• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

I actually haven't had any crashes in DR3, luckily enough. And now that I've moved the game to my SSD, I the horrendous loading/streaming issues I had earlier seem to have gone away completely. If I didn't know so many people are having trouble even getting the game running, I might be fooled into thinking it was a decent port (if you have it on an SSD).

Of course I'm running it frame locked at 30 fps. Frame rate actually has been pretty solid for me so far, but I know for some people running a PC game at 30 fps is blasphemy.

Tizoc

Seems to be working for some and still crashing for others which sucks. I didn't have the screen flickering problem on the menu that you did, but I definitely had crashes :(. Haven't tried the game again since launch day, gonna give it a go later tonight though.

The one issue I have with DR3 atm is that it causes my lappy's fans to spin real fast. Dat next gen tech...
Remid me how to unlock the frame rate to 60 FPS please?

Jawmuncher

LA Noire would have been good if I wouldn't have hated all the characters by the end of it.
Cole alone is one of the worst "protagonists" i've ever had to deal with in gaming. Besides that it was really repetitive. Every case followed the same structure. Had they been able to change that up It would have been more interesting. Hell even some reviewers said it was better as a game to play and take a break every case, rather than play multiple in a row because of that.

Deitus

The one issue I have with DR3 atm is that it causes my lappy's fans to spin real fast. Dat next gen tech...
Remid me how to unlock the frame rate to 60 FPS please?

Create a file named user.ini (use notepad), with the text "gmpcr_unlock_frame_rate=true" in the file. Put this file in the DR3 game directory.

legacyzero

Banned
Not because of the setting?

I'm surprised most people haven't gotten tired from Modern Time games yet.
That era has now been milked more than WW2 was back in the days...

I didn't even bother with buying BF4, COD MW3, or COD Ghosts since it's all the same again.

Would be nice if WW2 made a comeback! Imagine Omaha Beach on a modern engine like Frostbite. :3
But I'm also happy with Future Time games so the upcoming COD has picked my interest.

Nah, the premise was actually decent. I love that kind of story. They did very little with it though.

Strider

Nice! I have an Xbox One as well. what games are you planning on getting for XB1 later this year/early next year? Mine is currently gathering dust :/ But I'm looking forward to Sunset Overdrive and the Halo collection.

Finished Far Cry Blood Dragon. Very short game but also very funny (and good)

Far Cry Blood Dragon is good fun. I like pretty much all of Ubi's standalone DLC/$15 tier games. Hoping they continue that model for good.

Asgaro

A damn magic touch, it even appears on games not developed by them :p

Haha, yeah I'm aware it was made by another studio and not in-house.
But still, nice from Rockstar to let the studio take their time and add all those details.
Example: did you know all the electricity/telephony cables in the air are connected in a logical realistic way?

Though unfortunately that sense for perfection and issues with time management was also partially the studio's downfall... The game could have been more: the world should have been utilised more.
You see tons of detailed environments where you don't even need to be for any mission. :(
Example: beautiful water creeks behind certain houses.

Tizoc

Create a file named user.ini (use notepad), with the text "gmpcr_unlock_frame_rate=true" in the file. Put this file in the DR3 game directory.

Thanks, now I've got the game running at highest settings minus shadows, will this affect anything?

Cheddahz

Banned
Nice! I have an Xbox One as well. what games are you planning on getting for XB1 later this year/early next year? Mine is currently gathering dust :/ But I'm looking forward to Sunset Overdrive and the Halo collection.

Well, I have Forza Horizon 2 paid off for and I'll probably pick up Sunset Overdrive and I'm getting the Halo Collection whenever it comes out

Evrain

Not because of the setting?

I'm surprised most people haven't gotten tired from Modern Time games yet.
That era has now been milked more than WW2 was back in the days...

I didn't even bother with buying BF4, COD MW3, or COD Ghosts since it's all the same again.

Would be nice if WW2 made a comeback! Imagine Omaha Beach on a modern engine like Frostbite. :3
But I'm also happy with Future Time games so the upcoming COD has picked my interest.
Supposedly, Treyarch's next game is WaW 2.

Did you idlemaster it for cards?

not intentially.

Game immediately CTD's for me. I just want to kill some zombies man. Come on, Capcom.

...did get all my card drops though.

It did that for me the first time I ran it as well... I waited 20 minutes for it to progress past that initial loading screen before losing patience and killing it. Has been fine since. 'Tis a tad buggy, that's for sure.

I waited quite a while because i heard the HD working. Alas, not a fucking thing happened. Just left with a 'deadrising3.exe has stopped working'.

oipic

Steam says I've played DR3 for 2 hours.

I haven't gotten to the first splash screen yet.

woo....

It did that for me the first time I ran it as well... I waited 20 minutes for it to progress past that initial loading screen before losing patience and killing it. Has been fine since. 'Tis a tad buggy, that's for sure.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Space Hack -- MB-5BABDEB6A8B55A66
Avencast : Rise of the Mage -- MB-FA3EB17A485A931B
Greed: Black Border -- MB-0807E65C8CB3E3DB - Taken by S1n1st3r
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts -- MB-BAF7BBD2CAC3C55B - Taken by darkchewie
Space Trader: Merchant Marine -- MB-C8DD16A91D6CE066
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes -- MB-2CE3A2A8ACDED2C5 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Canyon Capers -- MB-F27C4BD55A74A838

derExperte

I should not have gone from Saints Row 4 to Batman, playing this is painful right now. And I hit another bug, no indicator for the next story mission despite having it selected, maybe something's wrong with my install. *googles* No, others had that too. I said I'd complete it whatever happenes but I'm not so sure anymore.

xBladeM6x

image.png

WW2 games are fine. We just need different settings. I mean Sniper Elite 3 is the first one to be set in Africa in who knows how long. We need variety and not rural European town #217.

Edit: Wasn't the last one Medal of Honor Infiltrator? On the GBA? :x

Jawmuncher

Treyarch doing a WaW 2 makes sense to me.
CoD is Acti's money so they're going to do whatever it takes to keep it from stagnating. They learned their lesson from GH it seems. Which is good for all of us even if we don't want to play CoD. We at least won't see it being a modern shooter every single year.

WW2 games are fine. We just need different settings. I mean Sniper Elite 3 is the first one to be set in Africa in who knows how long. We need variety and not rural European town #217.

Still waiting for a FPS Campaign where you play as the Nazi's. Since that would take some actual work to do.
Since that story can be told without it being something to just spur controversy.

Tellaerin

oh god - I hope so ... it REALLY is high time to finally go back to WW2 in shooters ...

Back to WW2? Bah! It's time to go back... to the future!

Seriously, though, some high-profile futuristic/cyberpunk FPSes for PC would be nice. Destiny's coming, but that's still a ways off. Still no idea when Unreal Tournament 4's going to be in a playable state. There's Borderlands: TPS, but that's more "space western". Am I forgetting anything?

You have been worshipping for 310 seconds.

I know :(

I never had the money to buy it, and I'm still steadily trying to save up money for the shit ton of games coming this holiday.

I missed that bus.

Wasn't it 50% off the last summer sale? You might be lucky and it be 66-75% off next sale.

Classic mp, as much as I am ashamed to admit Treyarch streamlined and optimized map visuals and geometry to the point where it becomes absurdly addictive (eg excellent contrast between textures and logical placement of chokeholds/flanking routes), what with the entire "prestige" reward system retooled to encourage continuous and variegated game play and tactics. Long story short, Vonderhaar and friends did their homework damn well.
I have fewer hours in Tranzit mode due to lack of good teammates, so if you want to play a game or two feel free to add me ☺
*checks steam .... we're already friends, hah. Only missing piece is the game... lol
But I'll keep you in mind buddy!
---
You know what I want to see? A WWII adventure game where you play as a little Japanese boy whose parents die during aerial bombings... maybe even looking out for your sibling...
But seriously, there is a distinct lack of emotional WWII adventure games. So much tragedy happened across half the globe. And almost all games around the matter are shootbangs. I love FPS but I also love diversity.

Tellaerin

Still waiting for a FPS Campaign where you play as the Nazi's. Since that would take some actual work to do.
Since that story can be told without it being something to just spur controversy.

I'm not sure that playing as a soldier of a fascistic regime committing atrocities in the name of a despot is really a good premise for a game. It only works for Warhammer 40k because as bad as the Imperium of Man is, everyone else in the galaxy is even worse. :p

Jawmuncher

I'm not sure that playing as a soldier of a fascistic regime committing atrocities in the name of a despot is really a good premise for a game. It only works for Warhammer 40k because as bad as the Imperium of Man is, everyone else in the galaxy is even worse. :p

That's the thing though it can be handled in more way's though.
There were plenty of people who joined just to feed family.
If anything they could go a valkyrie route with it.

xBladeM6x

So much tragedy happened across half the globe. And almost all games around the matter are shootbangs. I love FPS but I also love diversity.
I want some more alternate reality type games. To me, that's the problem with too many WW2 shooters. They try too hard to be accurate.

Imagine a WWII game where you play a Nazi SS where you're murdering locals, and Allied forces looking for the mystical artifacts that they thought existed IRL, and in a turn of events, they do exist.

It would be morbid and in bad taste, but fuck it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom