• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

So hard to enjoy playing a game you enjoy playing when it keeps crashing. I would even tolerate playing it at 30fps if it didn't crash so often. I really hope they patch this quickly because there's couple more weeks before all madness is unleashed and hundreds, nay, thousands of games will be released every week and that's when DR3 no longer has a chance to get any playing time.

You probably already know this, but downgrading your gfx drivers should stop the crashing.

I don't think Destiny is going to live up to the hype, it's gonna be a Titanfall-esque situation again, hype for 2 weeks then nobody talks about it. Also I might be a little salty still that they didn't bother with a PC version.

Evrain

Me personally, I still have hope that BLOPS will someday go down to >10 bucks, so that I can finally enjoy the zombie-goodness in co-op. It interests me much more than the MP or SP tbh.
Same here, although they got smarter and pulverized the storyline across dlc packs.
Quite frankly, by now, 3arc should just purchase the Zombies IP from Activision and turn it into a standalone game - Origins and Mob of the Dead kinda already moved towards the "finite level" model anyway.

Phinor

You probably already know this, but downgrading your gfx drivers should stop the crashing.

Actually didn't know that. Quick search reveals me that I should go back to 337.88 or older. Not sure I want to go back to old drivers at this point.

(Who am I kidding, doing that first thing tomorrow.)

Nabs

Actually didn't know that. Quick search reveals me that I should go back to 337.88 or older. Not sure I want to go back to old drivers at this point.

(Who am I kidding, doing that first thing tomorrow.)

I rolled back to 335.23. I feel icky but at least the game doesn't crash!

Same here, although they got smarter and pulverized the storyline across dlc packs.
Quite frankly, by now, 3arc should just purchase the Zombies IP from Activision and turn it into a standalone game - Origins and Mob of the Dead kinda already moved towards the "finite level" model anyway.
Yeah, it's crazy. During the CoD sale on steam I saw how almost every DLC had some zombie part in it as well. Really shady. People who only care about zombie have to pay more for stuff they don't even want. Also, holy... you have almost 800hrs clocked at BO2. That all zombie or mixed with classic MP?
---
I was worried it would be too detailed, since it's my most information-dense piece. And I was worried it wouldn't do well 'cause it was posted on a Friday, yet it's one of my most successful pieces.
Hard work pays off :D You deserve it!

MRORANGE

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for October (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in October Send me a PM to request.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th September

Games / Gaffers:

Farming Simulator 15 - BinaryPork2737
The Evil Within - Hugstable
Legend of Korra - Uzzy
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - MRORANGE

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

Bump.

Acosta

Meh, I couldn't solve the "Unexected Error" thing /try reinstalling the ciend and via web, nothing). Had to open a ticket, hopefully they can solve it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh no, that's what I started playing today after finishing Saints Row 4 (I should probably start posting in the 52 Games - 1 Year thread, making great backlog-progress). Is it boring or frustrating?
It's the best game in the series with the best story, the best writing, the best set pieces, and the realest combat that demands the player not have molasses reactions.

Strider

For anyone who was planning on playing Destiny with me on the PS4, I've decided to not go with the PS4

Nooooooooooooooo.

But in all seriousness I think you made the right decision canceling. You didn't seem too hyped about the game or the console last time we chatted. No hurry if there's nothing you wanna play just yet.

Dead Rising 3 isn't exactly a looker but tbh some of those close-ups on character models look really damn good

I think that if the IQ was better it would actually be a great looking game for the most part. Great character models(especially in the clothing/faces), speculars everywhere, weapons that cast light on the environment, and so on.

I am looking forward to playing it in 4K in a few years :p

tylerf

The pain when you spend 30 minutes on a Hexcells puzzle and then make one hasty move to ruin the perfect game. Sometimes I wish it would let you fill it all in before submitting and then tell you how many mistakes you made.

Evrain

Yeah, it's crazy. During the CoD sale on steam I saw how almost every DLC had some zombie part in it as well. Really shady. People who only care about zombie have to pay more for stuff they don't even want. Also, holy... you have almost 800hrs clocked at BO2. That all zombie or mixed with classic MP?
Classic mp, as much as I am ashamed to admit Treyarch streamlined and optimized map visuals and geometry to the point where it becomes absurdly addictive (eg excellent contrast between textures and logical placement of chokeholds/flanking routes), what with the entire "prestige" reward system retooled to encourage continuous and variegated game play and tactics. Long story short, Vonderhaar and friends did their homework damn well.
I have fewer hours in Tranzit mode due to lack of good teammates, so if you want to play a game or two feel free to add me ☺

Chariot

Oh no, that's what I started playing today after finishing Saints Row 4 (I should probably start posting in the 52 Games - 1 Year thread, making great backlog-progress). Is it boring or frustrating?
Boring? No, certainly not. Story is amazing after it took some speed and characters are amazing. Alfred is constantly snarkung in your ear, assassins lure you into their traps in the open world and the villain interactions are cool.

However, there are some things that got worse from City to Origins. Combat is a lot slower due Batman wearing a heavier suit, it really feels like he is reacting slowly to the inputs if you're used to the slick controls of City. The city is bigger, in fact unessesary bigger. Arkham City was great because you stumbled every second about something new. Origins feels a bit empty and unnaturally inflated. Plus: its not quite clear what you can hook sometimes. So swinging around is constantly interupted by random ledges you can't pull yourself to despite them looking like other ledges.

Its a fun game but its unnessary janky at some points.

Asgaro

Yep. Mainly because Ghosts is a technical mess.

Not because of the setting?

I'm surprised most people haven't gotten tired from Modern Time games yet.
That era has now been milked more than WW2 was back in the days...

I didn't even bother with buying BF4, COD MW3, or COD Ghosts since it's all the same again.

Would be nice if WW2 made a comeback! Imagine Omaha Beach on a modern engine like Frostbite. :3
But I'm also happy with Future Time games so the upcoming COD has picked my interest.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-F8E4ED867477A774 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 3 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-93A6BBCF29EA0B5C - Taken by Henry Swanson. 5 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-BC138007E97B3B06 - Taken by Accoun. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-8EB7374218D40BE8 - Taken by lukiluk. 2 entrants total.

t1410136474z1.png

derExperte

Its a fun game but its unnessary janky at some points.

Oh yes it is. First the annoying/boring fight againts
Deathstroke
which takes way too long and sometimes I got the feeling my button presses didn't register correctly (like the icon for a counter was there but I was too late/early) and then I couldn't open a door. Had to restart from last savepoint. Not off to a good start.

So swinging around is constantly interupted by random ledges you can't pull yourself to despite them looking like other ledges.

And now I didn't make it to
Anarky's bomb in time
thanks to that.

Cheddahz

Banned
Nooooooooooooooo.

But in all seriousness I think you made the right decision canceling. You didn't seem too hyped about the game or the console last time we chatted. No hurry if there's nothing you wanna play just yet.

I'm glad you understand!

I went with a Xbox One instead and I have to say that I've been much happier with my decision and I managed to save $65 by switching as well (and I have a $10 copy of Dead Rising 3 coming as well, so I'm pretty set for now)

Asgaro

I heard LA Noire is shit, but how shit is it?

It's not a game for everyone. That I can understand.

But personally I thoroughly enjoyed it:
lanoirestats.PNG

Masterpiece for me.

Some remarks:
- Yes, there is not a lot to do in the open world. Still, if you like the setting, you can just enjoy driving around and enjoying the scenery.
It's what I did and you even get an achievement after a certain large amount of driving. Though looking at the Steam percentage of people who've got it, I was in the minority doing this...

- I think the plot was good. Though it's true that the "grand scheme of things" only gets revealed towards the end of the game. But damn, did I like it.
So it's worth it to complete the game!

- You notice Rockstar's touch. Details. Details everywhere.

- It can get tedious: in the sense that it's hard to complete the game without diverting your attention to another game mid-completion.
Normally I try to complete games one after the other. Most of the time this works, but for this game I really had a moment where I had to take a break.
So in a sense the interrogating stuff can get tedious but just take a break with another game to avoid "saturation" - and you'll notice it's well worth it to finish the story line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom