection of small period drama pieces without any really coherent story to tie everything together. People usually say it's shit because they wanted it to be a GTA game, which it wasn't (it's not even an open world game, really, it just happens to have a more or less open world). Others wanted to see some sort of amazing plot with twists, turns, well-written characters, betrayals and so on. None of that is really present, but I feel this game was never meant to be like that. It's a highly episodic police procedural drama set in LA of the '40s, all it has are little disconnected vignettes and it's also an adventure game with skippable shooting and driving bits, it does not truly belong to the action/adventure games.

I really liked it, because I got from it exactly what I wanted. It's one of my favorite games from the last gen.

Tenrius

I know realistically its coming eventually, but can't help but be envious of console players and their Destiny hype. Have been able to say that I can wait for the inevitable PC ports for things like GTA, MGS, and likely others, but the realities of the six month/year PC tax only has felt like a real thing for the first time here.

"Inevitable PC ports for things like MGS" is a good one. I have waited six long years for the inevitable PC port of MGS3 before I finally got a PS2 to play it. It's really good to see the tides turning though.

kiyomi

Yes and no, on the one hand it's kinda disappointing it's not day and date with the console versions (or even been announced), but then everything I've seen of that game makes it look really, really underwhelming, and I can't quite understand the hype. Plus there's always the new Borderlands since
they're basically the same thing cough cough

I see what you did there. >.>

Guilty. As. Charged.

Think I've about had it with Alice: Madness Returns. Constantly fetching stuff, which the character even remarks upon, and now a platforming sequence that just takes way too long have killed my interest. Too bad, but for a fiver, I won't complain.

Yes and no, on the one hand it's kinda disappointing it's not day and date with the console versions (or even been announced), but then everything I've seen of that game makes it look really, really underwhelming, and I can't quite understand the hype. Plus there's always the new Borderlands since
they're basically the same thing cough cough

I bought an Xbone just for Destiny (and Halo). On the plus side, I now have the controller to use on my PC.

AHA-Lambda

Can't say I am, after playing the beta I just felt a wave of apathy that amounted to "is that it?"

I'm sure I'll check it out and see what it amounts to in the end though, more from latent curiousity I guess (did the same with watch dogs but look how far that got me), as my father bought a Destiny XB1 bundle last week.

Arthea

I can wait for Destiny, no problems, even if I want to play it,
while wait for Trails SC will be hard, real hard, even if I waited so long already! (><)
I'm more concerned about No Man's Sky, to be frank.

Ozium

Rust is making actual real progress, but the new engine version is still behind the legacy version. So it appears like nothing has happened for months. I think once the new baseline is hit, the numbers will slowly climb back up.

The Rust dev blog is one of the most interesting things to read in gaming. Tons of transparency. I don't even play Rust and I read it every Friday.

I want to get Rust but I keep hearing the community is garbage, the servers are full of hackers and facepunch doesn't care...

AHA-Lambda

Agreed, although I remember thinking at the time of reveal that they were already outdoing Destiny on it's initial promise, probably still true :p

I just get the feeling No Man's Sky is 3D Starbound now tbh, personally I'm not a lover of sandbox games that have no structure to them =/

iosefe

I can wait for Destiny, no problems, even if I want to play it,
while wait for Trails SC will be hard, real hard, even if I waited so long already! (><)
It's coming,though

*edit*oh, you mean the end result

tmarg

I just get the feeling No Man's Sky is 3D Starbound now tbh, personally I'm not a lover of sandbox games that have no structure to them =/

I do like those games, and even I'm extremely skeptical of NMS. We have no clue what the actual gameplay will be like, and they've made no real attempt to tell us.

Hugstable

Banned
I do like those games, and even I'm extremely skeptical of NMS. We have no clue what the actual gameplay will be like, and they've made no real attempt to tell us.

With the scale they said they have planned and the size of the dev team, I expect it to be a game of just traveling around an not much to do on the planets besides look at around at the procedurally generated areas.

AHA-Lambda

With the scale they said they have planned and the size of the dev team, I expect it to be a game of just traveling around an not much to do on the planets besides look at around at the procedurally generated areas.

Yeesh, the backlash will be immense if this just ends up being sci-fi Dear Esther :S

Arthea

Agreed, although I remember thinking at the time of reveal that they were already outdoing Destiny on it's initial promise, probably still true :p

NMS more or less sounds like my dream game. Will it deliver, is another question. My concern is and about a game and about PC release. I was so sure it's a PC game, like 100% sure, so it was shocking revelation to me.

have you seen the last trailer? It featured space battles, so no, that's not gonna happen,
at least I hope so

Monooboe

Aaaand done! With DR3.:D Even got the S ending. S is good right?^^; Had a great time with game, much much more so than the first or second one.

Nzyme32

I can't bring myself to go for the last achievement right now. Not sure if it is because I'm stupid or something, but the last levels of Hexcells Infinite were frustratingly difficult. So much so, that for the first time playing the games, I don't think the lvls 6-3, 6-4 & 6-5 were actually fun. The difficulty was just a bit too much for me and involved too much mental gymnastics. Perhaps that's the way it's meant to be or maybe it is that I just missed something obvious in them. At least the last lvl 6-6 felt fun again

yrq74Ex.png

Hugstable

Banned
NMS more or less sounds like my dream game. Will it deliver, is another question. My concern is and about a game and about PC release. I was so sure it's a PC game, like 100% sure, so it was shocking revelation to me.

have you seen the last trailer? It featured space battles, so no, that's not gonna happen,
at least I hope so

There was another trailer recently? Need to check that out haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom