• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
You know what I want to see? A WWII adventure game where you play as a little Japanese boy whose parents die during aerial bombings... maybe even looking out for your sibling...
But seriously, there is a distinct lack of emotional WWII adventure games. So much tragedy happened across half the globe. And almost all games around the matter are shootbangs. I love FPS but I also love diversity.

Dude not today. Don't make me cry.
Everyone should go see Grave of the Fireflies.

I'm genuinely curious who she's originally interviewing to get that kind of reaction. Lol

wdu75Go.gif
He was talking about some tragic life story of his, but I think that's just half of the reasons.

Accoun

WW2 games are fine. We just need different settings. I mean Sniper Elite 3 is the first one to be set in Africa in who knows how long. We need variety and not rural European town #217.

Edit: Wasn't the last one Medal of Honor Infiltrator? On the GBA? :x

Set fully there? Because I'm sure there were African missions in COD2 and that was a bit after the GBA (never played WaW except for a demo back when I had a PS3). Also, Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps - a maybe not great, but kinda neat RTS was released a year later, according to Wikipedia. And was set in Africa fully.

Set fully there? Because I'm sure there were African missions in COD2 and that was a bit after the GBA (never played WaW except for a demo back when I had a PS3). Also, Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps - a maybe not great, but kinda neat RTS was released a year later, according to Wikipedia. And was set in Africa fully.
CoD2 had some? I need to go back and play that. Now that I think about it, CoD 2 and 3 are the only ones I haven't played.

Uzzy

This doesn't tell me who either of them is.

It's Flex Lewis, a bodybuilder and Stacy Thompson, a reporter from Flex Magazine. This is the source video.

WW2 games are fine. We just need different settings. I mean Sniper Elite 3 is the first one to be set in Africa in who knows how long. We need variety and not rural European town #217.

Edit: Wasn't the last one Medal of Honor Infiltrator? On the GBA? :x

I'd love to see WW2 games exploring a wide variety of settings, different fronts, in a multitude of genres. Heck, Hearts of Iron 4 is one of my most anticipated games of next year. But, after the backlash against Company of Heroes 2's exploration of the eastern front, I can kinda see why developers tend to stick with the rather less controversial western front.

Accoun

CoD2 had some? I need to go back and play that. Now that I think about it, CoD 2 and 3 are the only ones I haven't played.

Yeah, although I'm not sure if they were good - I remember lots of complaints regarding the demo when it came out (especially comparing to the COD1 demo which was almost shockingly good for many people and built a lot of hype), but haven't finished the game either and don't know about other African missions' quality.

Levyne

Banned
Guild Wars 1 is a great fun game, but I haven't played it in yeaarrss.

It's also nothing like Guild Wars 2, if anyone was wondering.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
what in the world... lol
having said that I should go purchase it soon too

The discounts expired about 9 hours ago, but with any luck the games will be on sale again during the Autumn/Winter Sales and on the odd occasion in the future.

Helmholtz

Guild Wars 1 is a great fun game, but I haven't played it in yeaarrss.

It's also nothing like Guild Wars 2, if anyone was wondering.
Yeah I spent a couple thousand hours with GW1 (unlocked everything for GW2). I really liked that game. It was basically a middle ground between Diablo and a real mmorpg. Sadly GW2 disappointed me and I didn't spend all that much time with it. A lot of what I really liked about GW1 was missing in the sequel and I just found it boring.
GW1 is kind of a tough recommendation for me now though. A lot of what made it special to me was how active the game was, making it easy to find people to party up with and do things. I have to assume that the game is pretty dead at this point. The game is also kind of dated now. However, my experience with that game will always be one of my favorite gaming memories.

Teeth

Still waiting for a FPS Campaign where you play as the Nazi's. Since that would take some actual work to do.
Since that story can be told without it being something to just spur controversy.

This will never ever happen at the AAA level (or AAAA in Call of Duty's case). The closest thing would be some "undercover as a Nazi" type of campaign, or perhaps a single level in a campaign.

Watching this, she clearly is trying not to cry. Looks good in the gif though.

Salsa

so, for some reason Big Picture doesnt work anymore

it crashes on launch, every time. been like this for a couple days now

huh

Levyne

Banned
Yeah I spent a couple thousand hours with GW1 (unlocked everything for GW2). I really liked that game. It was basically a middle ground between Diablo and a real mmorpg. Sadly GW2 disappointed me and I didn't spend all that much time with it. A lot of what I really liked about GW1 was missing in the sequel and I just found it boring.
GW1 is kind of a tough recommendation for me now though. A lot of what made it special to me was how active the game was, making it easy to find people to party up with and do things. I have to assume that the game is pretty dead at this point. The game is also kind of dated now. However, my experience with that game will always be one of my favorite gaming memories.

I really ended up liking both, and play GW2 daily, but yeah, it's hard to recommend GW1 imagining at the moment it would probably be a single player game for most.

Helmholtz

I really ended up liking both, and play GW2 daily, but yeah, it's hard to recommend GW1 imagining at the moment it would probably be a single player game for most.
I think I could only truly recommend it if the person has at least a couple friends to play with.
GW1 isn't quite as much fun as a single player game in my opinion. It really was great fun when the community was active though.
Kind of bums me out that games like that were kind of a one time deal, in the sense that people won't ever be able to experience what it was like when there was a large online community for it.

Ozium

I'm not sure that playing as a soldier of a fascistic regime committing atrocities in the name of a despot is really a good premise for a game. It only works for Warhammer 40k because as bad as the Imperium of Man is, everyone else in the galaxy is even worse. :p

but all the modern CoD games have been popular...

Teeth

I think I could only truly recommend it if the person has at least a couple friends to play with.
GW1 isn't quite as much fun as a single player game in my opinion. It really was great fun when the community was active though.
Kind of bums me out that games like that were kind of a one time deal, in the sense that people won't ever be able to experience what it was like when there was a large online community for it.

I remember seeing a bunch of the concept and character art for GW1 and its expansions and then finding out that it was an RPG and thinking it would be the greatest game of all time. Then I saw what it actually looked like in game and was sad. I never ended up playing it.

What I wouldn't give for a game that actually translates the ArenaNet art into 3D properly.

Skyzard

Banned
Chivalry Medieval Warfare is so much fun and really easy to get in and enjoy. So glad I picked that up, been playing it loads just joining a random public server.
Looks pretty good too.

Shadownet

Banned
A bit OT, but I wanted to reminds you guys. If you want to buy some cheap Steam games. Please look below. I will only post this every once in a while on here to avoid derailing stuff. I hope you guys aren't offended since this is technically advertising. If you are. I apologize. Please PM me if you feel uncomfortable with this.

So as some of you know, I am a middleman for an anonymous seller.He provide discount Steam games. I would post this in the B/S/T but he wanted to keep it within SteamGAF so he does not get overwhelm.

Some of the popular games you can get from him.
- Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - $13.76
- Ryse: Son of Rome - $17.00
- Alien: Isolation - $22.12
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - $22.12
- Raven's Cry - $22.12 (Digital Deluxe Edition - $23.23)
-The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $10.31
- Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - $5.83
- Divinity: Original Sin - $14.74
- Hatoful Boyfriend - $6.13
- Lethal League - $7.36 (4-pack is $17.20)
- Super Ultra Time Force - $8.59 (soundtrack edition is $10.31)

If you need to do a price check for any games you can PM me and let me know. I will do it for you, or if you need to find out if a game is region-locked or not. His prices also update depends on if there is a sale or discount to reflect it. He only take Paypal. He doesn't take any interest in his prices, but he does accept donation. So if you can spare a few cents or whatever you want to throw in when you make an order. He would very much appreciate it.

As a middleman I only take hugs as my compensation. If you have any questions please PM me :)

Parsnip

It's the best game in the series with the best story, the best writing, the best set pieces, and the realest combat that demands the player not have molasses reactions.

If by realest you mean easiest, then yes.
Once you get used to the different timings, it's easy peasy and then they give you the ridiculous gloves that makes the combat completely trivial.

I think Asylum is the best of the bunch overall, liked the story, best pacing, most interesting gadgets, etc. The only thing I really dislike about it is the mashing of A to open grates and such. It's such a pointless mechanic. That's the best thing they did in Oranges actually, charging electric junk with the gloves you only need to hold the button down, no mashing involved.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If by realest you mean easiest, then yes.
Once you get used to the different timings, it's easy peasy and then they give you the ridiculous gloves that makes the combat completely trivial.

I think Asylum is the best of the bunch overall, liked the story, best pacing, most interesting gadgets, etc. The only thing I really dislike about it is the mashing of A to open grates and such. It's such a pointless mechanic. That's the best thing they did in Oranges actually, charging electric junk with the gloves you only need to hold the button down, no mashing involved.

Yo have you seen the Origins combat salty tears? That shit was actually too fast for people.

Going back to Asylum and City felt like slow-motion after Origins.

MUnited83

For you.
A bit OT, but I wanted to reminds you guys. If you want to buy some cheap Steam games. Please look below. I will only post this every once in a while on here to avoid derailing stuff. I hope you guys aren't offended since this is technically advertising. If you are. I apologize. Please PM me if you feel uncomfortable with this.

How does he get the games so cheap?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
we're talking about batman? I think Asylum was the best. I didn't like City's open world, just made the game a bit of a drag imo.

I think the over abundance of Riddler trophies and challenges that stem from the size of City's world can easily leave people burnt out. 440 is a bit excessive. I ended up stopping at 400 just to finish the Riddler sidequest. Still haven't played Origins, so I can't comment on that.

Glad I held off going to bed again for the n-th time, otherwise I'd miss this. Thanks Shadow and I'll probably hit you up sometime (not new titles but older ones).
Good night peeps.

iosefe

i have a VERY special request hidden in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom